DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Empty
PostSubject: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:27 pm

I think I've seen this a few times in passing for various albums, but I'm not sure if someone ever made a thread about it. Anyways, after listening to Handwritten a good twenty times or so, I find it to be the first album where I would want to rearrange the tracks for my own preferences. I was curious to see what you guys would arrange the tracks as - not just for Handwritten, but for the rest of their albums, and Elsie if you actually feel strongly enough about the arrangement it already has. Bonus tracks should be included if you feel like they complete the album more, but by no means do they have to be included if you feel otherwise.

So I'll just put my preference for Handwritten as a starter:

1. Handwritten
2. 45
3. Keepsake
4. Howl
5. Here Comes My Man
6. Mullholland Drive
7. Too Much Blood
8. Biloxi Parish
9. Blue Dahlia
10. National Anthem
11. Desire
12. Mae
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I was talking to Benny after the Webster Hall show, and he told me an interesting story about the track listing of Handwritten.
Originally, they wanted to have Mae as the opening track, but Brendan O'Brien convinced them that the best 3 songs on any record were the first 3. Benny and him actually argued about that for a bit, til he realized that Brendan was right.
I guess that's why they decided to open with it at Webster.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm

I think the way the album is set up is actually pretty good. Ima have to sit back and think about how I would rearrange it.

Last edited by saltandburn1967 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snakester
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
I was talking to Benny after the Webster Hall show, and he told me an interesting story about the track listing of Handwritten.
Originally, they wanted to have Mae as the opening track, but Brendan O'Brien convinced them that the best 3 songs on any record were the first 3. Benny and him actually argued about that for a bit, til he realized that Brendan was right.

I have to say that I think I have to agree. Not because of the first 3 songs being the best three, but because I don't think Mae would have the same impact starting the album off. It, with NA, are a great way to close out the album. I honestly probably would have chosen Mae as the closer though. It would have looked something like this.

1. Handwritten
2. 45
3. Here Comes My Man
4. Mullholland Drive
5. Keepsake
6. Too Much Blood
7. Howl
8. Blue Dahlia
9. Biloxi Parish
10. Desire
11. National Anthem
12. Mae
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:

If that's the case, why aren't the first three songs 45, Howl and Blue Dahlia?
Back to top Go down
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 pm

CluckyB wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

No clue, but the 3 singles (i believe) were 45, Handwritten, and Here Comes My Man...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 pm

yankeefan6493 wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
yankeefan6493 wrote:

No clue, but the 3 singles (i believe) were 45, Handwritten, and Here Comes My Man...

45 is the only single. And I was just making a joke based on what I think the three best songs on the album are...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?   How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Would You Arrange Gaslight Album Tracks?
Page 1 of 1