DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frightened Rabbit

Go down 
+5
wvmark73
Holland
Camus
moreblue
bringiton
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Just reading the Dave Hause / Scott Huchison Twitter love in and realized there wasn't a thread for this band on DSS. (or at least none the search function tells me)

They're incredible. A Scottish indie band, just released their fourth album this week called 'Pedestrian Verse' which Dave is waxing lyrical about over on Twitter.

Their career progression is basically the same as Gaslight's.

1st album was very DIY, raw. Second is basically near perfect breakthrough album. Third requires more patience but is brilliant. After the third they leave their indie label (FatCat in this case) and sign to a major (Atlantic). Which brings us to Pedestrian Verse, which is just awesome.

Oh, and they're amazing live.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Nice summary Very Happy

Love this band!

Seeing them play tomorrow night in Birmingham (4th time).
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm

As am I! Might see you there.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Will be at the London show and have been looking forward to this for so long. Was at one of the tour film screenings back in November and got a sneak peak of some of the album and it really hasn't disappointed!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm

These chaps have been one of my favourite bands for a few years now, I saw them live for the first time late last year and they were great. After hearing the new album I think the live shows will be even better.
Back to top Go down
wvmark73
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Just checked them out. Love em. Looks like they will be in Pittsburgh next month. Finally a show close to me!
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Anyone on here go to Scott's acoustic show in Bristol last night? I spotted a Gaslight anchor tee.
Back to top Go down
Coma Girl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Coma Girl

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Another Scott bringing great music to the world - you're welcome Wink

Laura x
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Just now checking them out. Why did I wait so long?? One of the best bands I've heard in awhile. I'm really impressed. Love finding new music!
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm

matkins wrote:
Just now checking them out. Why did I wait so long?? One of the best bands I've heard in awhile. I'm really impressed. Love finding new music!

Same here, i only checked them out prior to their last release and i really like them. To me anyway they're like a better Mumford and Sons and i dont know why i feel that way
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Alas, I am late to the party.
I randomly discovered this band a few weeks ago. Haven't explored their old stuff yet, but the new stuff sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frightened Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frightened Rabbit   Frightened Rabbit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frightened Rabbit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: