DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas

Go down 
+14
matkins
bringiton_ty
'49mercury
Labhras
njguy99
NYYFAN523
lol_paul_ledoux
enola
StitchesOnTheRadio
steffuhnee
azlisa
plugga
Hanswurst
madsmom
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Looks like we only missed Mae and handwritten. here's the setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2012/gibson-amphitheatre-universal-city-ca-2bda0c36.html
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm

shit! missed nearly the whole set and just caught the bridge and end of backseats Crying or Very sad

anyone who recorded this ?
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm

I like the Wallflowers (although I haven't listened to them in ages), but I really didn't think much of Jakob singing with Brian. Jakob's vocals just weren't all that great on 45 at all. American Slang, however, was amazing with Dave Hause!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
shit! missed nearly the whole set and just caught the bridge and end of backseats Crying or Very sad

I second this, anyone manage to snag it? wonder why they couldn't leave it up for at least a bit.
Back to top Go down
lol_paul_ledoux
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hanswurst wrote:

I second this, anyone manage to snag it? wonder why they couldn't leave it up for at least a bit.

hopefully it will pop up on youtube soon. but wouldnt mind some MP3s for thee ol iPod
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am

Pretty good set considering they only got 30 mins. American Slang with Dave is obviously great and it has the Waiting for Somebody by Paul Westerberg bit at the end. 45 with Jacob Dylan is pretty rough. His voice seemed fine but it didn't really mesh with Brian's and that's not really a great song for a duet at all.
Back to top Go down
poormrpitiful
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
poormrpitiful

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:43 pm

I taped the audio of the show from the stream its just one long mp3 though, how & where would i go about uploading this?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 pm

It's on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kO91Sd7DX8
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Haha Jakob kinda sounds how I sound when I attempt to sing 45. Yeah not the best song for his vocals. Glad Brian caught himself on the lyric messup during Handwritten. So glad this ended up on youtube. Thanks for posting the link!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas    Gaslight Anthem to play the  23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem to play the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2