DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

erm... Hello!

Go down 
+4
steph
StitchesOnTheRadio
The Last Jukebox Romeo
raclements
8 posters
AuthorMessage
raclements
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi all, just joined and thought I'd say hello.
Been a fan for a few years - got into the band through the Boss (as I'm sure a lot have), figuring that if *he* thinks they're good, then I better give them a listen... and he was right!

I love rock and roll - I've been listening to it for many many decades, and there guys are as real as anything I have ever heard.

But the thing that *really* turned me around from just thinking them a very good band to something on another level entirely, was last summer, when I went through a relationship break-up and was, I think it's fair to say, as low as a man can get...
And out on a walk, contemplating some pretty dark shit (is swearing allowed?), Boxer came on the mp3 player and it is no exaggeration to say that it probably saved my life.

ANYWAY - that's a bit heavy for an opening post!
Currently back on the rails again, and training for a marathon and when I'm running I have American Slang and Handwritten on a loop - I can run forever to those bad boys!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey! My name's Sarah. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Welcome to the family brother Hug

Good to see the boys have positively affected yet another music lover Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 pm

raclements wrote:

Currently back on the rails again, and training for a marathon and when I'm running I have American Slang and Handwritten on a loop - I can run forever to those bad boys!

Those two are great for running! I like to pair up '59 Sound and The Backseat and do the same thing.

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:45 pm

that's quite a story. i love "Boxer" and i like that you shared something so personal.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

Welcome! Thats a nice story. Glad you found inspiration that changed your mind Smile training is the best thing getting through the hell of a break up. I threw myself into the ring and trained long and hard for a fight coming up, was the perfect medicine and by the time the fight came nearer I had a new lady friend who is now my Fiancee and im happier than ever. Oh and she loves The Gaslight Anthem too Wink Keep your chin up, life has plenty of nice surprises
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
beckiee1993
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
beckiee1993

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:00 am

Hi! Smile
I'm a fellow newbie too! I'm glad you found something to change your mind. Good luck with your marathon! Great song choices Smile
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:03 am

Shit man, I'm glad everything turned out good.

I'm new here too. Just can't get enough of the concert boots and tour discussion. Smile
Back to top Go down
elnoiangles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
elnoiangles

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:04 am

Bringiton_ty, are you an amateur boxer or white collar fighter? I'm in Brum and if i can kick the smokes and get in shape I'm hoping to go amateur before the year's out. Lot of work to do first though!
Raclements, welcome, touching story mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

erm... Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: erm... Hello!   erm... Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

erm... Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Board :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: