DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US / CAN Tour 2013

Go down 
+99
TGA30
Jaws
HorribleCrowe
Hirti
Holland
mingus
Sabbi
Debonair
turnitin2004
ACA
IKeeptheDiner
cephcarn4
jdc
GlennR
xstevenbx
parno
bakerfall
Daire
AngryJohnnyN1930
AmSlang59
Prisoner
Jack
henn
19thirty
GuitarMike
moonlight
MKULTRA
The Last Jukebox Romeo
_rebekka_
rumham
cdala
thomas94
CasanovaBaby90
brucesboots
luckyman
janiejones
Steve70s
cmigs
jonester
lol_paul_ledoux
prettyontheinsidex
big blue
bt211
B701
SirBrad
imaxcowboyx
Christophe
The Poet Jonah
adreed
baggio16
spokes44
reched
Kosburn59
chickenman
FrankieG
ashleybb
Jerseyrain
eagles1139
pjk
onbackstreetsinbackseats
JukeboxJuliet
mvw
wvmark73
LittleEden
beholdhurricanej
borrowedcar
HighLonesome
Hanswurst
Camus
NYYFAN523
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
enola
CluckyB
colmillionaire
OldManShoes3
Rizz
Dimestore Romeo
33RPMHero
madsmom
TGAFAN25
Don Carlo
jamesh2
Reinvent good times
NeverTrustAJunkie
matkins
LuceroDiehard
ExitEnglish
redheadchick
moconnell23
knuckles
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
ral
pookieray
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
Grant Michael
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage
jonester
A Contender
A Contender
jonester

US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 am

It was added, there were no omissions.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 1:27 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkDUjuJjwcw
thanks to xavi there is now a full proshot video of made in america out there. very good show. one thing i notice from the mix is how alex l's bass playing has really gotten very good
thank you very much for the video
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 pm

I love that they played this during OWL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3f39iMhAM
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:59 pm

nebraska wrote:
I love that they played this during OWL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3f39iMhAM
Yes! You caught it too. Makes me so happy when they throw in Cure clips and references. I know The Alex's are huge Cure fans.
Back to top Go down
bootime
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 pm

matkins wrote:
nebraska wrote:
Yes! You caught it too. Makes me so happy when they throw in Cure clips and references. I know The Alex's are huge Cure fans.
Holy shit, they put in part of "The Push" (love that guitar part!)!?

God, hope they keep that in for the Bogarts show I'm going to on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 pm

bootime wrote:
matkins wrote:
nebraska wrote:

They did it at lupo's too! Thank you for posting which song it was because I could hear that he was doing something different but i couldnt make out a single word of it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
bootime wrote:
matkins wrote:
nebraska wrote:

They did it at lupo's too! Thank you for  posting which song it was because I could hear that he was doing something different but i couldnt make out a single word of it.
so that's what that is! i've always believed that OWL bears a strong resemblance to Just Like Heaven
Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Man all this talk is making me want to go to shows! My last one was on the Easter weekend, far too long ago!
Back to top Go down
jumpBackJack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jumpBackJack

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Wednesday is gonna be my first show. Taking the 4+ hour drive on my own from Chicago to Cincinatti. What are the odds of getting to meet/talk with the guys after the show? And what time should I expect the show to end? I'm wondering if I should rent a motel/hotel room for the night, or if it gets out early enough, if I should begin the trip pack to Chicago...
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm

jumpBackJack wrote:
Wednesday is gonna be my first show. Taking the 4+ hour drive on my own from Chicago to Cincinatti. What are the odds of getting to meet/talk with the guys after the show? And what time should I expect the show to end? I'm wondering if I should rent a motel/hotel room for the night, or if it gets out early enough, if I should begin the trip pack to Chicago...
Heres a topic where people have given their advice about meeting the guys.

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t4997-meeting-the-band?
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Not sure if it has been posted, but here is Gaslights set at Made in America.

