DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morningside Lane

Go down 
+4
jonester
TheTrevor
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm

It's been a while since I've posted about the band here, so I figured I would let you guys know about this new single and EP.
We just recorded this brand new EP in Brooklyn, NY at Saltlands Studio. Our engineer was Ted Young - who has worked on a ton of brilliant albums (including American Slang) and our 2 previous recordings.

The new EP is called "Poets & Back to the Radio" and it can be heard right here: Soundcloud

We have 2 important shows coming up if any of you are interested:
Thurs 1/31 - Crossroads (Garwood, NJ) - **FREE**
Sat 3/2 - Court Tavern (New Brunswick, NJ)

Thanks a ton! Let me know what you guys think!!

Last edited by yankeefan6493 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 am

I'm listening to your band's music right now and I'm digging it. Can definitely hear the Gaslight influence in the lyrics, haha. I can hear a lot of other influences too, which is good. Better to draw from lots of places than sound like a perfect copy of just one. I look forward to checking out the new EP.
Back to top Go down
TheTrevor
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:47 am

I just stumbled across this, and, man, I am blown away. I'm about halfway through the EP, and it's amazing--great songs, and a very unique sound. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://lupusrun.wordpress.com/

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Dude , I just listened to the EP.. You guys are fucking unbelievable, amazing amazing record. If you guys could find a way to open for gaslight , that would be crazy.
Back to top Go down
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

great stuff guys!
Back to top Go down
LiveFastDieOld
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LiveFastDieOld

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 am

Coming from someone who has gone to see Morningside Lane play I cannot stress is enough that you should go if you have the opportunity! If you dig the EP online, just wait until you see the show they put on! Wink
Back to top Go down

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 am

Where's your next show guys? Would love to come see you.. heard great things about you .
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Morningside Lane - UPCOMING SHOWS   Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Whats up guys? Just wanted to let you all know about a few shows we have coming up!

First, we have a show THIS TUESDAY Feb. 26th at Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square - NYC. It's the semi-final round for the Hard Rock Rising competition - with the grand prize being a slot at Hard Rock Calling, a world tour, and some other good stuff.
It's FREE, all-ages, and starts at 8pm!

Next, we have a show at The Court Tavern in New Brunswick on Saturday, March 2nd.
21+ / $9 cover - Doors @ 8pm / Show @ 9pm

Finally, us and a few of our friends' bands are putting together a big St. Patty's Day event at Crossroads in Garwood, NJ. That is all-ages with a $6 cover. Starts at 6PM.

Thanks a lot! We appreciate the support and any feedback you've given us!

#MSL

Last edited by yankeefan6493 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Ah I wish I was home of the 26th, it'd be so easy for me to get into the city as opposed to your NJ shows!

I hope you guys get a good turnout!
Back to top Go down
jonkhanmsl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Morningside Lane   Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am

Whats up guys!
Im Jon writing from the band 'Morningside Lane'
If you have never heard of us before please check us out and find us on facebook, twitter, etc. Lots of new exciting things that are happening with the band, heres our link: www.morningsidelane.bandcamp.com.

If you like what you hear and want a T-shirt that Brad Clifford (Gaslight's roadie) has designed, they're being sold through Infinite Merch here:

http://www.infinitemerch.com/collections/morningside-lane/products/morningside-lane-lighthouse-mens-tshirt

We will be recording in January with a very familiar dude you all might know, so keep posted with us!

Thanks dudes just spreading the good word of music!

-Morningside Lane (Jon-Guitarist)
Back to top Go down
jonkhanmsl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Morningside Lane   Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Hey, it's been a while since I've been on Dime Store Saints which I love, but I'm from a band called Morningside Lane. We just released a new EP called "A Fifth of Elvis" produced by Pete Steinkopf of The Bouncing Souls at Little Eden. It was a blast to record, and Ian stopped by to hang with us during the sessions! So, I think you all should download the record for free on our bandcamp! Here's the link Morningside Lane Bandcamp
If you want to view the record on Youtube, we just posted up a link this morning.

Thanks and we hope to receive some feedback!
-Jon.
Back to top Go down
zerb012345
Wooderson
Wooderson
zerb012345

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 am

I like it.
Back to top Go down
jonkhanmsl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks man! appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:10 am

Saw these guys in Cambridge (UK) last week. Really good, and really nice people.  But even more so, their four EPs are really impressive, not just for their Gaslight vibe. And the evolution of their sound is interesting to hear, having started out with a Southside Johnny vibe. Get downloading.

'Just The Other Side Of Romance' (Jul. 2012)
'Poets & Back To The Radio' (Dec. 2012)
'A Fifth Of Elvis' (Feb. 2014)
all at http://morningsidelane.bandcamp.com/music [all free]

'Mellow Drama' (Jan. 2015)
at http://supersickrecords.bandcamp.com/album/mellow-drama

They are currently recording their fifth. As I've already heard four of the songs live, I have high expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Sponsored content

Morningside Lane  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morningside Lane    Morningside Lane  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morningside Lane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: