DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twopointeight

Go down 
+15
LittleEden
loazis
Hasler09
The_River
pepperedham
tigerstrom29
Folke
StitchesOnTheRadio
DeathoftheCool
enola
cdala
HolyBreakOfDay
Harbortown
bringiton_ty
The Last Jukebox Romeo
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:01 pm

I see that Brian's really into these guys at the moment. In two different interviews he has mentioned them when asked about modern bands he is enjoying. I think they're awesome and wonder if anyone else has checked them out?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:35 am

It nice to see Brian give a shout to other bands trying to make it up the ladder Very Happy I really liked one track by them but overall I would not say im a fan as the rest were a bit dissapointing. Interesting band and image but not for me. They supported Gaslight at the Koko show in london (I believe) and I wasnt impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm

I love these guys, seen 'em live a couple times because they're Swedish so it's not hard to catch a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuCPbXC_og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEToe5PHSxE
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Seems great! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Only just found this but this was put on 'I Scream Records' facebook page a few days ago, seems that Brian is producing their new album:
Twopointeight has announced that they will be teaming up with Brian Fallon as the producer of their new upcoming album "Twopointeight III".
"Twopointeight III" will be recorded and mixed in New Jersey and Pete Steinkopf from The Bouncing Souls will be reinforcing the team on the pots and faders.
Ever since The Gaslight Anthem and Twopointeight toured together in Europe Brian has been fan of Twopointeight, and vise versa of course, and a collaboration as such was bound to happen sooner or later.
This new Twopointeight album will be Fallon's production debut, outside of his work with The Gaslight Anthem, and this is what he had to say about being on the other side of the isolation booth for the first time: "Twopointeight is one of those bands people absolutely have to hear and see. These guys write songs in a way only few bands can and I'm honored to be doing this project."
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:49 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Only just found this but this was put on 'I Scream Records' facebook page a few days ago, seems that Brian is producing their new album:
Twopointeight has announced that they will be teaming up with Brian Fallon as the producer of their new upcoming album "Twopointeight III".
"Twopointeight III" will be recorded and mixed in New Jersey and Pete Steinkopf from The Bouncing Souls will be reinforcing the team on the pots and faders.
Ever since The Gaslight Anthem and Twopointeight toured together in Europe Brian has been fan of Twopointeight, and vise versa of course, and a collaboration as such was bound to happen sooner or later.
This new Twopointeight album will be Fallon's production debut, outside of his work with The Gaslight Anthem, and this is what he had to say about being on the other side of the isolation booth for the first time: "Twopointeight is one of those bands people absolutely have to hear and see. These guys write songs in a way only few bands can and I'm honored to be doing this project."
holy fuck
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Harbortown wrote:
The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
holy fuck
Yeah I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out...don't know how this little gem of news slipped through the cracks
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:02 pm

sounds promising!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:48 pm

That sure sounds interesting!

I've seen Twopointeight supporting Gaslight a couple of times and really had fun during their sets - they put up a great show!

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153304348180324&set=a.10150158337695324.399503.78760180323&type=1&theater

...If you want to see a pretty damn cool picture, you're going to want to click the link. It's a lovely photo of the guys and a certain Mr. Fallon in the studio.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:55 pm

looks like he's producing the record?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:07 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
looks like he's producing the record?
Yeah, him and Pete Steinkopf.
Back to top Go down
Folke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:06 pm

They're really awesome and Fredrik Georg Eriksson is putting out his first solo album this year as well.
This first song sounds really promissing I think!
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Video regarding the new album....plenty of images with Brian in the studio as well which is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
tigerstrom29
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
tigerstrom29

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 am

The new album will be released in september, and it's sounds really promising. Their guitarist/singer Fredrick will not play with them during their US-tour with Gaslight and Against Me!. The reason for that remains unsaid.
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Here's the song Gaslight covered for their fan club vinyl, "This Is Where We Part":
https://soundcloud.com/twopointeight/this-is-where-we-part?in=twopointeight/sets/startkit
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:58 am

tigerstrom29 wrote:
Their guitarist/singer Fredrick will not play with them during their US-tour with Gaslight and Against Me!.

It's like : Brian Fallon will not play with Gaslight Anthem, during their US tour...

Well don't do it then !
Back to top Go down
Hasler09
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Hasler09

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: TWOPOINTEIGHT From Wires    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 am

Hi Guys

Anyone listened to the new Twopointeight album yet? really like the sound of it after my first listen through. You can hear Brian's influence I think. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 am

I bought it back in September when they were touring with Gaslight and I've been obsessed with it ever since. I just pre-ordered the vinyl. You're not the first person I've heard mention that you can hear Brian's influence and I agree with you there. Comparing it to their first two records, both of which I like but don't love, I'd say he and Pete were clearly the right people to take them to the next level.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 am

I had never heard of them, but your post sent me off to Spotify for a listen.

For now, I can only say that the first track is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
LittleEden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LittleEden

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 3:06 pm

I've been completely obsessed with the album! Hopefully it sells relatively well so Brian and them can work on another album together. I love the direction Brian and Pete took them in.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Millburys_Shoe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mike_Millburys_Shoe

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:18 pm

It's so fucking good. Some of the songs feel like a harder, heavier, faster HC...maybe because of something on the vocals. I love it.
Back to top Go down
pepperedham
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pepperedham

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 11:22 pm

This really is an amazing album. I loved both of Twopointeight's previous releases, and their frontman Frederik's solo stuff was also top notch so I wasn't expecting anything bad with From Wires. With Brian and Pete at the helm my expectations were even higher, they were met.

Got Love kind of drags for me but I can't help but be dragged into a trance by that bassline. That's the only spot on the record that I skip on regular listens.

Dusting for Prints, Martha St., This Is Where We Part, and The Grid are especially fucking awesome. Love them.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 4:29 pm

I ordered the "baby blue" variant of the new record and it came with a seam split along the spine. Victory records sent me a replacement and said I could keep the one they already sent.

If anyone wants that copy, let me know and I'll send it your way. I'll only ask that you pay the few bucks to ship it. The vinyl was not at all damaged and it plays great.
Back to top Go down
cms35
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 5:19 pm

I had no intention of listening to this as I've been somewhat disappointed by other musicians' side projects in the past. Especially production ones.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Listened to this last night. Love it. Fallon has a pretty good track record, so shame on me. Sad Shoulda known better....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twopointeight  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twopointeight    Twopointeight  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twopointeight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: