DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where does the name TGA comes from?

Go down 
+3
CapedAvenger
Labhras
HolyBreakOfDay
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

Where does the name TGA comes from? Empty
PostSubject: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Never found that information, so I think big fans here can answer my question Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:33 pm

the gaslight was the name of a club in new york where ppl like bob dylan used to play. in 2005 i was on a plane to america and got talking to the chap beside me. he told me about a club he ran in new york where he'd occasionally get celebrities in. he gave me his card but being a law a biding 16 yr old i obviously didn't go the club. anywho this summer i was cleaning my room and came across the card he gave. turns out the club he ran was.............................. the gaslight. affraid

the band called themselves the gaslight anthem as an homage to how interesting this story is.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Interesting. Just been looking up some of this info, and found various things:

For one, the Wikipedia article for the Gaslight Cafe, which confirms (as much as you can believe Wikipedia) the story of where TGA got their name: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gaslight_Cafe.

Another being another thread here asking the same question, although that doesn't add much to the story.

Perhaps most interesting is this Wikipedia article about Dylan's live album, Live at The Gaslight 1962. Released in 2005 (not long before TGA formed), i wonder if it's something that prompted the band to name themselves after the venue?
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

I've read in interviews it is from club called 'The Gaslight' and they just stuck 'Anthem' on the end.
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 pm

If you wan´t to know more about this topic, read this book

Its about the gaslight-time
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Don goes to the Gaslight in an episode of Mad Men. When he is cheating with the artist who ends up a heroin addict.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Afzoomie67 wrote:
I've read in interviews it is from club called 'The Gaslight' and they just stuck 'Anthem' on the end.

I remember reading that one of them really liked the idea of having "Anthem" in a band name... I believe it was Benny but I could be easily mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does the name TGA comes from?   Where does the name TGA comes from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where does the name TGA comes from?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: The Gaslight Anthem :: Discussion About The Band-
Jump to: