DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)

Go down 
+28
ManasquanMike
TGAFAN25
NeverTrustAJunkie
GlennR
thebends
njguy99
ljdonofrio
FrankieG
rumham
Velocity
Jack
LuceroDiehard
matkins
Bobul
BossTime
TGA30
jonester
Jaws
Anya_TGA
LiveFastDieOld
big blue
onbackstreetsinbackseats
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Last Jukebox Romeo
colmillionaire
Debonair
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:58 am

The crowd was just pretty drunk, that's all... Lots of people staggering around... When you're in your own world, you don't give a fuck what's going on...

One thing I think coudl've helped would've been a mix of TGA and MandZ, rather than TGA-MandZ-TGA because people lose interest if they don't recognize music, regardless of how much they love the performer/how good the songs are.

Had a blast tonight, it was fun to see some old friends from here and make some new friends as well.

Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 am

That crowd really was super drunk, but that's what happens when doors are at 5 and the show goes till midnight. Plenty of time for beer consumption. But talking does suck at acoustic shows. One dude up front was so drunk so early and he was shouting over Tommy's set and that pissed me off. I know you're not there to see the opener but treat him with some respect. If you're up front, don't be shouting or absorbed in your phone, or what not. It's just plain rude. Do that in the back if you have to. Overall though, the crowd didn't bug me much, so I was pleased.

I agree it was maybe not the best move to have that much M&TZ in the middle, but I enjoyed it because I knew half of it and was familiar with the other half. I filmed all of Smoke by the way because it's my favorite (its way better electric though). That'll be up soon.

Those asking if Brian came out. It got down to like 15 of us by 1am and then a girl came down and said he wasn't coming down. No clue why but oh well. I never feel like I've wasted my time waiting because I always enjoy talking to new friends and old. We left when they kicked us out at 2. I did have a nice conversation with Brian McGee though.

Brian Fallon said to the crowd that they weren't gonna record a studio album for M&TZ. They are gonna apparently release the rest of the demos though and do like a live Red Bull session that may be just audio but possibly video too? This is supposed to happen around the middle of this month.

Oh and other interesting news. Gaslight is going to Nashville again to record in March (they apparently have 20 songs now), but Brian named their producer and it's not Brendan O'Brien it seems. I forget who he said it was.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 am

GlennR wrote:
Brian:
The '59 Sound
American Slang
Handwritten

Molly and the Zombies:
Red Lights
Long Drives
Until You Return to Me
(?)**
(?)
I Walked with a Zombie (Roky Erickson cover)

Brian:
Navesink Banks
She Loves You
Great Expectations

**These were the other two known Molly and the Zombies songs.  Do they actually have formal titles?

"Until you return to me" is called "Sketchy". Of the two you're missing,one was "7th and Union", the second one was "Smoke" (like Megan said).
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:18 am

dug the show last nite. but like someone said, he should have mixed gaslight and molly setlist up. People started to lose interest during molly long set.

I caught the last 2 songs of the performer before brian, i believe hes the singer of the scandels. was digging it!

Also, I thought Brians voice sounded good,thought he was losing his voice with gaslight and over touring.
Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Video of "Red Lights"

Back to top Go down
ManasquanMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:34 pm

American Slang

Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:20 pm

I know this is weird, but 7th and Union has been my favorite since the Stone pony show. It kinda reminds me of National Anthem
Back to top Go down
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:37 pm

I think I recorded most of it last night Smile
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm so jealous, but thanks for the videos...amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Wow that was an epic show! It was great meet a lot of new people! I would like to list you all but I'd prob forget. Also catching up with people I haven't seen in forever! Missed you guys.

Anyways on to review-ish things. As other people said the crowd was not really bad just drunk and having a good time like drunk people do. Kinda what you would expect from a 21+ only show. But inevitably it was probably annoying if you weren't drinking. (Like any time you hang around with drunk people while sober. )

All of the openers were solid! I bought all of their vinyls/demos at the merch after hearing them. Can't wait to spin those. Brian was hanging in the corner near the bathroom and was happy to take photos with anyone. Though I think he left when the crowd started to notice him over the openers.

Of course Brian was great. The crowd was singing along. (Even drunkenly out of key at times WinkRazz) to all of the TGA stuff. Red lights and sketchy most people knew and then understandably it dropped off. I agree he could of maybe mixed it up with TGA stuff. But it might have been annoying getting Kat and Brian on and off stage. (Unless they played TGAs stuff too! That would have been sweet)

Oh even though the set list says "45" he did not play it.

He had great banter. Laughing, smiling, truly seemed to be enjoying himself. Talked about plans for TGA and M&TZ too.

A few people around me were like "hey see if you can get him to sing happy birthday for your brother" so I did - he did. That was awesome. He gave my brother the set list at the end of the night too. Also big thank you to the people who went up and wished him a happy b-day after. He had a great time.

There was actually apparently another Dan whose birthday it was also. They obviously got a photo together.

So after the show Brian never came out. Those of us who were waiting did get copies of the show poster for free. I also found left over "cheat sheets" and someone gave me Brian's unopened can of coke randomly lol.

Man I could go on and on but oh well. Great night.

