DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween (acoustic)

Go down 
+25
The Last Jukebox Romeo
staylucky
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
Labhras
ral
Hanswurst
rsi1991
Jack
brianisbae
shack3000
TGA30
bringiton_ty
Christophe
Jerseyrain
njguy99
enola
Yozzy
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
Breanne
TGAFAN25
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

here's the live video fom axs-tv

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Not sure why people bother uploading videos of the song playing on their tv in their living room when it's more or less unwatchable.

Anyways, here's a high quality vid

Really love this song already. It's one of my favorite songs they've done in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

i like this song. i like it when the songs have a concept to them.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I like it when they have lyrics!!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:39 pm

i just like it when they do anything cus i'm a real fan. independent thought is for snobs.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Labhras wrote:
i just like it when they do anything cus i'm a real fan. independent thought is for snobs.

High Five
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

I like it when the band (fill in the blank)
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 am

...when the band mails out their Holiday 7" Smile Anyone have an idea when this is supposed to happen? Just curious. I'm going to try and be patient and not listen to the video.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 am

No idea where I heard this (coulda been on this site) but someone said before the end of the year? I'm so excited for it so I hope they at least say when soon. Or that it just shows up at my door like the fan club package did!

Good for you being patient. I'm not listening to the acoustic version much cuz I don't want to get it in my head as the "original". The recordings of the full band ones don't give much away in terms of how it sounds in my opinion so you don't spoil it much there.
Back to top Go down
staylucky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
staylucky

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

Felt like I should finally make my first comment on here, instead of just lurking! Just to say I think this new one is, lyrically speaking, one of my favourite Gaslight songs ever. That first verse, and the metaphor for a "corpse in a suit"... it might not have been intended as such, but it's a pretty spot on description of what it feels like to suffer from clinical depression, and that really speaks to me on a personal level.

On a happier note - I really hope they play this in Glasgow in March! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 pm

I love how Gaslight songs sound great both normally and acoustically. It seems each song kicks ass and then when you strip them down there is an even deeper meaning and lyrically they're beautiful. It is no different here, i'm torn as to what i prefer though - the acoustic Halloween or full Gaslight version. Either way, i'm thankful i get to listen to both.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 am

I really love this song. Moreso because it's on my iPod as 'Making Whoopee' and I don't plan on changing it Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm

I never thought of the "corpse in a suit" as a analogy as depression...wow nice interpretation there.
Back to top Go down
Mroku
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mroku

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 am

Quote :
I never thought of the "corpse in a suit" as a analogy as depression

Ask any white collar around you. 99% will share this point of view and add agression, sadness, loneliness and so on.

Lyrically, more and more open and honest. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Mroku wrote:
Quote :

Ask any white collar around you. 99% will share this point of view and add agression, sadness, loneliness and so on.

Why only white collar? (Not criticizing your thoughts just wondering Very Happy ) Oh, the suit thing maybe? I guess I didn't think of that, but I can imagine this song fitting well with like a business party-ish event.

I think it also applies to those of us who aren't big on the party/drinking scene and always feel out of place at those things. Anyone with that social disconnect really.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Mroku wrote:
Quote :

Why only white collar? (Not criticizing your thoughts just wondering Very Happy ) Oh, the suit thing maybe? I guess I didn't think of that, but I can imagine this song fitting well with like a business party-ish event.

I think it also applies to those of us who aren't big on the party/drinking scene and always feel out of place at those things. Anyone with that social disconnect really.

Ugh I hate those parties. That feeling of floating through the room while everyone rushes past you, not being able to even force a smile as drunken friends laugh until they fall over...there are few things in life more depressing than those nights.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 pm

I've been listening to this song a lot lately and I think it may be the most brilliantly heartbreaking song Brian has ever written. Too much blood on the page indeed.

Back to top Go down
cdala
A Contender
A Contender
cdala

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

i think the lyrics make this song. i've been listening to it every morning when i walk to work
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm

They definitely need to record this song properly, I don't listen to it very often because of the production (or lack of it). It's amazing lyrically and would be so much more hard hitting if they recorded it in a studio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween (acoustic)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next