DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)

Go down 
+10
matkins
Jack
DeathoftheCool
StitchesOnTheRadio
Vibes
Holland
eagles1139
BuddyHolly
TGAFAN25
steady now steady now
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Empty
PostSubject: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:34 pm

I don't think that this has been posted yet:

http://www.area93.com/pages/garage.html?feed=106313&article=10445533
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm

This is great. Definitely my favorite acoustic of handwritten, and nice to hear Howl slowed down too!
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Terrible interview though... The last one is getting better but the first three interviews are really bad. Is it me or is Brian getting annoyed during those interviews?
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Brian clearly thinks this interviewer is a dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes the whole Jersey/Bruce thing is just so tired now.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 am

Can someone make an audio rip of this please (minus the dumb noise at the beginning and end of each track that 93.3 adds)?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:30 am

I was cracking up throughout this interview. Everything the guy asked Brian was like "I don't know" I have no idea" or "no". And it's not like he was being a dick, the questions were definitely uninformed as per usual. I think it's funny that he realizes too that Benny is like ideal person for these interviews. I think if they sent Benny in more often too, there'd be less of the Bruce question maybe because interviewers associate Brian with Bruce more so.

We should compile like the ultimate informed fan interview. Like spend some real time on it, figure out what we all really want to know. get some solid questions. and see if they'll answer them.

Also, really nice version of Handwritten. The beginning of Howl sounds like 45. I never noticed that before hearing it played acoustically.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I was cracking up throughout this interview. Everything the guy asked Brian was like "I don't know" I have no idea" or "no". And it's not like he was being a dick, the questions were definitely uninformed as per usual. I think it's funny that he realizes too that Benny is like ideal person for these interviews. I think if they sent Benny in more often too, there'd be less of the Bruce question maybe because interviewers associate Brian with Bruce more so.

We should compile like the ultimate informed fan interview. Like spend some real time on it, figure out what we all really want to know. get some solid questions. and see if they'll answer them.

Also, really nice version of Handwritten. The beginning of Howl sounds like 45. I never noticed that before hearing it played acoustically.

I agree Handwritten sounds much cooler than it did the other time I heard it acoustic. I think Brian might be getting a little overly defensive, whatever it is his attitude has definitely changed over the years. Oh well, I was still entertained farao
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:31 am

DeathoftheCool wrote:

I agree Handwritten sounds much cooler than it did the other time I heard it acoustic. I think Brian might be getting a little overly defensive, whatever it is his attitude has definitely changed over the years. Oh well, I was still entertained farao

I find his attitude f*ckin awesome because he's honest and a bit of a smart ass and I relate to that. and I'm sorry but what kind of journalist are you that you know a question has been used for 3 years and the band is sick of it, the fans are sick of it, and you ask it anyway? I think he was totally justified in his attitude. He didn't freak out on the guy but yeah he hinted that he wasn't happy about it.

Ass for the "Brian's changed" thing; everyone changes, and besides we have very little concept of who he was or who he is now unless anyone here knows him personally.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am

Well, he was clearly playing dumb to get off the Jersey stuff. He's fully aware of what the Jersey Shore Sound is and I'm pretty sure he's talked about it in other interviews. No, I'm definitely sure. He's mentioned Southside Johnny, Gary U.S. Bonds, talking about the swing to it and "white boys hopped up on soul music". He just doesn't like being compared to non-Eddie Vedder people nowadays.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:30 am

Please forgive me if I'm not posting this link correctly, but I think Brian's tweet from Wednesday is awesome. Pretty much sums up the interviews lately!

https://twitter.com/brianmfallon/status/250832350571790336
Brian Fallon ‏@brianmfallon
@Jadedpunkhulk Tell people they can save time on interviews... Just copy this BLAH BLAH New Jersey BLAH Springsteen BLAH BLAH.

Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 pm

This interviewer seems kind of like a tool. He means well, but he hasn't done his homework on the band.... I wish he would've because he just doesn't come across well...

BTW can totally confirm that Art Alexakis from Everclear is a completel douchebag... Met him last spring and he was telling me abotu how he was a "true poet", etc. It was gross.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:31 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
Well, he was clearly playing dumb to get off the Jersey stuff. He's fully aware of what the Jersey Shore Sound is and I'm pretty sure he's talked about it in other interviews. No, I'm definitely sure. He's mentioned Southside Johnny, Gary U.S. Bonds, talking about the swing to it and "white boys hopped up on soul music". He just doesn't like being compared to non-Eddie Vedder people nowadays.

