DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

terminal nyc 3 nights

Go down 
+48
rightturnfred
jdc
DiamondSinatra
ral
simo
Hanswurst
somewhere in jersey
eagles1139
brucesboots
dustinpardue
bt211
fatbench
matkins
Jack
moosicmaniac
DaleCooper
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
cephcarn4
Breanne
Jules
xstevenbx
cmigs
NYYFAN523
cruzila
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
dmcraig
collectivemike
njguy99
turnitin2004
The Angry Johnny Revue
No Retreat
SevenThreeTwo
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
azlisa
RickySpanish
kevin_slack
Shrewsbury_Stars
prettyontheinsidex
El Jefe
StitchesOnTheRadio
big blue
EveryLittleSecret
Keeb631
Gaslight23
thebends
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 pm

I hope to be in line by 630ish...if all goes as planned...
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm

I didn't even have a patdown. I opened my purse, got a quick glance from security through it and that was it.

T5 is a sucky place for concerts. I do remember at least one time that they did the double line thing except I benefited from it.

I think the crowd was tame compared to Philly on Tuesday for sure. Last night there was one incident. But overall I didn't get shoved nearly as much as I'm used to at shows. Philly had constant crowdsurfing to the point Brian asked them to stop because the front row was just getting nailed in the head all the time. When the crowdsurfers would get to the barricade, a lot of them were unusually stubborn about leaving the security pit and security was having NONE of it. They would literally pick guys up and move them out. It was pretty rough.

I'm used to much crazier crowd behavior for other bands I go see, so maybe I'm just not phased by the one incident last night.

If you want front row closer to the center, get there by 6 the latest. If you want kinda-front row, you're fine to get there by 7.

That first balcony really is like gold because the opposite first balcony is completely VIP which is highly annoying. Those people don't even really show up until just before Gaslight comes on.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

big blue wrote:
Turnitin, where did you wind up inside with a 6:30 arrival time? How far back were you?

I was 3rd row back, but when I got in i went right to the bathroom so I didnt have to leave the rest of the show. I probably could have got front row if I tried, but I'm 6'4 and people get really pissy when I'm in front of them.

yesterday I was 3rd row, and I had 2 short girls behind me, and 1 of them said loudly "does he really need to be standing that close, he's a giant."

I'm sure she would have been pleased if she was 3rd row and I was 4th row, but since she was behind me that meant I was too close.

Just cause I'm tall doesnt mean I should never get to be upclose to see a favorite band of mine...especially when I purposely didn't take the front row as I know I am so tall. Get there earlier than me, and I'm more than okay with you being in front of me. But don't complain if I get to a show earlier than you and am standing infront of you. Especially if you are one of those people that just push your way to the front of the venue. I have no problem grabbing you and throwing you right back behind me.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 pm

njguy99 wrote:
How many times do we have to tell you Shelby - you're too small to stand up front! Laughing

Hahaha but that's exactly why I have to be up front.

turnitin2004 wrote:
Just cause I'm tall doesnt mean I should never get to be upclose to see a favorite band of mine...especially when I purposely didn't take the front row as I know I am so tall. Get there earlier than me, and I'm more than okay with you being in front of me. But don't complain if I get to a show earlier than you and am standing infront of you. Especially if you are one of those people that just push your way to the front of the venue. I have no problem grabbing you and throwing you right back behind me.

As a short person I want to say thank you for being nice and not making an extra effort to be right in front! But you are right you are perfectly entitled to stand wherever you want if you get there before someone else. This is why I get to shows at 1 in the afternoon, so that I beat you there Very Happy

Also, I agree with the whole "why do 15-20 people have to ruin it for the rest". I've been lucky enough to avoid the actual mosh pits but I don't like it when you get pushed forward to the point where the first row is crushed and then people push harder.

I don't like that whether or not I remember a TGA show as a good show or a meh show depends like 90% on the crowd.

Have fun tonight for those of you who are going!
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Here's hoping the crowd has more energy tonight! Minus the one scuffle the crowd blew last night
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 pm

You guys are in for a treat with the second opening band if it's the same as last night
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 pm

More energy than yesterday? Where the heck were you standing? There was plenty of energy.

I think it's a different second band tonight. I think only Matt repeats during the 3 days.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Cheap Girls are opening....
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 pm

My buddy isn't getting here intil 900. I'm up at the third floor bar wearing a Jameson t-shirt if anyone feels like drinkin'.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 pm

does anyone know if there's a way to watch the performance online or is it only on the channel? cuz i don't get that channel Sad
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
does anyone know if there's a way to watch the performance online or is it only on the channel? cuz i don't get that channel Sad

http://www.axs.tv/blogs/the-gaslight-anthem-live-in-new-york-live-on-axs-tv/
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 pm

azlisa wrote:

I thought they were gonna air it there but I'm not convinced anymore. I think it's just gonna stay an ad for watching it on TV. After all they were supposed to do some sort of "behind the scenes" thing at 5 and it hasn't changed. Idk maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for trying!
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 pm

azlisa wrote:

I thought they were gonna air it there but I'm not convinced anymore. I think it's just gonna stay an ad for watching it on TV. After all they were supposed to do some sort of "behind the scenes" thing at 5 and it hasn't changed. Idk maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for trying!

hmm well it says 930pmET which would be 730 where i am, so i've got 30 more mins to wait and see if it works! i hope it does High Five
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:03 pm

azlisa wrote:
azlisa wrote:

hmm well it says 930pmET which would be 730 where i am, so i've got 30 more mins to wait and see if it works! i hope it does High Five

I hope so too! yeah i have another half hour too. They mentioned in like an article or something about the behind the scenes thing at 5 pacific time. so an hour ago. I hope the actual concert airs. It'd be so lame if not. My parents have comcast, I have Time Warner and neither provider carries the station. I'm stealing a hashtag someone else used before #firstworldgaslightproblems
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 pm

yup they just said no online stream. this blows.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Nice. Started with Mae and right into Old White Lincoln. Got the DVR going.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 pm

redheadchick wrote:
Nice. Started with Mae and right into Old White Lincoln. Got the DVR going.

what cable provider do you have?
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Comcast. I Live in MN.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 pm

redheadchick wrote:
Comcast. I Live in MN.

what channel's it on? i have that but my parents couldn't find it
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 pm

so we can't watch this online?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 am

Apparently I don't get that channel. Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

I'm recording it. Don't know how to upload but maybe I can figure it out and share it.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 am

Brian confirmed the show is being filmed for a DVD, sweet!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 am

Oh good. Thanks for that information! And thanks for offering to try and share it off your DVR. I'm still trying to figure out if that's even possible haha. Looks like we won't have to worry about it though if there will be a DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terminal nyc 3 nights
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next