DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12

Go down 
+13
dustinpardue
infoghost
DeathoftheCool
eagles1139
StitchesOnTheRadio
moosicmaniac
CasanovaBaby90
bt211
Breanne
brianisbae
TGAFAN25
SubconsciousRitual
RickySpanish
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Thanks so much for the video! From what I can hear I really think I'm gonna love this song! I hope non-members will be able to download it too "eventually" cuz that'd be frustrating if not. As a member who paid though I'd like to have it for at least a week before it leaks to everyone haha which I'm sure it will. So excited for this!

Yeah I guess so. I'm hoping that the vinyl will be members only but then hopefully the mp3 download will be available to everyone via iTunes.

in this interview they said "you'll be able to download it but just the vinyl (as opposed to CD) and it's only for the fanclub. I mean it might, someday we might re-record it, put it somewhere, but for now it's just that."

9:11-9:48: http://www.joiz.ch/videos/watch?bclid=1943581346001&bctid=1948892263001&title=Wir+hatten+die+Jungs+vor+ihrem+ZH-Gig+im+Interview!

I assume by "download it" they mean it'll come with a download card, not general public download. It'll end up on the internet pretty quickly though I'm guessing.

Sad I hope it does end up online somewhere. It sounds like a great song.

join the club, it's not too late!

I might just do that.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

gracias for the halloween vids! sounds like a spooky version of wherefore art thou elvis
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm

there is some afghan whigs-esque slide from Ian as well. good to see his role expanding in the band!!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Halloween reminds me of the National, I really like it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 am

did anyone bootleg this show?
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Does anyone know if anyone wrote a review of this show, and/or if any photographers put up and albums anywhere from the show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

High Five yeah, this was my first thought after hearing the song
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:

Yeah! it's like the national, afghan whigs, and tegan and sara combined
Back to top Go down
TheEmptyBones
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TheEmptyBones

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Is Halloween a live version or studio for the fan club 7"?

Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

TheEmptyBones wrote:
Is Halloween a live version or studio for the fan club 7"?

He said at the show that they recorded it exclusively for the fan club, so I assume (and am hoping) it's recorded!
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Breanne wrote:
Yeah, did he say theyd be back in May??

I certainly hope they didn't say May just because that sounds like another "one month in the US" sort of thing. Since they're in Europe in March and April and then back in Europe for some festival in June. Oh well, they never stick to what they say, maybe it'll work in our favor this time.

*crossing my fingers they don't come through the north east during my finals week/graduation!*
Since when are you on the West Coast?!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:22 am

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

I certainly hope they didn't say May just because that sounds like another "one month in the US" sort of thing. Since they're in Europe in March and April and then back in Europe for some festival in June. Oh well, they never stick to what they say, maybe it'll work in our favor this time.

*crossing my fingers they don't come through the north east during my finals week/graduation!*

Since August for a "study abroad" semester. I can't tell you how grateful I was when they announced a show in Oakland back in September, haha. It made it sting a little less that they're playing a ton of NE shows right now that I'm missing by 4 days!

But you know you have it good when you're complaining about not seeing your favorite band for the 7th time this year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Since August for a "study abroad" semester. I can't tell you how grateful I was when they announced a show in Oakland back in September, haha. It made it sting a little less that they're playing a ton of NE shows right now that I'm missing by 4 days!

But you know you have it good when you're complaining about not seeing your favorite band for the 7th time this year. Very Happy

i feel your pain, i missed SF in july, oakland in september, and not so silent night in december
#firstworldgaslightproblems
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

i feel your pain, i missed SF in july, oakland in september, and not so silent night in december
#firstworldgaslightproblems

Hahaha that's a great hashtag.
Back to top Go down
infoghost
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
infoghost

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 11:29 am

Maybe I am biased, but I think the Boston setlist has been the best over the last week or so. And you can't beat that encore.

One thing I did notice for the first time at a TGA concert - lots of people not singing along. Most shows I've been to, everyone is screaming their lungs out. Shows they are getting bigger and it's just not a dedicated fan base coming to see them, I guess. There were plenty of people right into things of course, but just something I noticed. New fans, curiosity, whatever. Certainly not like the Middle East crowd, where I think we were louder than the band a couple times. But, smaller venue too.

I wish them all the luck in the world, but if they ever get really big, and I am forced to see them from a distance, it will be weird after all these up-close shows. Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

infoghost wrote:
Maybe I am biased, but I think the Boston setlist has been the best over the last week or so. And you can't beat that encore.

One thing I did notice for the first time at a TGA concert - lots of people not singing along. Most shows I've been to, everyone is screaming their lungs out. Shows they are getting bigger and it's just not a dedicated fan base coming to see them, I guess. There were plenty of people right into things of course, but just something I noticed. New fans, curiosity, whatever. Certainly not like the Middle East crowd, where I think we were louder than the band a couple times. But, smaller venue too.

I wish them all the luck in the world, but if they ever get really big, and I am forced to see them from a distance, it will be weird after all these up-close shows. Just sayin'.

I agree with no one singing along, I was right on the barricade, in front of Brian and the three people to my left weren't singing, and the two people to my right didn't sing. It was only me, and two girls and a guy right behind me that were moving and singing, and Brian definitely noticed, but it was bizarre, I haven't seen it that bad ever. It was my first Boston show so I was like hmm maybe because I'm not in their NY/NJ/PA hometown area, people aren't as nuts? I don't know!

It will be very strange to watch them in big arenas, and I know they deserve it, but I feel like they still have a while to go before they play the TD Bank
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

The crowd was awful. I was in front of Alex R and people were just standing there, looking bored, as if they didn't want to be there. I was singing and moving around and people were looking at me like "cut it out, I'm trying to not enjoy the band". I wish it was more like the Middle East show where everyone was going crazy. Oh wellll.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah I was against the barricade in between Brian and Alex L and my friends and I were preparing to get pushed around and were talking about how we had to make sure we held our spot....and then 59 Sound kicked in and we were like "...that's it?" Once they did 45 there was a little more movement but yeah nothing like the Middle East show.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Breanne wrote:

I agree with no one singing along, I was right on the barricade, in front of Brian and the three people to my left weren't singing, and the two people to my right didn't sing. It was only me, and two girls and a guy right behind me that were moving and singing, and Brian definitely noticed, but it was bizarre, I haven't seen it that bad ever. It was my first Boston show so I was like hmm maybe because I'm not in their NY/NJ/PA hometown area, people aren't as nuts? I don't know!

It will be very strange to watch them in big arenas, and I know they deserve it, but I feel like they still have a while to go before they play the TD Bank

Yup, that was me. Smile

I noticed that the crowd wasn't as into it as usual. This was my 3rd Boston HOB show (missed the Middle East) and in the past the crowds were nuts - just like the crowds I'd seen in NJ/NY.

I also remember the "that's it?" feeling when '59 Sound kicked in.
Back to top Go down
infoghost
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
infoghost

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 pm

It's def not a Boston thing, like moosicmaniac said, that last two shows at the HOB had great crowds.

I think it's really a shifting of the fanbase from "our band" to bigger crowds. Folks that came with a friend, or are just there because they hear TGA is the next big thing and want to be the cool kids (we've got years on that, get off my lawn) that like something 'new'. It happens. It makes me sad but at the same time, I want them to be successful too.

And for the record, I don't care if the people around me got annoyed by my enthusiasm. When I am at a TGA show, I will act appropriately, which means losing my frigging mind.

Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:31 pm

moosicmaniac wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Yup, that was me. Smile

I noticed that the crowd wasn't as into it as usual. This was my 3rd Boston HOB show (missed the Middle East) and in the past the crowds were nuts - just like the crowds I'd seen in NJ/NY.

I also remember the "that's it?" feeling when '59 Sound kicked in.
Were you the boy in the red shirt that was talking about his dad loving Springsteen?! I sound like a total eavesdropper haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm

has a bootleg showed up for this show yet?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 pm

It's crazy to me how the crowds seem to have changed since the summer. That's interesting what you guys are saying about the singing along. My parents were there but they were in the mezzanine and my mom who was at the Stone Pony show in 2010 remarked that she couldn't believe how many more people were singing along this time around. She also said everyone went nuts for 45.

This may not be just a big surge of people who don't know the band it may just be the crowd changing to how the music is changing. Their setlist isn't just punk song after punk song any more. That can bring a change in who the audience is. Personally, I wouldn't be broken hearted seeing the moshers or crowd surfers disappear.

Don't be fooled by minimal pushing though, in Oakland the first surge came an hour into the show, same with the first crowd surfer. No one, not even security (who dropped the guy) was prepared.

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:25 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/tour-diary-the-gaslight-anthem-grab-a-piece-of-boston-20121130

Rolling Stone Tour Diary motherfuckas!!
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/tour-diary-the-gaslight-anthem-grab-a-piece-of-boston-20121130

Rolling Stone Tour Diary motherfuckas!!
Awesome, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12   Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boston House Of Blue 11/26/12
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next