DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maria War with Brian Fallon

Go down 
+14
thomas94
NeverTrustAJunkie
Hanswurst
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Last Jukebox Romeo
GuitarMike
steady now steady now
Christophe
eagles1139
Jerseyrain
elbgoddess
Shrewsbury_Stars
Holland
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Maria War with Brian Fallon Empty
PostSubject: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=qlu_7h-vr9w
Interesting. I didnt find part 1, but I guess its somewhere. on this interview theres some interesting points/things. Like that Brian isnt anymore that into making a solo record, Mulholland Drive is gonna be the next single (I was pretty sure about that like half a year ago Smile ), theres a DVD coming with 10 songs (which seems like a stupid idea if you ask me. I mean ten song DVD in these days or something?) and stuff like that. But I wanna say that Roger Daltrey had a solo project back in the 70's and he made I think 1-2 records and have toured every now and then. Learn your facts Brian Wink...

Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:16 am

Well I was looking forward to a solo album but would rather there be a new Gaslight album. And yeh haha Daltrey was half man half horse on his solo album, how could he forget.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 am

At least Brian is completely consistent in his inconsistency. He's also gone from caring to not caring to caring again about selling a lot of records and being "big." I actually find all his flip flopping over the years to be pretty entertaining.
Back to top Go down
elbgoddess
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elbgoddess

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:31 am

By the way, here is the full interview: wrat.com

Last edited by elbgoddess on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 am

I'd heard on the wind that the solo album was put on the backburner in favour of a new album.

As for a live DVD, ten songs eems a bit short but it sounds like the deluxe edition of the new album may contain a fuller live dvd with or something like that so we'll have two which is something not to be sniffed at.

Roll on the Spring!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 am

Pt 1.

http://www.wrat.com/VideoChannel/RatTV/Channel.aspx?ChanID=1896&channelId=e1fc9290aa4145d0b2e28b7b3b1b3ffc&channelListId&mediaId=a2f6552c1ad14dd9b03e9845f036e8e4
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Really interesting interview. Brian sounds really positive and upbeat about new Gaslight. I'm glad that the next Gaslight album won't be too far away. Smile
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
At least Brian is completely consistent in his inconsistency. He's also gone from caring to not caring to caring again about selling a lot of records and being "big." I actually find all his flip flopping over the years to be pretty entertaining.

I'm with you, except for the 'entertaining' part.

As for the DVDs, etc., I'll believe it when I hold them in my hand.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
GuitarMike
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Is she "the Maria" that Brian sings about? affraid
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:46 pm

I enjoyed this interview quite a lot and got information on a lot of things that I was wondering about....then I read comments on here and remember...oh yeah. Most of this information WILL change in a month.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm

The Last Jukebox Romeo wrote:
I enjoyed this interview quite a lot and got information on a lot of things that I was wondering about....then I read comments on here and remember...oh yeah. Most of this information WILL change in a month.

#gaslightfanproblems
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

#gaslightfanproblems

Its just so hard being a fan these days damn it
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm

My money says he's back to doing a solo album in November Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 pm

njguy99 wrote:
My money says he's back to doing a solo album in November Frying Pan

watch it be horrible crowes instead, haha. Or better yet, a whole different side project. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Rap album.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:06 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
Rap album.

cheers Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 pm

njguy99 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Rap album.

lol! High Five I would die of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

njguy99 wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
Rap album.

lol! High Five I would die of laughter.

seriously - i think this could be very interesting stuff Very Happy

great news

and i couldn't agree more on what brian says about becoming a huge band these days and influencing people - that's what i love them for
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Thought this was a great interview.

I'm delighted whenever I see a female who can interview a band/musician without acting like a fool.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Thought this was a great interview.

I'm delighted whenever I see a female who can interview a band/musician without acting like a fool.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm

#gaslightfanproblems

Its just so hard being a fan these days damn it

I absolutely agree. It's disappointing to hear about all those new plans Brian has, which kinda don't mean anything the day after or get cancelled a few weeks later. Wink

This one expression in the interview is weird, where Brian says something like " a good band doesn't need a member to do a solo record. I'm not old enough to do such a solo record.." as if you'd have to be an old man to start a solo project..

Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm

I understand why people are frustrated with them changing plans but I feel like they're just trying to figure what the right next step for them is, and when you're interviewed so much it's hard not to say thing's you might change your mind on. I'd rather have them go back and forth with us than do something they weren't feeling just because they told their fans they would do it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 am

I'm glad Brian just seems to really be going for it with gaslight. i think he feels good with the band, man. good stuff
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:06 am

OldManShoes3 wrote:
I understand why people are frustrated with them changing plans but I feel like they're just trying to figure what the right next step for them is, and when you're interviewed so much it's hard not to say thing's you might change your mind on. I'd rather have them go back and forth with us than do something they weren't feeling just because they told their fans they would do it.

Definitely agree with that. I like that they're so open with what's going on in their heads. And yeah, it'd never be a good idea to force things. I guess I just wish they'd wait maybe a little longer to state their plans. Like when an album is 50% written. And if they want to reveal stuff earlier, just leave as "we MIGHT be doing...". But hey, they can handle it all however they want. I'd rather the unintentional teasing than to never hear anything!

DeathoftheCool wrote:
I'm glad Brian just seems to really be going for it with gaslight. i think he feels good with the band, man. good stuff

Agreed. I was getting worried after they were talking about struggling to come up with more TGA songs and putting the album on hold, etc. It's nice to see this positive turn Smile
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I mean, he equivocates quite a bit even when discussing things here. On the new band stuff, he says "I think this is going to take precedence" over the solo stuff. It seems very fluid... they could hit a roadblock with the new Gaslight stuff and he could decide to do the solo record. I guess, as always, stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maria War with Brian Fallon   Maria War with Brian Fallon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maria War with Brian Fallon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next