DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Slang question?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pjpitt89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

American Slang question? Empty
PostSubject: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Hey all, quick question about the AS vinyl. I've had it for awhile now and have never thought to ask, but my vinyl has a lot of surface noise. I know it's not my turntable or setup, and the vinyl visually looks great, but it has sounded this way since I got it when it was released. Anyone else have this issue? It's not unbearable, but compared to other newer vinyl, including 59 sound, handwritten, and everything else I have for the most part, it has a lot of static and pops?

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm

I remember I had some issues with mine. What one do you have? The black, or some limited edition color?
Back to top Go down
pjpitt89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:11 pm

I have the black, which in my experience typically has a cleaner, smoother sound than colored versions. But yes, black and it has a ton of surface noise.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:12 pm

I've had a black and the limited edition red pressing S1D did last year. I remember the black to be cleaner than the red, but I also had surface noise.
I do remember as well that the way the album was mixed any bass frequencies were distorted and popped, (Sort of like Icky Thump by the White Stripes, if you're a fan) but that also could have been my speakers at the time.
Back to top Go down
pjpitt89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah that sounds similar to mine. I guess I don't listen to it that often, it's my least favorite gaslight album, but when I had it on last week it really surprised me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Slang question?   American Slang question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Slang question?
Page 1 of 1