DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting inspired by "She Loves You"

Go down 
+2
rumham
mja271
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Empty
PostSubject: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:14 am

So my girlfriend and I are celebrating one year together tomorrow and for the occasion I commissioned a painting inspired by one of our favorite Gaslight songs, "She Loves You".  When loosely designing this piece I wanted it to be somewhat minimalist and not the most obvious of scenes, and I think this wonderfully done piece captures that.  Whenever I hear the song I always envision a smokey, evening night in the city with Romeo walking the streets while Juliet looks down from he window.  There are some lyrical references sprinkled throughout that make the painting about the song, but not overly referential.  You'll notice the intersection is President St. and Union Ave. And on the buildings there are cherry picked words "Seas", "Stone Cold", and a couple other that likely won't be detectable from this photo. Anyway I was thrilled with the way this came out and wanted to share it with other big fans of this band.

Painting inspired by "She Loves You" In_the_Quiet_of_the_Night

Last edited by mja271 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 am

Very nice.... Really dig the subtlety of it all. I don't know if you follow the artist El Jefe but he said someone hired him to make an art print for the same song.

Painting inspired by "She Loves You" 1502471_10151801217581638_235719262_o
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 am

Awesome, I hadn't seen the El Jefe one, very cool
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:51 pm

your painting is really amazing Very Happy I like it
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:32 pm

oh fuck yeah!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:58 pm

That's some damn fine artwork, well done.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Love it. Very well done and I like the style a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting inspired by "She Loves You"   Painting inspired by "She Loves You" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting inspired by "She Loves You"
Page 1 of 1