You're right he has said that so he might be playing dumb (or definitely is to some extent). I think it's more he just doesn't want to be pigeon-holed. He's trying to get away from what people have been labeling him/the band as. There's nothing wrong with that. Another possibility that would make sense is, he could have thought about this "jersey shore sound" and said "well I guess it'd have to be..." and then went with what he originally said about it, like he was trying to understand what people meant. But now he's like "I don't know, it's kind of bullshit anyways. how does a state have a sound?".

@matkins I loved that tweet. I actually responded to it and unexpectedly got a re-tweet out of it Very Happy . He's so right though that really is the formula to all these interviews.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 pm

i just, dont like this interview. ... at all.

great songs though!

(hi all!)
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

"Brian FALLEN?!?!"

seriously?
Back to top Go down
matkins
A Contender
A Contender
matkins

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:

You're right he has said that so he might be playing dumb (or definitely is to some extent). I think it's more he just doesn't want to be pigeon-holed. He's trying to get away from what people have been labeling him/the band as. There's nothing wrong with that. Another possibility that would make sense is, he could have thought about this "jersey shore sound" and said "well I guess it'd have to be..." and then went with what he originally said about it, like he was trying to understand what people meant. But now he's like "I don't know, it's kind of bullshit anyways. how does a state have a sound?".

@matkins I loved that tweet. I actually responded to it and unexpectedly got a re-tweet out of it Very Happy . He's so right though that really is the formula to all these interviews.

I thought that might have been you! Very cool. Benny responded to me the other day, and I was so ridiculously excited. My husband was laughing at me.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm

I couldn't watch the screen when he started talking Jersey and Springsteen. Criiiinge I thought the guitar on 45 sounded very bad too like he struggled to play it or something.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 pm

matkins wrote:
I thought that might have been you! Very cool. Benny responded to me the other day, and I was so ridiculously excited. My husband was laughing at me.

Haha yeah I had a few people look at me like I was crazy because I was excited.

JJW319 wrote:
"Brian FALLEN?!?!"

seriously?

When the interview said that I was thinking "is he trying to piss Brian off?" I mean that's like pronouncing "Smith" wrong. And I don't care if you're interviewing Brian Fallon or Bon Iver, find out how to pronounce the persons name before you interview them! That's like journalism 101.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Yeah the whole getting his name thing wrong also made me facepalm. Brian was being a bit of a jerk but at least this time I could understand his frustration. It was one of the most awkward moments ever!
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Simple question, if you were a DJ of a radio station and had to worry about having decent ratings, what would you honestly ask him that would make the average person care enough to continue listening? Seriously the Springsteen and now Eddie Vedder performances are probably the only two topics that the average person would care enough about to continue listening. It may be annoying to Brian but honestly I don't think TGA gets where they are now without Bruce's "endorsement" during the 59 sound. The average listener probably isn't on DSS reading and watching every interview he gives so it's probably the first time they're hearing that question.

"You know, the Jersey Shore sound, it sounds like a party. It's definitely like an excited thing because kids are coming from that kind of area. It's like you've got to lay it on the table that it's a weird time, things are rough and there's a lot of uncertainty, but at the same time we're gonna still have this kind of party. I think there are a lot of horns going on in the Jersey Shore sound; a lot of that soul music just crept down in there.

"And you can see it, like you see Southside Johnny and (Bruce) Springsteen and any of those guys that come from down there and you feel that jubilee in the sense of they're telling you this really hard luck story, but there's still a sense of excitement and wonder. ... You get your ear a little closer to the street when you live down there, so you get a little bit more of that sound in there, and I think that that really helps. Even like the Bouncing Souls, they're not really like a rock 'n' roll band, they're more of a punk band, but you can hear that sound in them, and you definitely hear that in Lifetime and all those guys."--Brian Falllon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 am

rubberducky wrote:
Simple question, if you were a DJ of a radio station and had to worry about having decent ratings, what would you honestly ask him that would make the average person care enough to continue listening? Seriously the Springsteen and now Eddie Vedder performances are probably the only two topics that the average person would care enough about to continue listening. It may be annoying to Brian but honestly I don't think TGA gets where they are now without Bruce's "endorsement" during the 59 sound. The average listener probably isn't on DSS reading and watching every interview he gives so it's probably the first time they're hearing that question.

Exactly! Bruce is one of those reasons they propably are in this state that they are now. Dave Grohl was the first 5 years just that "Nirvanaguy. Grunge bands have to know what grunge means. Gallaghers just fight and "wheres your brother?" Basic things. But those things end someday or get asked lesser. Its only been 3 years and there isnt kinda else happened to this band exept of course in our (fans) viewpoint...but the so called "mainstream" audience propably knows them for that, if all. The guy didnt based his interview on those two questions. Just asked them and moved on. IMO it was pretty normal interview. Brian is kinda on-off guy (just like in stage) on these interviews, so sometimes there is something to tell and sometimes not.

EDIT: lets just wait when they play lets say a soldout Wembley Arena show or something. Then its 3 years just that if they dont do something else as big or interesting and I guess you won't happy even then... Rolling Eyes
But um, of course journalist can Be lazy and all that, but I didnt anything that horrible on this interview
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:00 am

Sami wrote:
rubberducky wrote:

Exactly! Bruce is one of those reasons they propably are in this state that they are now. Dave Grohl was the first 5 years just that "Nirvanaguy. Grunge bands have to know what grunge means. Gallaghers just fight and "wheres your brother?" Basic things. But those things end someday or get asked lesser. Its only been 3 years and there isnt kinda else happened to this band exept of course in our (fans) viewpoint...but the so called "mainstream" audience propably knows them for that, if all. The guy didnt based his interview on those two questions. Just asked them and moved on. IMO it was pretty normal interview. Brian is kinda on-off guy (just like in stage) on these interviews, so sometimes there is something to tell and sometimes not.

EDIT: lets just wait when they play lets say a soldout Wembley Arena show or something. Then its 3 years just that if they dont do something else as big or interesting and I guess you won't happy even then... Rolling Eyes
But um, of course journalist can Be lazy and all that, but I didnt anything that horrible on this interview

I still think it is lazy journalism, if you dig a bit deeper you can find interesting things to talk about. The best interviewers are ones that can have a normal chat and then guide it into something interesting about the band. if you had any knowledge or passion for music you wouldn't ask somebody if you were part of the Jersey shore sound. You can look at ratings in another way, if fans have specifically tuned in to listen to this interview will they stay if I ask the same old tired questions? And will the artist come back if I annoy them with stupid questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 am

Vibes wrote:
Can someone make an audio rip of this please (minus the dumb noise at the beginning and end of each track that 93.3 adds)?

this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:54 am

Damn phone internet. So this is kinda continue to what Holland said:
Okay the Jersey shore is pretty weird. Where the fuck did that come? But I was particarly talking about the Bruce thing. And for that interviewer I would assume that TGA is pretty new to him and he's just took some information of the band and of course he could come up more interesting questions, but then again this just basic promotion for the public. You know if he does that everyday and have some kinda life(family etc.) beside looking for something really special for each band to ask, you cant always win. Maybe next time he do a bit of research better, because I guess both had a decent conversation and would do it again. Not the one you would put on DVD but it wasnt supposed to do that in the first place. You dont make those interviews for fans or I think that guy wouldnt even know how to do that because he isnt one, but maybe just a guy that his boss said "You're going to interview this and this band".(no clue about that, just guessing). Then he listened and I think he listened and honestly liked Brian, but just dont know that Brians dog is like he is from Germany and dont fear thunder anymore. Maybe I should listen the interview again, to me it was normal TGA interview, for the most of it.
I guess it just another interview for both of those guys. Another day in the office, but the one you can walk away like you've done something to get your career a bit further(at least for Brian). That guy learnt something about the band, heard four great songs and get introduce the band to people listening. Brian get to play and spread some word about his band and is a bit closer to a world domination ( Very Happy )and then he can
go rest and prepare for next(which is propably more important and the real highlight of the day than some random interview).

Maybe Im just bored and old, but thats the way I see it. I of course wouldn let him of the studio before he had play all the songs I want, random covers selected by me, answered all the questions about his dog, personal life, admitted that he was so wrong when he said The Replacements arent that good, promise me backstage to all their concerts, put my name on the record sleeve before Jesus, call Dave Hause and get drunk with us. That would Be the show you would listen...or call the police to my station....
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 am

I thought it was also awesome of Brian to say how it's everyone collectively and "I'm not the man. There's 5 people in the band."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)   Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Channel 93.3 Garage Sessions (acoustic incl. interviews)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next