DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?

Go down 
+10
LiveFastDieOld
TGAFAN25
DavyGrolton
Hanswurst
rem999
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
moosicmaniac
NYYFAN523
LuceroDiehard
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Couldn't hurt to ask, who knows? Maybe they'll make an exception
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Daire wrote:
Although, going to a fest just to see one band is pretty risky, and a bit stupid, in my eyes.
Most definitely. While it's unfortunate that Gaslight canceled, going to Bonnaroo for just a 45 min set from a band that tours a lot is ridiculous.

bobbyw24 wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
For those of you who bought tickets based on Gaslight, have any of you asked for a refund?

The 2013 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will take place RAIN OR SHINE . All acts advertised have confirmed their appearance at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival; however, acts are subject to change without notice. There will be no refunds resulting from the failure of any act to appear at the festival.

http://bonnarootickets.musictoday.com/BonnarooMusicFestival/eventMsg.aspx
That's their official policy but I would still call and complain. Maybe you'll find someone that's sympathetic and work things out. Of course they don't want to give refunds to people but there's always a chance. I've had luck getting refunds with "non-refundable" tickets via Ticketmaster a few times despite a similar policy.

Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 pm

ral wrote:

That's their official policy but I would still call and complain. Maybe you'll find someone that's sympathetic and work things out. Of course they don't want to give refunds to people but there's always a chance. I've had luck getting refunds with "non-refundable" tickets via Ticketmaster a few times despite a similar policy.

True
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Daire wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
came across this on Alex L's twitter, it was in response to someone asking if them being removed was a mistake...

"no I'm really sorry, there was a big mix up and the suits messed it all up. I'm sorry.........."

Clearly someone screwed up but we can't forget that the boys don't book their own shows and mistakes happen. But people have a right to be mad, even if no one screwed up on purpose.

Suits hired by the band though. And at the very least you woudl think their manager would be involved in tour scheduling. On face value, the band have to take a large part of the blame here.

Although, going to a fest just to see one band is pretty risky, and a bit stupid, in my eyes.

True, they're not 100% innocent parties in this mess up but you know when you hire someone or sign a contract with a record company, you try and find the best people you can, and then you're at the mercy of human beings who will, inevitably, make some mistakes. All I'm saying is they have to trust these people and they can't be expected to check up on everything that happens 24/7.
Back to top Go down
DavyGrolton
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm

But like I said, they knew about it before they announced it by at least a day or two, considering they were contacted and he was like "yeah we're not going"

THEN they announced it.

I just feel like they didn't have their fans in mind, it should've been the second they found out about this situation, immediately to twitter or facebook.
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Gaslight is NOT the only reason I bought my ticket. But the factor that made me "hmm I should probably go" to "damn I'm DEFINITELY going!" I'm a fan of multiple bands on the bill. Which is why I'm still going. But gaslight was def the highlight. So no more "stupid" comments. I wasn't going to JUST see them. Just stoked about it, Yano.
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 pm

My assumption was they were briefly scheduled to play Bonnaroo, and were removed from the lineup BEFORE it was announced, and the screw up was in announcing them when they had already been removed from the lineup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?   Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Gaslight been removed from the Bonnaroo Lineup?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2