Back to top Go down
jamesh2
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:24 am

Anyone get last nights set?
Back to top Go down
prettyontheinsidex
A Contender
A Contender
prettyontheinsidex

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:56 pm

jonester wrote:
I was at the paramount last night and the boys were rocking. The crowd was really into it from the get-go and Brian really fed off that. He looked like he was having a blast. Although the crowd was great, they were also incredibly docile. I was front n center and there was no crowd surging whatsoever and the only surfing was during the last song. The boys also mixed the setlist up a bit{no 59 sound, backseats etc.} but it worked great. My 14th show and easily in the top 3 or 4. I cant seem to load pics, including setlist , but they're on instagram under surfrat350s. Now the letdown as there are no shows on the horizon nearby for me.

The paramount always brings weird crowds. I prefer the city because you get people who are really into it. People from the island will go to the city, but people from the city wont come to the island. I was right in the front in the middle too and it was good there but probably died out toward the back. That venue could be sold out and the crowds are still weird. and those girls that kept yelling at the opening bands to leave? UNREAL.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:34 am

prettyontheinsidex wrote:
jonester wrote:
I was at the paramount last night and the boys were rocking. The crowd was really into it from the get-go and Brian really fed off that. He looked like he was having a blast. Although the crowd was great, they were also incredibly docile. I was front n center and there was no crowd surging whatsoever and the only surfing was during the last song. The boys also mixed the setlist up a bit{no 59 sound, backseats etc.} but it worked great. My 14th show and easily in the top 3 or 4. I cant seem to load pics, including setlist , but they're on instagram under surfrat350s. Now the letdown as there are no shows on the horizon nearby for me.
The paramount always brings weird crowds. I prefer the city because you get people who are really into it. People from the island will go to the city, but people from the city wont come to the island. I was right in the front in the middle too and it was good there but probably died out toward the back. That venue could be sold out and the crowds are still weird. and those girls that kept yelling at the opening bands to leave? UNREAL.
That sounds a LOT like the Irving Plaza crowd. Personally, to me, that's like as perfect as you get at a Gaslight show cheers. A crowd that's really into it but you never get distracted by someone landing on your head or someone shoving you off of (or into)the barrier. Now I wish I went to this show instead of Providence! haha.

That is unbelievably rude though about those girls telling the opening bands to leave. I don't care how much you hate them, they have the right to play for their allotted time just as you have the right to not get there until Gaslight goes on.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:28 am

i love that they have been closing with american slang. great way to end it. it seems like brian really loves singing it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:43 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
i love that they have been closing with american slang. great way to end it. it seems like brian really loves singing it.
Agreed! I was beginning to feel like that song was getting a bit boring live, but putting it at the end seems to have breathed new life into it! Smile 
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 6:28 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Agreed! I was beginning to feel like that song was getting a bit boring live, but putting it at the end seems to have breathed new life into it! Smile 
seriously, the way he riffs on the words kinda off the rhythm on the prechorus is so great, and he always tries a variation on the melody.
plus, he sings Waiting for Somebody by Paul Westerberg, which is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It makes me so joyful
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 6:44 am

jonester wrote:
That sounds a LOT like the Irving Plaza crowd. Personally, to me, that's like as perfect as you get at a Gaslight show cheers. A crowd that's really into it but you never get distracted by someone landing on your head or someone shoving you off of (or into)the barrier. Now I wish I went to this show instead of Providence! haha.

That is unbelievably rude though about those girls telling the opening bands to leave. I don't care how much you hate them, they have the right to play for their allotted time just as you have the right to not get there until Gaslight goes on.
by the way, I love getting to see this east coast perspective on the band and just on the area in general, it's so fascinating to me. here on the west coast we are a little more isolated since the cities more spread out, it's so cool! i love the east coast.

And Shelby, you and I have the exact same taste in crowds when it comes to Gaslight shows. Just everyone really into it but cool, singing along and watching the stage instead of some crazy stuff going on in the crowd. jumping clapping and singing along are my favorite type of crowds High Five Clap Hug Clap
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:24 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
jonester wrote:

by the way, I love getting to see this east coast perspective on the band and just on the area in general, it's so fascinating to me. here on the west coast we are a little more isolated since the cities more spread out, it's so cool! i love the east coast.

