DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem

Go down 
+2
bringiton_ty
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Empty
PostSubject: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:12 am

Dressed in a Sun Records T-shirt and a jean jacket, lead singer Brian Fallon took the stage as an older and wiser musician than he did in years past. Succinct in his banter between songs, the band’s frontman was both nostalgic and a tad reserved. The crowd hung on his words, but he didn’t spout life lessons. He simply talked about the differences between playing music now and when he was young. 
The band behind Fallon had undergone a similar transformation — trading in some of the energy for more of a professional, polished appearance. The sound benefitted — each song sounded tight and on time. The lead guitarist hit every note, the bass lines were thick and full and the drums were as good as on the records. I would be remiss if I did not mention that the drummer’s bass drum cover featured a picture of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as Roger Murdock from the film “Airplane!”

http://www.pittnews.com/arts_and_entertainment/article_4f6e207e-1f3b-11e3-bbf7-0019bb30f31a.html
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:57 am

Good read, thanx for posting Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
Good read, thanx for posting Smile
You're welcome
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:15 pm

hoping to hear more things about the band along this vein, it'd be very cool
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:31 pm

"...maturity beyond its years." Why is it that this line feels like it will be popping up a lot when the next record is released?
Back to top Go down
jumpBackJack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jumpBackJack

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:57 am

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
"...maturity beyond its years." Why is it that this line feels like it will be popping up a lot when the next record is released?
When I met Brian in Cincinnati, someone that spoke to him before I got my chance must have asked him something about the direction of the band, or what the new sound would be like (I didn't clearly hear the start of the question/conversation). But I clearly heard Brian say (something to the effect of) "well when you're 25,27 you write different songs than you do when you're in your 30s. So we're just doing what we're feeling now"
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

I suppose that sort of line will follow them now. Kinda good and bad I suppose. I will take the positive from it that they are much more experienced now and have honed their craft Smile I'm really excited to hear the new album as Handwritten was such a different sound (still my least fav album) but it opened up new directions to take the music. Halloween I guess could be a preview for what's to come. Great journey so far with TGA
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:50 pm

thanks for the link, it was a really interesting reading
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem    The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Maturation of The Gaslight Anthem
Page 1 of 1