DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween (acoustic)

Go down 
+25
The Last Jukebox Romeo
staylucky
TGAforLIFE
JimmyB
NeverTrustAJunkie
Labhras
ral
Hanswurst
rsi1991
Jack
brianisbae
shack3000
TGA30
bringiton_ty
Christophe
Jerseyrain
njguy99
enola
Yozzy
azlisa
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
eagles1139
Breanne
TGAFAN25
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:19 am

Beautiful...but I also want to hear the studio version. This is going to be one of those that makes us all cry, I'm sure...
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I'm so happy they're coming out with this jam soon, if this is where Brian's at writing right now the next record could truly be something special....

Who can't identify in some way with nearly each verse or find a line here that speaks to them?!

You reckon this is a newly written song? I'd have thought it was another that didn't make Handwritten. I hope the version we get is the full band studio version. After Misery and Hold You Up I think its time for a return to the electric and from the looks of that poor quality video on You Tube, its good with everybody playing.

Can't be too long before the 7"s are sent to us but knowing the infintemerch shop it will be February by the time they arrive...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:46 am

Has anyone ripped these performances and uploaded them yet?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 am

Just when you think Brian surely can't keep writing gut wrenching, powerful 100% relatable songs he does it again. This song is so powerful I cannot wait to hear the studio version. The lyrics are breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Fantastic song!!! very excited for this release now Very Happy Brian's done it again
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 pm

azlisa wrote:
did anyone post the other videos from this performance?

mullholland drive - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_S4nGL8NDM&feature=plcp

45 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1PUPofYe8&feature=plcp

mullholland drive is damn near perfect. this new song is pretty great too.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Christophe wrote:
Just when you think Brian surely can't keep writing gut wrenching, powerful 100% relatable songs he does it again. This song is so powerful I cannot wait to hear the studio version. The lyrics are breathtaking.
This. Seeing it live in Boston for the first time was really awesome. Very moving song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Breanne wrote:
Christophe wrote:
This. Seeing it live in Boston for the first time was really awesome. Very moving song.

You are so lucky! I hope it's a song they continue to use in future tours. Would love to hear it live Smile
Back to top Go down
shack3000
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
shack3000

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm

That song blew me away live in Boston. A powerhouse. The acoustic version sounds great too though.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm in love with this song now, especially after reading the lyrics. Brian's incredible.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 am

Great song. It's also worth noting his voice sounds fantastic in this andd the other ones from this session, which is encouraging.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 am

They played a non acoustic version of this tonight, well last night technically. It was awesome. I kinda got a sense of The National when they played it. They said it is going to be on a 7" for anyone that is part of the fan club by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AsWeGetOlder
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:58 am

By the end of the year? Nice! and yeah, especially his vocals sound like the guy from the National. I'm excited for it.
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 am

Yeah pretty positive he said by the end of this year. Lets hope cause I want a recorded version of the song asap.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AsWeGetOlder
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 am

Agreed - the live version was terrific. I have to bet someone will cut it off Axs TV from the live show...
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm

here's the live video fom axs-tv

Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Not sure why people bother uploading videos of the song playing on their tv in their living room when it's more or less unwatchable.

Anyways, here's a high quality vid

Really love this song already. It's one of my favorite songs they've done in the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

i like this song. i like it when the songs have a concept to them.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

I like it when they have lyrics!!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:39 pm

i just like it when they do anything cus i'm a real fan. independent thought is for snobs.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Labhras wrote:
i just like it when they do anything cus i'm a real fan. independent thought is for snobs.

High Five
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

I like it when the band (fill in the blank)
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 am

...when the band mails out their Holiday 7" Smile Anyone have an idea when this is supposed to happen? Just curious. I'm going to try and be patient and not listen to the video.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 am

No idea where I heard this (coulda been on this site) but someone said before the end of the year? I'm so excited for it so I hope they at least say when soon. Or that it just shows up at my door like the fan club package did!

Good for you being patient. I'm not listening to the acoustic version much cuz I don't want to get it in my head as the "original". The recordings of the full band ones don't give much away in terms of how it sounds in my opinion so you don't spoil it much there.
Back to top Go down
staylucky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
staylucky

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

Felt like I should finally make my first comment on here, instead of just lurking! Just to say I think this new one is, lyrically speaking, one of my favourite Gaslight songs ever. That first verse, and the metaphor for a "corpse in a suit"... it might not have been intended as such, but it's a pretty spot on description of what it feels like to suffer from clinical depression, and that really speaks to me on a personal level.

On a happier note - I really hope they play this in Glasgow in March! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (acoustic)   Halloween (acoustic) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween (acoustic)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next