And Shelby, you and I have the exact same taste in crowds when it comes to Gaslight shows. Just everyone really into it but cool, singing along and watching the stage instead of some crazy stuff going on in the crowd. jumping clapping and singing along are my favorite type of crowds High Five Clap Hug Clap
Haha, glad we can entertain! cheers From talking to a lot of people on here and at shows, it seems like there's quite a divide in the North East between people who want lots of crowd surfing and moshing and those who want people to find other ways to have a good time. It kinda leaves you not knowing what to expect when you go to a show!

But yeah, I mean while I wouldn't object to not getting hit in the head at any show, I at least understand why crowds get wild with certain bands, but I really don't get it with Gaslight. It'd be one thing if all they played was stuff off SOS and Senor (which I wish people would calm the f*ck down so they'd bring more of those back without fear that we'd all kill each other!) but like 80% of the setlist now is songs like Here Comes My Man, or faster songs slowed down a bit. But hey, I'll take the moshing and the crowd surfing if people would stop with that push forward that pins you to the barrier and then they push harder, and with shoving people who waited for hours out of the way so they can be on the barrier front and center. Both of those are obnoxious, moshing and crowd surfing at least (allegedly) has a purpose.
Back to top Go down
jumpBackJack
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
jumpBackJack

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:39 pm

I was at the Bogarts show on Wednesday. It was my first Gaslight show, and I had an awesome time. I drove out early from Chicago and got up on the rail in front of Alex Levine. The guys really recovered well from a lone asshole messing things up early on. This short bro-looking guy was dead center in front of the stage, about 2 people back from the rail, completely hammered. Right when they started playing he started shoving people around trying to start a mosh pit. Only he was in the midst of several younger girls, and some older people. Some guys who were there with their gf's got a little pissed off at this, and the shoving escalated into punches half way through the 2nd song. Security got involved and the band stopped playing, and Brian was clearly disappointed/pissed off at what was happening saying "this is just stupid". I was really kinda panicked at this point, after driving 4.5 hours by myself to see them, thinking the guys would be in a bad mood after this and the whole mood of the concert would be messed up.

But Brian gave a pretty good talk about how he's noticing the general behavior of crowds has been getting worse and worse at concerts (not just their concerts), and that when he was growing up he'd go to shows for an appreciation of the music and the artist, not to try to bully people and let out aggression. Then they recovered pretty well by playing Contender and going into we came to dance.

I stayed afterwards and got to meet the guys, except for Benny who I didn't see come out (I think this might have been while I was waiting to talk to Brian). I'd say between 15 and 20 people formed a line to talk to Brian and he talked with everyone one at a time and took pictures. Seemed to be in a really good mood, was a really nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Hirti
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:56 pm

jumpBackJack wrote:
Then they recovered pretty well by playing Contender and going into we came to dance.
Holy shit. I'd love to hear Contender into Dance at one of the European shows. Especially at the beginning of the show. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 am

jumpBackJack wrote:

But Brian gave a pretty good talk about how he's noticing the general behavior of crowds has been getting worse and worse at concerts (not just their concerts), and that when he was growing up he'd go to shows for an appreciation of the music and the artist, not to try to bully people and let out aggression.
It's nice to know he said something about how crowd behavior has been getting worse. I think Brian probably doesn't like to comment on it too much because obviously many people would take it the wrong way and think he was saying fans can't be enthusiastic or some bullsh*t. But it's nice to know he notices this and isn't encouraging it.

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 am

yeah sometimes i wish bands would tell the crowds to chill out more often if people are obviously getting hurt. i've heard of green day and foo fighters doing that
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 am

honestly they probably can't see the crowd half the time
Back to top Go down
FrankieG
A Contender
A Contender
FrankieG

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:45 am

Met Brian last night! Very Happy 

<<<------------------- Smile Smile 

Wasn't even expecting it. just happened to be standing in the right place when he walked over. I held it together when I was talking to him but I was a total fan-girl the rest of the night haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US / CAN Tour 2013   US / CAN  Tour 2013 - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US / CAN Tour 2013
Page 31 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next