DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Scotland!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Strummerville
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Strummerville

Greetings from Scotland! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Hello everybody, not much to say about myself really so I'll summarise things quickly

Steven
Scotland
Only been into the band for a few months.
Saw the band on the 3rd of December this year, it was awesome.

Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:01 pm

awesome man and welcome
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:58 am

welcome to the board, glad to have you here... I am constantly shocked by the diversity of the fans for this band. Among the active people that post here there are quite a few from England, Germany, Australia, Qatar... I wonder what it is about this band that gives it such a worldwide appeal
Back to top Go down
Strummerville
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Strummerville

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks!

Diversity of fans can never be a bad thing Razz
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 am

I should let you know, I am a fake Scot... I wear a kilt to every show I go to (I wear Black Stewart, Clergyman and DCU tartans)
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:01 am

e6c wrote:
welcome to the board, glad to have you here... I am constantly shocked by the diversity of the fans for this band. Among the active people that post here there are quite a few from England, Germany, Australia, Qatar... I wonder what it is about this band that gives it such a worldwide appeal

who is posting from Australia and Qatar out of interest?

e6c wrote:
I should let you know, I am a fake Scot... I wear a kilt
to every show I go to (I wear Black Stewart, Clergyman and DCU
tartans)

Our family has our own tartan (Ross variety) my Grandad and his family where Scots you see.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Kropo, the guy that actually started this forum is from Qatar and MoshCam is from Australia I think
Back to top Go down
Strummerville
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Strummerville

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:53 pm

That's pretty awesome, and indeed quite random.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:57 pm

I think it is a really interesting sign of the times... there is no way that even ten years ago that this would be feasable.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 pm

No it is.

It comes into the subject I have taken at uni. Human Geography. There has been research into how the proliferation of technology has spread globally and connected people and changed cultures etc. Dead interesting.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 pm

You think this was possible 10 years ago?

Not to pull age on this one, but I remember what the internet was like 10 years ago... back then it was all BBS, Prodigy vs. CompuServe and USENET groups... the internet was only for "nerds" and a high speed connection was 33.6 (I remember when my modem went from 2400 to 14.4, it was awesome).

10 years ago, downloading a single image took a few minutes, and all music was stored in GINORMOUS .WAV files so downloading a song would take atleast an hour.

long story short, 10 years ago... no way.
Back to top Go down
Strummerville
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Strummerville

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:17 pm

e6c wrote:
You think this was possible 10 years ago?

Not to pull age on this one, but I remember what the internet was like 10 years ago... back then it was all BBS, Prodigy vs. CompuServe and USENET groups... the internet was only for "nerds" and a high speed connection was 33.6 (I remember when my modem went from 2400 to 14.4, it was awesome).

10 years ago, downloading a single image took a few minutes, and all music was stored in GINORMOUS .WAV files so downloading a song would take atleast an hour.

long story short, 10 years ago... no way.
It's quite amazing that such a thing could happen in a relatively short period of time. Ten years ago I don't think I had even heard of the internet.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:26 pm

I wasnt disagreeing with you I was saying it as in no it is a really interesting sign of the times my bad. Thats the one thing with the internet anything can be misinterpreted.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 am

sorry about that... 'my bad homes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Scotland!   Greetings from Scotland! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Scotland!
Page 1 of 1