DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HopefortheDay interview

Go down 
+12
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Debonair
JimmyB
rdghst
LuceroDiehard
TGAFAN25
njguy99
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
Holland
Shrewsbury_Stars
xxxje
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

HopefortheDay interview  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 am

Thank you Bobby and Andrew Very Happy

It's very touching how open the guys talk about the issues they had/have in life. I assume it takes a lot of guts to do so.

Personally I can relate to what Alex R. was saying with "other people sometimes can't help. Music always does". Although I'm only referring to these normal ups and downs everyone has in life. Music always helped me to go through the downs and to celebrate the ups. But I can't even begin to understand what Alex must be going through. It must be very tough and I am very glad that they all found music to help them.

I also hope this interview makes people understand that there is so much more to their personalities than what we see on stage or for 5 mins outside of the venue. And that sometimes all they need is a little bit of privacy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:13 am

enola wrote:

I also hope this interview makes people understand that there is so much more to their personalities than what we see on stage or for 5 mins outside of the venue. And that sometimes all they need is a little bit of privacy.

Well said. I think most of us try to be aware and recognize we don't know that much about them but everyone makes judgements or draws conclusions, it's human nature. So sometimes it's good to see something like this to remind us that we REALLY don't know the half of it.

I gotta say though, these guys are one of the most open bands I've seen, as far as personal stuff goes and I really respect that. Things they've shared, at times, have helped me even more than the music. I hope they don't ever stop being that way.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I can get what Alex is saying about only music being able to pick you up sometimes. I share that as well. There are so many times I feel completely terrible, and either playing my originals or listening to my musical inspiration's CDs will at least get me neutral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HopefortheDay interview     HopefortheDay interview  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HopefortheDay interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2