DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Empty
PostSubject: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

So this is my favorite song and I've wanted to play it forever. Paid a dude a couple dollars to figure it out for me. I know paying for tabs is probably a little unorthodox, but it takes their time and whatever, I wanted it bad enough to pay one time.

I want to give feedback (I'm sure he would fix if something is wrong) but I'm very inexperienced with tapping and it's going to take me a lot of practice to get this down. So what do you guys think? Hope this pastes OK.

Sounds in the Key of F major
Standard tuning, 1 full step down (D-G-C-F-A-D)

|---------------------||-------------| |------------------------------------------|
T T T T*
eb|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Bb|----------------------------------------17--p10-h12-p10--12-h13-p12\10--|
Gb|--19-p12-h14-h16--17-p12-h14---------------------------------------------|
Db|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Ab|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Eb|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

^^^repeat this phrase 3x^^^

vvv and then play vvv

|-------------||------------||------------||----------| |--------------|
T T T T T T
eb|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
Bb|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
Gb|--16-p9-h12--16-p9-h12--16-p9-h12--14-p9-h12--14-p9-h12--14-||
Db|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
Ab|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
Eb|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

That's the gist. The whole thing is essentially tap/pull/hammers just pay attention to your phrasing.

Legend:

T - tap with right (strumming) hand
T*- tap this note with the left (fretting) hand
p - pull-off
h - hammer-on
\ - slide down

|-------| - phrase marks
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Not too bad. When I edit the "T" symbols show up over the right notes when I edit but not on the page. They should be over (pretty much the notes that don't have a hammer on or pull off):

19, 17, 17, 12

and

16, 16, 16, 14, 14, 14
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 am

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:01 pm

No prob, just let me know if you think it is right.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

PostSubject: Re: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:47 pm

I want to try and learn this for a school project, but I don't understand what you mean by phrasing etc, and I see what you were having trouble with above...do you think you could shoot me an email of what your friend actually sent you?

Also, is it worth learning? is it accurate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping   Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say I Won't (Recognize) - Lead tapping
Page 1 of 1