DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long Time Fan, First Time Poster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Long Time Fan, First Time Poster Empty
PostSubject: Long Time Fan, First Time Poster   Long Time Fan, First Time Poster Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 pm

So, maybe not a LONG time, but since 2010.

Being in WV, I have precisely zero chance of them ever coming here. Sad

But, that just means roadtrips!

So far, I have been to 3 shows. Last year at Cat's Cradle Carrboro, NC was my first. Bit of a dry spell until I did it up right hitting Philadelphia November 27 and New York on the 28th. I figure I am just over 2000 miles of driving and it has been worth every mile!

Have a ticket in my hot little hand for Cleveland in a couple of weeks!

I also happen to have a very personal connection to the lyrics of Bring it On. Basically, I literally lived them. Ex wife walked out with no notice for someone who promised her the moon and the stars, all of this right in the middle of our adopting. So, pretty much fits the whole thing including the children you don't want to raise. The song inspired me and gave me strength to continue the adoption on my own to become the first single man to adopt from the state of WV. 3 years later, my son is a big a gaslight fan as I am. Just wish he could go to shows with me, but 4 is a bit young, even for all ages.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Long Time Fan, First Time Poster   Long Time Fan, First Time Poster Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:08 pm

wvmark73 wrote:
So, maybe not a LONG time, but since 2010.

Being in WV, I have precisely zero chance of them ever coming here. Sad

But, that just means roadtrips!

So far, I have been to 3 shows. Last year at Cat's Cradle Carrboro, NC was my first. Bit of a dry spell until I did it up right hitting Philadelphia November 27 and New York on the 28th. I figure I am just over 2000 miles of driving and it has been worth every mile!

Have a ticket in my hot little hand for Cleveland in a couple of weeks!

I also happen to have a very personal connection to the lyrics of Bring it On. Basically, I literally lived them. Ex wife walked out with no notice for someone who promised her the moon and the stars, all of this right in the middle of our adopting. So, pretty much fits the whole thing including the children you don't want to raise. The song inspired me and gave me strength to continue the adoption on my own to become the first single man to adopt from the state of WV. 3 years later, my son is a big a gaslight fan as I am. Just wish he could go to shows with me, but 4 is a bit young, even for all ages.

Welcome friend. Thanks for sharing your story.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Long Time Fan, First Time Poster   Long Time Fan, First Time Poster Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Welcome!

It's amazing what music can do to help people. I'm glad you found that song and that it helped you. Thank you for sharing that. Your son's a 4 year old gaslight fan? Sound's like you're raising him right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Time Fan, First Time Poster   Long Time Fan, First Time Poster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Time Fan, First Time Poster
Page 1 of 1