Info about the video I recorded:

I managed to record like 90% of it. My phone backed up a few times and I deleted crap like crazy to continue recording. Including a photo I got Brian to pose for Sad -haha oh well.

Only parts I mainly missed were long drives and I walked with a zombie. I think I lost a little banter too, plus into the beginning of navisink banks when my phone finally shouted "that is enough!" and I quickly switched and finished the show with my brothers phone.

The video/audio quality in the first one is pretty good, if you don't mind drunken out of key singing for a bit ;)and "woooooos"
But I know that can be a deal breaker for people.

The audio quality drops in the second vid cause I believe I was blocking the mic on my phone :(sorry. It comes back up near the mid of the video. But honestly with head phones you can hear everything.

Other than a few back of necks shots and weird camera angles it's pretty good.

If theres still an interest after reading all the down sides ^ I'll gladly upload it to youtube or something. Or maybe email if only a few are.

I might edit it together into one long video and have a black jump in the missing areas. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:53 pm

I already posted this in the Smoke thread (which by the way is updated with a nearly full set of lyrics) but I filmed Smoke because it's by and far my favorite and that 20 second clip from the last show just won't do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbANt7Egdq0

Andrew, I'd be interested to see your video. If only for the banter. I don't really care about the TGA portion and most of the M&TZ songs I think have been posted (except the one you don't think you have, "long drives"), so don't drive youself crazy uploading it, but he chatted a lot and I'd love to have record of that because of stuff he said about the new record and what not.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm

I got all the lyrics sheets from Brian's stand last night. I gave Red Lights to Lindsay, but let me know what lyrics you need.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:34 pm

LiveFastDieOld wrote:
I got all the lyrics sheets from Brian's stand last night. I gave Red Lights to Lindsay, but let me know what lyrics you need.

All of them would be great. We have threads going for each song on here if you haven't seen. Smoke, Sketchy, and Red Lights are basically done, but it'd be nice to get the last few words and catch any mistakes. The rest need a little or a lot of work. Anything you have would be helpful!
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you all for your notes and videos!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Bobul

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Those asking if Brian came out. It got down to like 15 of us by 1am and then a girl came down and said he wasn't coming down. No clue why but oh well. I never feel like I've wasted my time waiting because I always enjoy talking to new friends and old. We left when they kicked us out at 2. I did have a nice conversation with Brian McGee though.

I only ask cause I betting to myself as I merged onto the Parkway that he was probably just coming upstairs then. Just curiosity that's all.

I didn't want to beat up on the show, but I noticed to the total lack of respect for the openers. I cant say to much about Brians set because I was in the zone once he took the stage. I had been really looking forward to that night. It seems no matter who the performer is and where the venue is, you are always going to get that percentage of the audience that is there only as a social media check in. I was there kind of thing. They had no appreciation for the middle of the set or the part they weren't familiar with, but they were there. Major pet peev of mine right now.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:39 am

Bobul wrote:

I only ask cause I betting to myself as I merged onto the Parkway that he was probably just coming upstairs then. Just curiosity that's all.

I didn't want to beat up on the show, but I noticed to the total lack of respect for the openers. I cant say to much about Brians set because I was in the zone once he took the stage. I had been really looking forward to that night. It seems no matter who the performer is and where the venue is, you are always going to get that percentage of the audience that is there only as a social media check in. I was there kind of thing. They had no appreciation for the middle of the set or the part they weren't familiar with, but they were there. Major pet peev of mine right now.

Yeah you didn't miss anything Smile

And dude, I agree. Nothing drives me more insane than that kind of disrespect. And it's not even just disrespect to the artist, it's also to those in the crowd who are listening.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:38 am

Cat Popper is fuckin cute
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 am

I love the chemistry between the three of them. And I really loved the songs on acoustic guitar too.
Back to top Go down
onbackstreetsinbackseats
A Contender
A Contender
onbackstreetsinbackseats

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Cat Popper is fuckin cute

yeah she is
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Agree. Cat's a total babe. And I was kind of obsessed with her eye makeup.
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:34 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Agreed! Also, I have to say that I really love her understated voice with Brian's. I didn't think I would want a female singing with him, but I was wrong! They have really great chemistry on stage together as well.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

shes been with many bands. I know with ryan adams for abit, then all of sudden she was gone. grace potter.I wonder whats the deal
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:04 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starstruck76/sets/72157640469840996/
Just put up my photos from the night if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 pm

matkins wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Agreed! Also, I have to say that I really love her understated voice with Brian's. I didn't think I would want a female singing with him, but I was wrong!  They have really great chemistry on stage together as well.

chemistry is an understatement. They behave like 8 year olds who have been friends since they were born. McGee often looks like the older brother waiting for the kids to calm down.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:25 am

matkins wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Agreed! Also, I have to say that I really love her understated voice with Brian's. I didn't think I would want a female singing with him, but I was wrong!  They have really great chemistry on stage together as well.

chemistry is an understatement. They behave like 8 year olds who have been friends since they were born. McGee often looks like the older brother waiting for the kids to calm down.

They certainly have chemistry, but I'm not sure I'd go with a friends since 8 years old vibe...

McGee is the man, he was AWESOME solo... Opening with an acapella song was impressive....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)   Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian solo show at Crossroads in NJ (2/1/14)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next