DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random experience driving home today

Go down 
+2
The Last Jukebox Romeo
jzancan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

Random experience driving home today Empty
PostSubject: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

I was on the way home from work today and had to take a pretty long detour because traffic was so bad. I decided it'd been too long since I listened to The '59 Sound straight through, so I put it on. Traffic was still pretty shitty on the detour route, and there was a car waiting to cut in at a stop sign. I had the right-of-way but wasn't really going anywhere anyway so I waived him over. He pulled out, waived, I waived back. Then at the next stop light the guy, who looked about my age (mid-20s), sticks his head out and yells something. I had to turn the music down to hear him:

"What was that?"
"Is that Gaslight?!"
"Yeah!"
"Hell yeah, dude!"

Then the light turned green and we drove off.

Last edited by jzancan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

haha nice little story. I like weird little occurrences like that, especially when it comes to music.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:14 pm

I've definitely had instances where someone else is wearing a Gaslight shirt and we look at each other and do the "We're twinsies!" thing. But nothing on the road!
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 pm

I had that happen with a Mystery Science Theater 3000 shirt once.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am

I was in a local-owned mom and pop record store and heard Great Expectations start playing. I figured it was Pandora or something, and just kept browsing when I heard '59 Sound come on and I realized they were playing the album. Keep in mind I live in this small little town where I figured I was the only one in a 50 mile radius who knew of these guys.
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:18 pm

zerb012345 wrote:
I was in a local-owned mom and pop record store and heard Great Expectations start playing. I figured it was Pandora or something, and just kept browsing when I heard '59 Sound come on and I realized they were playing the album. Keep in mind I live in this small little town where I figured I was the only one in a 50 mile radius who knew of these guys.

That's cool...the closest I have to that is being in HMV and having the full Handwritten come on, its nowhere near the same although when it happened I was debating why no one in the shop reacted or cared for it at all. They just kept walking through like normal and I was the only person who seemed to notice or care.
Back to top Go down
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm

^ I live on an island, I still feel like that haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random experience driving home today   Random experience driving home today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random experience driving home today
Page 1 of 1