DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)

Go down 
+9
bringiton_ty
Keele
Jack
JimmyB
StitchesOnTheRadio
Anya_TGA
DeathoftheCool
jzancan
steady now steady now
13 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Empty
PostSubject: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:34 pm

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/05/01/4878599/gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Man, really looking forward to it. Glad he avoided the comparisons, and spoke more vaguely about the new record.

The point he made about bands like Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac is really encouraging, too. It's still their same sound, just leaning different ways.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 6:06 pm

fuck yes... this'll be good
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 6:15 pm

very interesting interview, thanks for sharing!

I am looking forward to this album, it has to be amazing Very Happy:D I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 8:25 pm

The vague-ness makes me more nervous but since his comparisons are never accurate it's probably for the best. I'm excited. I'm actually looking forward to feeling weird about it at first, as long as I do grow to love it. I mean, that was how I reacted to Elsie. I think I loved maybe 2-3 songs on there right away, I was intrigued by another 2-3 and the rest I skipped for awhile. But after a month of listening to it I was in love with every track and 2.5 years later I consider it my favorite album of all time. I would love to have that experience again with an album! Sometimes the best albums are ones that have to grow on you.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Elsie is really 2.5 years old already? Where the bleep did those years go?
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 11:05 pm

I'm so glad he mentioned that going against your instincts is a bad thing and that they wouldn't change for the sake of changing. That's what I was worried they were going to do and I'm so glad they aren't.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:23 am

I feel like having four Gaslight Anthem albums, all with their own sound, the itunes covers, Here Comes My Man EP, The Horrible Crowes, tastes of Molly and the Zombies, all live stuff and finally Halloween, everyone should have a certain comfort with Brian's voice to different styles and the guys doing different music. That doesn't mean the new album will sound anything like those, but I think all those things listed embrace what these guys are about. I liked Brian's simple explanations in that article.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 6:41 am

Elsie is 2.5 years old!!!?? No way that's crazy! So excited for the new album, I like how vague Brian is on this, I want no spoilers lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Jack wrote:
I'm so glad he mentioned that going against your instincts is a bad thing and that they wouldn't change for the sake of changing. That's what I was worried they were going to do and I'm so glad they aren't.

Same here, that's the way it came across last year when they were worried that they were done and needed something new. Back then, to me at least, it sounded as if they were changing it up just to change it up shouting out new ideas they could try.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:45 pm

it is so exciting that the new album will be different Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I am waiting for the CD now.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm excited, but I don't see where he is saying it will sound different. He's basically saying it's new songs and more mature. We know Bryfalfal will have 4 chord songs and it'll sound like TGA. He confirms that with the fleetwood mac bit.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:36 pm

J_Bizness wrote:
I'm excited, but I don't see where he is saying it will sound different.  He's basically saying it's new songs and more mature. We know Bryfalfal will have 4 chord songs and it'll sound like TGA.  He confirms that with the fleetwood mac bit.

Um…

“a big change for us sonically,”

"It sounds very different than last one"

"but you want someone to push the sound in a different direction"

“This is too weird, it’s not what I expected.”

Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 9:38 am

Jack wrote:
J_Bizness wrote:
I'm excited, but I don't see where he is saying it will sound different.  He's basically saying it's new songs and more mature. We know Bryfalfal will have 4 chord songs and it'll sound like TGA.  He confirms that with the fleetwood mac bit.

Um…

“a big change for us sonically,”

"It sounds very different than last one"

"but you want someone to push the sound in a different direction"

“This is too weird, it’s not what I expected.”

Not sure if sonically means that the songs will sound different. "From the last one" doesn't mean all GA. He said the same shit last time around.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 10:53 am

Okay…that's cool? I don't really know what you're going for here.
Back to top Go down
J_Bizness
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:18 am

Jack wrote:
Okay…that's cool? I don't really know what you're going for here.

All I'm saying... is that it's more likely it sounds like a GA album than something different. They aren't going all Radiohead
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:08 pm

I do think this album will be different enough, but not crazy different. He was saying the same exact shit when Handwritten was coming out. A bunch of comments about how the fans are just gonna have to grow with the band because they're not staying the same. Then the album came out and with a few sonic exceptions it was pretty much what you'd expect from a Gaslight album.

I'm definitely excited that they claim they've already done the "big rock record" and are doing something else now, and I'm intrigued by the change in producer.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm

If they tap into the "strange" vibes from recently such as This is where we part, Halloween, and misery, to even I witnessed a crime. I will be 100% ok with this album.

Of course it will sound like TGA, I would be disappointed if there wasnt something to string the records together in someway. i mean to put it to an extreme would anyone really want brian to do a heavy metal screamo record?
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
I'm definitely excited that they claim they've already done the "big rock record" and are doing something else now, and I'm intrigued by the change in producer.

This pleased me a lot, both the comment and overall change of producer. Whilst its just personal opinion, I don't feel Gaslight are a "big rock" kinda band. Personally, I feel that Handwritten didn't quite do what they expected it to as I get the impression they were trying to get that big breakthrough...especially as Brian was talking about how he was ready for arenas and such. I might be wrong though.

Debonair wrote:
If they tap into the "strange" vibes from recently such as This is where we part, Halloween, and misery, to even I witnessed a crime. I will be 100% ok with this album.

This is what I'm hoping for...I love all of those songs and feel it would be enough of a change without scaring their fans too much. If it is the case, we have had a pretty nice build up over the course of the last year or so to get use to the direction.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Debonair wrote:

i mean to put it to an extreme would anyone really want brian to do a heavy metal screamo record?

That would be kinda interesting and funny  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014)   Brian talks about the new album & the new sound (May 1, 2014) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1