DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spokes44
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Empty
PostSubject: Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show   Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Hello, I am looking to tape tomorrow nights show in Nashville. Can anyone point me in the right direction of an audio taping policy or who I would need to contact. I would be recording this for personal use and spreading it for free for other fans. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Based off the interview and responses below it looks like the band supports taping.

from http://www.gaslightanthem.org/boots.htm

Brian Fallon on 106.1 The Corner, 2 October 2010: "I think that shows and things like that are meant to be recorded. It's documentation not only for you, but for us." In an interview with

DimestoreSaints.com (7 May 2010) Brian Fallon was asked "How do you feel about people recording your live shows?". This is what he said:

"I think recording live shows is how we're going to remember our history. I love the idea. Plus, then you can take that moment we all shared together home. Maybe we played your favorite song that night, maybe you got engaged that night, who knows, but it's a memory and it's yours forever. With the internet how it is, bootleg live shows are the least of my worries. I mean you paid for a show, why not remember it forever?"

In his chat with DimestoreSaint.com (13 June 2010), Benny Horowitz was similarly asked "What are your thoughts on fans recording shows (video and audio)? Is that something you'd be cool with?" This was his take on the subject:

"Yeah, I don't have an issue with that at all, if people are doing it legit and just sharing with people who are interested listeners. Also, I grew up going to record shows with my Mom, and I have my share of bootlegged cassettes and videos from bands I love. If anything, I consider it a compliment. If somebody has a record label and tries to release it, then it might be a different story."
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show   Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm

You should show up with your recording stuff surrupticiously hidden, and then bust it out when it's time to record in the middle of the crowd, the band clearly supports it, so go for it!

If you ask the venue, I'm sure htey'll just say no...
Back to top Go down
spokes44
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show   Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:14 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
You should show up with your recording stuff surrupticiously hidden, and then bust it out when it's time to record in the middle of the crowd, the band clearly supports it, so go for it!

Thanks for the info.

I know that most venues will say no but if the band actually has a policy then that will override the venue policy. Reason I ask is that I have an actual tripod, mics and mount and it's a fairly decent setup so I'd like to actually have some permission before I would bring that in.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show   Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

spokes44 wrote:
rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I know that most venues will say no but if the band actually has a policy then that will override the venue policy. Reason I ask is that I have an actual tripod, mics and mount and it's a fairly decent setup so I'd like to actually have some permission before I would bring that in.

If it works it sounds like you will have a good recording. Best of luck with it and Im sure DSS will appreciate a listen if it comes off. There aren't many Gaslight bootleggers around these days especially since they've become more popular and venues are gettiing bigger and therefore tighter on security.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show   Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio Taping Policy? Need help for Nashville show
Page 1 of 1