DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The War On Drugs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BossTime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
BossTime

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

I don't see a topic for them anywhere on here so I figured I'd start one. I've been listening to the new album Lost In The Dream non-stop for the past few days and it just gets better each time. I went to the record store to pick up a hard copy the other day but they were already sold out. Anyone else been listening to them lately? Thoughts?

I love the cinematic landscape that their sound creates. The vocals fit perfectly on top of the music. You can close your eyes with it on and just drift off some place else. There are so few bands who can do that.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:02 pm

A few people have mentioned them in the past week as well so I'll definitely have to check them out...maybe when I have time to relax tonight. From what I've heard they definitely sound like one of them bands to listen to when going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:11 pm

I wrote an essay which I apparently did well on while listening to this album... Highly recommended. It reminds me of a hippie version of the National, people have been commenting on the 80's Dylan voice the guy has sometimes, like in the last track of the new album especially.
The first four and the last two songs are dynamite.
And Eyes to the Wind is for those of you who love the Eagles as well as cool indie bands
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Eyes To The Wind has to be one of the best songs if not the best that'll come out this year.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Never heard of this guys until Lost in the Dream came out and all of a sudden everyone was talking about it all over the internet. I think its in my top5 of the year unless there are some REALLY great records coming up. Definitly get this "hippie national" thing and i hear some Dire Straits, too. But i got into a youtube-comment-argument 'bout that so i think thats just me hearing that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:48 am

Hanswurst wrote:
Never heard of this guys until Lost in the Dream came out and all of a sudden everyone was talking about it all over the internet. I think its in my top5 of the year unless there are some REALLY great records coming up. Definitly get this "hippie national" thing and i hear some Dire Straits, too. But i got into a youtube-comment-argument 'bout that so i think thats just me hearing that Very Happy

Oh that dire straits influence is definitely there, good call. that's actually more accurate than my '80s dylan comparison, the guy's voice is even closer to mark knopfler
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 am

Wow! Listened to this album twice now...once last night but I fell asleep after 10 minutes and woke up during the last song (It really is an album to drift off with) and then once this afternoon. Its such a good album, easily going to be in my 'Best of 2014' I feel especially because the songs keep getting better and better with each listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The War On Drugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: The War On Drugs   The War On Drugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The War On Drugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: