DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...

Go down 
+9
drifter69
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
Jack
Grant Michael
bakerfall
CluckyB
simo
TheContender
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:25 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
superficial

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 You_keep_using_that_word_large

Plus I have an itch you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Do you really want to go there, dude? I've posted my music here time and time again, and not to sound like an ass but it's not some talentless kid whispering off-key over an out-of-tune acoustic guitar. I know what I'm talking about. As does JlBlue. Just listen to what I'm saying.

Yeah I redacted that part as you'll see above, sorry. But I'm saying it's beyond the chords, I say they sound identical in the beginning, you don't. That's it.
To say they sound identical is ridiculous, though. The tempo is pretty much the same and so is the rhythmical pattern of the guitar...but that's it.

I agree that the general musical approach of the song must have influenced the writing of Keepsake, but come on, from a theoretical standpoint they're not all that similar.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Listen to Harbortown. He wrote Harbortown, for Pete's sake.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 pm

JackStreetcar wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Someone is always trying to start shit on the forums.

I do hope you're not referring to me. I'm only trying to impart knowledge. I can't control it if a couple of uninformed posters respond with sarcastic, patronizing comments.

No way bro, I love you man!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheContender
A Contender
A Contender
TheContender

PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Harbortown wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
chaingangchorus wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
superficial

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 You_keep_using_that_word_large

Plus I have an itch you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Do you really want to go there, dude? I've posted my music here time and time again, and not to sound like an ass but it's not some talentless kid whispering off-key over an out-of-tune acoustic guitar. I know what I'm talking about. As does JlBlue. Just listen to what I'm saying.

Yeah I redacted that part as you'll see above, sorry. But I'm saying it's beyond the chords, I say they sound identical in the beginning, you don't. That's it.
To say they sound identical is ridiculous, though. The tempo is pretty much the same and so is the rhythmical pattern of the guitar...but that's it.

I agree that the general musical approach of the song must have influenced the writing of Keepsake, but come on, from a theoretical standpoint they're not all that similar.

I can go with this. It's not identical at all, but I guess my idea of "superficial" and Jack's may be different. Rhythmical pattern and tempo portray a lot of a song to me, so I find that to be quite concrete. Again, may just be definitions we are debating here...but I agree with you Harbortown.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
JackStreetcar wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Someone is always trying to start shit on the forums.

I do hope you're not referring to me. I'm only trying to impart knowledge. I can't control it if a couple of uninformed posters respond with sarcastic, patronizing comments.

No way bro, I love you man!!!!

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 I-love-you-man-movie-poster-1020455033
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...   "Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Keepsake" sounds like "Smile" by Pearl Jam...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2