DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

terminal nyc 3 nights

Go down 
+48
rightturnfred
jdc
DiamondSinatra
ral
simo
Hanswurst
somewhere in jersey
eagles1139
brucesboots
dustinpardue
bt211
fatbench
matkins
Jack
moosicmaniac
DaleCooper
Debonair
LuceroDiehard
cephcarn4
Breanne
Jules
xstevenbx
cmigs
NYYFAN523
cruzila
DeathoftheCool
redheadchick
dmcraig
collectivemike
njguy99
turnitin2004
The Angry Johnny Revue
No Retreat
SevenThreeTwo
Jerseyrain
NeverTrustAJunkie
azlisa
RickySpanish
kevin_slack
Shrewsbury_Stars
prettyontheinsidex
El Jefe
StitchesOnTheRadio
big blue
EveryLittleSecret
Keeb631
Gaslight23
thebends
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:07 am

redheadchick wrote:
I'm recording it. Don't know how to upload but maybe I can figure it out and share it.

If this is coming out on a DVD then no rips will be allowed to be posted.
Back to top Go down
redheadchick
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

Got it, won't post it.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:40 am

Debonair wrote:
redheadchick wrote:
I'm recording it. Don't know how to upload but maybe I can figure it out and share it.

If this is coming out on a DVD then no rips will be allowed to be posted.
That's silly.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 am

Just me or was that a very similar play list to last night?
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 am

How many shows do I have to go to before I hear High Lonsome or Bring It On? Cause I'm at 7 or 8 now.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 am

Sorry for my triple post. By my count 17 of the 24 songs were the same. Not terrible but they have a big enough catalog now they can mix it up a bit. Glad they finally bumped up the shows from 1:30 sometimes to a consistent 2 hours though. Thought they sounded great tonight. They haven't had an off night in awhile.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 am

Added songs from last night:
Old White Lincoln
Handwritten
Halloween
Wherefor Art Thou Elvis
Wooderson
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 am

Thought they could have mixed it up a lot more, but it was still an excellent show.
Back to top Go down
turnitin2004
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 am

You sure they played boomboxes? I don't remember it or see it on the setlist.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am

Wait, what was the Sink or Swim song in the encore? It's been a long day and my brain is hazy.

Edit: Nevermind, it was Howl. I am really off tonight.
Back to top Go down
DaleCooper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DaleCooper

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 am

Maybe it was because I was standing really far back, but this was one of the most irritating shows I've ever been to in terms of crowd disinterest and disrespectfulness.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathanhawkins.net
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:17 am

If we want to get technical about posting a rip here, here's an argument for why it may be okay (of course pending mod approval):

This summer, O.A.R. did a life AXS broadcast that was also released as a live DVD a couple weeks ago. The DVD was remixed completely, both the video and the audio. Remember the production for the broadcast was done on the fly. Later, they go into post-production and choose the best shots very carefully for the release while they have plenty of time to do so. Same goes for the audio. The levels sound much better on the DVD as opposed to the broadcast.

So, it could be argued that the product that aired on television is not the same thing that will be released on DVD in many ways.

Of course, if the mods say no, then that should be followed.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:23 am

In addition - I'm presuming the DVD will cull from all 3 nights. That's why they wore the same clothes as last night as well.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 am

DaleCooper wrote:
Maybe it was because I was standing really far back, but this was one of the most irritating shows I've ever been to in terms of crowd disinterest and disrespectfulness.
its such a shame that going to shows has to be ruined by other people
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:31 am

turnitin2004 wrote:
Sorry for my triple post. By my count 17 of the 24 songs were the same. Not terrible but they have a big enough catalog now they can mix it up a bit. Glad they finally bumped up the shows from 1:30 sometimes to a consistent 2 hours though. Thought they sounded great tonight. They haven't had an off night in awhile.

I count 19.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:52 am

cmigs wrote:
In addition - I'm presuming the DVD will cull from all 3 nights. That's why they wore the same clothes as last night as well.

They often wear the same clothes multiple days in a row haha. Well at least Brian and Alex R. BUT that is a good point, and I have a feeling if Brian's been doing any talking most of that will probably be edited too.

Mods, maybe it could be like we wait for the DVD to come out and see how it compares? Like whether it's significantly different or not? That's if a rip could even be made off a DVR anyway. Just a thought!
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 am

I mean, they all wore the EXACT same outfits. They're not always creative dressers, but I do think this was on purpose.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 am

cmigs wrote:
I mean, they all wore the EXACT same outfits. They're not always creative dressers, but I do think this was on purpose.

I'd say just that Alex L. wore the same thing would be a dead giveaway. He tends to be most likely to change it up. So yeah I'd bet you're right. SO glad they're finally doing a DVD. Brian should stage dive at tomorrow nights show. That'd be a cool thing to have recorded.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:07 am

In my opinion, Night 1 was a better crowd. Funny moment for me- 4 drunk guys danced by me on my way to the bar singing the chorus to HCMM. Just funny to see guys singing that line. Aside from Brian obviously.

Not so funny moment- when Matthew and Brian were singing and the drunk girl behind me was yelling in my ear to the security guy trying to pick her up about how she was going to beat people up. OK.

After I took my photos I got dumped out at the back of the crowd so I had to watch from the bar. It was an interesting experience watching from that far away.

I don't see why there's a fuss about not allowing a rip of the DVD. Seems to fit in with the other rules about not posting that kind of thing around here. And also where did they say they were releasing this as a DVD (?)

Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:11 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I don't see why there's a fuss about not allowing a rip of the DVD. Seems to fit in with the other rules about not posting that kind of thing around here. And also where did they say they were releasing this as a DVD (?)

I don't see a fuss, I just suggested a way that it could be legal to post a rip. As I said, if the mods say no, then I would have no complaints, I was just proposing an argument.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:17 am

"Fuss" "questioning" "argument" whatever is the least offensive word ... choose that. That's what I meant.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:24 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
"Fuss" "questioning" "argument" whatever is the least offensive word ... choose that. That's what I meant.

alright, just wanted to be clear that I didn't mean any disrespect to the board, the mods or the band
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:39 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
And also where did they say they were releasing this as a DVD (?)

Answer:

redheadchick wrote:
Brian confirmed the show is being filmed for a DVD, sweet!

I wasn't watching though so I can't really serve as a witness to that.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 am

Ah ok- totally missed that!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

Lets hope if theyre doing a compilation of the three nights that Halloween makes it on, and that any drunken idiots shouting things get cut the hell out of there!!!! I still think recording one whole show is better than a compilation though...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: terminal nyc 3 nights   terminal nyc 3 nights - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

terminal nyc 3 nights
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next