DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cologne show sucked ass big time

Go down 
+15
steady now steady now
plugga
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
Woody
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
kappanera
JimmyB
theratman
Definitely_Josef
visible_karma
Raoul_Duke
dvddubbingguy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:25 pm

What about theatre, or a musical or opera? How many nights are real 'off' nights? Can TGA crowds expect the banter as part of their ticket or is it a bonus? And what length show can people expect? A play is usually about the same length every night (and yes, people do go to see the same production more than once).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm

I wasn´t there, but I´ve also heard from other people, that they were a little bit disappointed. But every band has got a bad day, also TGA. I can´t really understand, that people say, that the band would play without passion. The Thursday-show was so great, Brian was talking funny (and many) things, they almost played 2(!!!) hours in a very nice balanced set. It´s hard to believe that the second show should be the total opposite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
What about theatre, or a musical or opera? How many nights are real 'off' nights? Can TGA crowds expect the banter as part of their ticket or is it a bonus? And what length show can people expect? A play is usually about the same length every night (and yes, people do go to see the same production more than once).
it's funny you should bring up plays as i was just thinking today that if the sound for any of the modest plays i've worked on was poor ppl would be on my ass. i reckon an internationally renowned band should expect to come under scrutiny for such things. having said that being a sound guy is a thankless job, ppl only notice when something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 pm

i don't think it's 100% on the band, the venue might be crap.
the sound at brixton day one was HORRIFIC tbh but day 2 was way better.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:06 pm

I agree that the shows in Cologne and Frankfurt were not up to their usual standards but they were still good shows. They might be tired or worried, maybe they needed a break, maybe they were worried because their families and friends back home had to deal with that fucking hurricane. I will say it again: we don't know what is going on behind the scenes so we don't know if that might also influence their performance. But I do think they work too hard and should treat themselves with a day off more often.

I had the feeling those 3 shows were quite short but they were still around 23 songs each. Maybe they just felt shorter because Brian didn't talk much - I don't know... Soundwise I didn't think the shows were so bad. But I guess it always depends where you stand, iIn the front it was OK ...

And they were back in top form in Munich and Vienna. Those 2 shows easily made it into my top 4 TGA shows ever! I will post my videos and pictures of the dates I went to later this week for those who are interested Smile

Last edited by enola on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
sinkorswimmydear
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 am

hey, been a lurker for a long time now in this forum...thanks.

i was at both Cologne shows, i think there was a huge difference between the two concerts. As you said, on thursday they played longer and Brian talked a lot with the crowd, on Friday there wasn't any interaction. I stand in front, nearly the same place at both shows. So it's possible to compare. I have to add that the crowd on Friday was shit, they talked, weren't so interested, it was a weekend crowd, i felt like it was a big event for them, telling everyone that they saw the gaslight anthem, this new cool band... And in my opinion the venue is great, i love the E-Werk ! But although i didn't like the second show so much, it was nice to saw them changing the setlist.
I will see them tonight In Hamburg at a much bigger venue, not sold out, and maybe on a little intimate gig, so i'm excited how the band is on this day...
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 am

Agree with Enola VIenna a top 3 show for me along with Munich and Birmingham the best I have seen so far this tour.Looking forward now to Hamburg and Berlin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cologne show sucked ass big time   Cologne show sucked ass big time - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cologne show sucked ass big time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2