DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound

Go down 
+4
enola
HolyBreakOfDay
Labhras
Matty'sGotTheBlues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty'sGotTheBlues
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Empty
PostSubject: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello. Been a fan since Gaslight BLEW MY MIND at a Bosstones show a few years back. Picked up SoS and been a fan since. They got soul, kid, that's for sure. I joined the board to meet people with similar musical interests and to discover new bands that I'd like. It's a pleasure to be here!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm

sorry pal this entire website was made out of irony. if you actually like TGA you'll have to go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Shh, Laur. Welcome dudebro.
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:50 am

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 am

Haha Laurence being the first one to welcome anyone to this site is just a scary thing. Don't scare off the new people Laurence!!

Welcome! What other bands do you like?
Back to top Go down
Matty'sGotTheBlues
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

I listen to pretty much every genre, but I only like a few artists from each. My favorite groups/artists are the ones who sound like nothing else (one of the reasons I like GLA, no other "punk" band sounds like this). My favorite groups at the moment:

The National: Guitar effects, unique drumming, and a guy who sounds like he's on the brink of mental collapse. When I'm depressed I put them on to soak it in and bleed it out. And they can rock out too, check out the song Mr. November.

Doomtree: It's both a label and a group; 5 rappers/vocalists and 2 DJs. I don't listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop because there just isn't a lot of stuff out there that is this introspective and socio-politically conscience. At least, I haven't found much. Bolt Cutter is a good song to check out.

The Hold Steady: I blame Craig Finn for every good (meaning bad) idea I've ever had. I remember quite a few nights that could've been good Hold Steady songs. Hell of a band to see live - they're playing a sketchy dive night club in my area soon. No better place to see them.

Foster the People: Best thing to happen to pop music in DECADES. They do a lot of experimentation with the production of their music, using a wide range of instruments to create quirky sounds that form unique pop songs. They walk the line between using real instruments and sampling to create something altogether fun, catchy, and musically competent. Give the album Torches a listen and skip over Pumped Up Kicks if you have to.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello, and welcome here.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 am

Matty'sGotTheBlues wrote:
I listen to pretty much every genre, but I only like a few artists from each. My favorite groups/artists are the ones who sound like nothing else (one of the reasons I like GLA, no other "punk" band sounds like this). My favorite groups at the moment:

The National: Guitar effects, unique drumming, and a guy who sounds like he's on the brink of mental collapse. When I'm depressed I put them on to soak it in and bleed it out. And they can rock out too, check out the song Mr. November.

Doomtree: It's both a label and a group; 5 rappers/vocalists and 2 DJs. I don't listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop because there just isn't a lot of stuff out there that is this introspective and socio-politically conscience. At least, I haven't found much. Bolt Cutter is a good song to check out.

The Hold Steady: I blame Craig Finn for every good (meaning bad) idea I've ever had. I remember quite a few nights that could've been good Hold Steady songs. Hell of a band to see live - they're playing a sketchy dive night club in my area soon. No better place to see them.

Foster the People: Best thing to happen to pop music in DECADES. They do a lot of experimentation with the production of their music, using a wide range of instruments to create quirky sounds that form unique pop songs. They walk the line between using real instruments and sampling to create something altogether fun, catchy, and musically competent. Give the album Torches a listen and skip over Pumped Up Kicks if you have to.

Same here, I also gravitate toward bands/artists that don't sound like every other artist in their genre. I've recently been falling in love with the National. Mr. November is a great song! And I like the Hold Steady but I really don't like Craig Finn's voice/some of their songs are too rambly for me like they modeled them after Springsteen's "blinded by the light", which I like but don't need more of. But that's just my taste, I respect their talent. I'll check out the other two!
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 am

Hey and Welcome!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound   Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awfully hi-tech for such a retro sound
Page 1 of 1