DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi everyone! :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

Hi everyone! :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 3:36 pm

First off, hi :)I read in a few different thread comments users encouraging other new people to do this so here I go. My name is Ivy and I'm from a far away land named Argentina. I LOVE TGA, THC (the band, not the pot thing) and well of course Molly And The Zombies too.
I've been reading threads in this forum for a while now but I've been hesitant to join because well, I must confess I've never really understood how forums work and I find them a bit overwhelming with all the threads and people interacting in them. I get kinda lost.

Anyway, I'll be in NY from June 6 (yeah I'll be flying TO Brooklyn when Brian plays with Dave Hause and MATZ, somebody please kill me, life suxs big time) thru June 21 and I already got tickets to see TGA @ Clifton Park. I'd love to know if somebody else is gonna be there  Very Happy 

Also, should there be any other way to interact either with Brian or Benny or the Alex(s), PLEASE let me know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna go stand in the front door of any house to wait til somebody comes out, I REALLY hate bothering people, let alone people I know get bothered a lot, and I'm kinda shy so it's hard for me to do things like that anyway, but then again... I kinda need to tell them how their band just gave me hope again in many ways. I'd find it comforting and I can't think of a way of THAT being wrong if I do it respectfully. I know they tend to hang out after the shows so I'm REALLY looking forward to that!
I gotta make the best of my stay in NY regarding this because I know there is just no way of them coming to my country any time soon. I swear I do my best to get as many people as possible to know them but it's hard, so no promoter here will be interested in bringing them here ¬¬

Anyway, if someone would like to teach me how this thing works, well this is all new to me so I'd love to get some help.

Thanks!

Ivy

Last edited by ivienco on Sun May 18, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Welcome to the forum!  wave  Great time to join with all the new album stuff headed our way!

Sucks about molly and the zombies! Would be cool to have you there with us. But I know a bunch of DSS people will be at the Clifton park show. (Incl myself) we all try to meet up and get group photos etc. TGA shows are awesome when your around people as into them as us.

For interacting with the band just try twitter/Instagram
/facebook. You may not get a response back. But I'm sure they read it all to some extent and appreciate the feedback.
Also we have a whole discussion thread about meeting them after shows

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4997-meeting-the-band?

There's some great info over there.

Any questions feel free to ask! Forums can be overwhelming but we'll show you the ropes.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Well thanks!!! I'd very much love to meet you guys at the show! I'm supposed to go with a friend who barely knows the band so I'll have him with me but I'd really like to meet up, so when the date's closer let me know what the plan is!

I'll read the thread, thanks!! Feeling supported already yay!
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Welcome to the forum!! and have fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Thank you, Anya!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:13 am

Hi Ivy! Welcome! When I joined on here I was clueless about forums too (still am, except for this one). But you'll figure it out. Don't hesitate to jump into conversations. Everyone on here is pretty cool. Let us know if you have specific questions.

And see you at Clifton Park! If you spot me feel free to say hi.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 10:55 pm

why thanks, Shelby! I'm really bad with names and faces but I'll do my best to spot you and say hi Smile I'm gonna be so hyper I'm gonna look like a teenager on a sugar rush so it'll be pretty easy to spot me I guess! LOL
I'll try to wear my national soccer team jersey to at least have Ian's attention, with the World Cup and all hahah (England and Argentina are huge soccer rivals)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! :)   Hi everyone! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: