DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letterman ticket scalping

Go down 
+11
SirBrad
bakerfall
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
Kosburn59
steady now steady now
YouCanCallMeSally
Debonair
njguy99
Klown
Shrewsbury_Stars
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Letterman ticket scalping Empty
PostSubject: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm

So someone is trying to scalp a ticket for the Letterman performance on E-bay for $150.

I was thinking that maybe one of the admins can alert someone at the 45 RPM Club about this. If this guy/gal is a member, his/her membership should be immediately revoked. The seller's name is "beng613" and they live in Passaic, NJ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gaslight-Anthem-on-Live-on-Letterman-Ticket-6-27-Wed-Ed-Sullivan-Theater-NY-9pm-/110904511090?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item19d26c8a72
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Sadly, this will only keep happening when people keep posting the information all over the place.

I mentioned in another thread, about maybe starting and pinning a thread, where we can highlight illegal auctions to get them shut down. A few boards have them, and it works well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Maybe sending a note to the infinitemerch folks? It seems they're handling the back-end of the club for now. They'll know who to tell...

ps: Why would someone think it's OK to scalp this ticket?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:23 pm

I mentioned this information sharing over in the 45 thread. So check out that for a more detailed response. I really think we need to watch what we post from the emails.

As for getting this shut down steady now and vibes are your best options to contact someone official.
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Wow that is ridiculous and certainly worth a punch in the face...
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 pm

njguy99 wrote:
Maybe sending a note to the infinitemerch folks? It seems they're handling the back-end of the club for now. They'll know who to tell...

Sadly, it's easy money, isn't it? Pays for your fanclub straight up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Ok. I'm trying to deal with it.

And yes, whether relevant to this particular issue or not, Admin says: it is best not to share privileged fan club information on an open forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 am

njguy99 wrote:

Letterman ticket scalping 44521110
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

Wow the scalper stuff isn't going to even wait till the first official show with the new fanclub. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:47 am

Keep the fan club stuff a secret guys c'mon
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:48 am

Jerseyrain wrote:

You needed to be a member to get tix to Letterman, even if it was posted to every thread on the internet, it wouldn't allow non-members to enter to get tix.

Bottom line, someone in the fan club is trying to make a buck. Sucks, but it didn't happen because someone posted stuff anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am

Unreal. Yeah definitely should lose membership rights if they can be tracked down. No doubt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 am

SirBrad wrote:
Unreal. Yeah definitely should lose membership rights if they can be tracked down. No doubt.

Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 am

SirBrad wrote:

The 45 RPM Club has been made aware of this and is dealing with the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:38 am

Thank you Alexander! Clap
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm

bakerfall wrote:
Jerseyrain wrote:

You needed to be a member to get tix to Letterman, even if it was posted to every thread on the internet, it wouldn't allow non-members to enter to get tix.

Bottom line, someone in the fan club is trying to make a buck. Sucks, but it didn't happen because someone posted stuff anywhere else.

EXCEPT since any of us who are members can sign up a non-member as a guest it would totally allow non-members to get tickets. I'd imagine since they don't have the actual tickets yet, they are trying to sell a guest spot. In which case, they ask the person who buys it what their name is and they put them on the list.

So glad the club knows about it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jdc
A Contender
A Contender
jdc

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Hopefully, they figured out that if someone tried to submit multiple times, they may have been selling a spot and they lost their place. I know that I told a friend I couldn't add her when it turned out she didn't join up on day 1 (she was out of town and not near a computer) because I was concerned they'd remove or block my entry somehow.

If we see some sort of scalping going on, Shelby is just gonna knock 'em out anyway.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

This scalping business wouldn't work anyhow because it's strictly non-transferable and you must present an ID at the door. So whoever's name is on the ticket is the only one allowed to use that ticket. Sucks to suck!

Also in sadder news it's looking like I can't make it tonight Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 pm

jdc wrote:

If we see some sort of scalping going on, Shelby is just gonna knock 'em out anyway.

You know it Smile

They're get one of these Frying Pan only for real.

@Rob that sucks! I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

I just checked it and it seems that person is even selling 3 tickets! Whoever does that must also be very stupid. Because the chance of getting caught is pretty high.

But thank you Alexander, for dealing with it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
SirBrad
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Can't go but can get tickets and then meet you to let you in haha. Guess they didn't realize 9-10 on a Wednesday night was a bad time so must try to make $450 off this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bradmhouser
MetallicaTourCamper
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:57 am

First off I didn't go to the show. However my experience with Live on Lettermen going to Foo Fighters in 2011 CBS employees get first crack. Then they make a generic email address with gmail to do a raffle for the bands fan club or messageboard. Technically it could those 200 people in the TGA fan club or the 200-300 CBS employees or VIP's thru CBS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterman ticket scalping   Letterman ticket scalping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letterman ticket scalping
Page 1 of 1