DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!

Go down 
+9
thebends
J.B.R.
njguy99
Breanne
TGA30
Shrewsbury_Stars
Velocity
StitchesOnTheRadio
Zach_Edelman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Zach_Edelman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Zach_Edelman

When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Empty
PostSubject: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm sorry if this was discussed before, but I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything..
When do the tickets go on sale for this show?? Did I miss it already?

Is it just me, or have they not been clear about this stuff?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:38 pm

They go on sale on 6/9 not sure what site. I haven't looked into it that much but some source had it as 6/9 I forget where.

edit: I was wrong it's 6/8. Ignore this post.

Last edited by StitchesOnTheRadio on Tue May 22, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Velocity
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Velocity

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

They go on sale June 8th, according to Dave Hause's facebook page Smile
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:40 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17452107/24
Back to top Go down
TGA30
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TGA30

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:14 pm

was wondering this as well. definitely grabbing tickets for this one.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:09 pm

i THINK ticket fly is selling them, not positive though. I'd like to try for this show as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Velocity wrote:
They go on sale June 8th, according to Dave Hause's facebook page Smile

Good call! I saw it there too and for some reason I thought it was 6/9. glad you mentioned this.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am

Looks like it'll be June 1 instead of the 8th...

http://www.bowerypresents.com/event/125989
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:56 am

It'd be really great if every website could get on the same page with things like ticket sales and release dates. I feel like we can't trust that any date is accurate until the day comes and you have the ticket order confirmation or the album in your hands.
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:25 pm

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000048B70108E4FA?artistid=1282543&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

June 1st at noon.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:41 pm

i got mine today..awsome
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm

See ya there!
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 pm

ok. i've been biting my lip for a while about the ticketing for this tour, but it's about time to therapeutically sound off. sorry to rant, but this is absolute bullshit. i was on at noon, and no luck. i got tickets for green day's 21st century breakdown show at webster hall, and i can't get gaslight tickets?!?! after seeing that video that was posted about the second-party ticket sites and how they receive allotments from the promoters before tickets go on sale beforehand, i'm tempted to think that the record label is behind this in order for a sold out run of shows (someone mentioned earlier on the board that it certainly has a nice ring to it for them to say gaslight is going on a sold out club tour). all this talk about a fan club is moot if the fans who have been around since the early days can't even get tickets for the release show.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 pm

how people does this venue hold?
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:52 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
ok. i've been biting my lip for a while about the ticketing for this tour, but it's about time to therapeutically sound off. sorry to rant, but this is absolute bullshit. i was on at noon, and no luck. i got tickets for green day's 21st century breakdown show at webster hall, and i can't get gaslight tickets?!?! after seeing that video that was posted about the second-party ticket sites and how they receive allotments from the promoters before tickets go on sale beforehand, i'm tempted to think that the record label is behind this in order for a sold out run of shows (someone mentioned earlier on the board that it certainly has a nice ring to it for them to say gaslight is going on a sold out club tour). all this talk about a fan club is moot if the fans who have been around since the early days can't even get tickets for the release show.

I agree completely. I was one of the lucky ones able to pick up tickets at the Mercury Lounge box office, but it doesn't make sense for a show like this to sell out that quickly. 15-20 minutes, maybe, but within 2 or 3? No way.

Webster Hall holds upwards of 1500 people. It would not surprise me at all if the promoter withheld 25-40% of the tickets so they could sell out quickly, give some away as special contests, and put the rest up on StubHub. In fact, it's par for the course for any promoter doing a big show.

I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling I'm right...
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

also, didn't it take until the end of november for the convention hall show to sell out? to me, there is just no way in hell that gaslight got so much bigger since december to sell out webster hall in one minute without releasing a record. i just don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:50 pm

thebends wrote:
how people does this venue hold?

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:30 pm

I might have an extra for this show. If I do, I'll put it on here for face.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:12 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
also, didn't it take until the end of november for the convention hall show to sell out? to me, there is just no way in hell that gaslight got so much bigger since december to sell out webster hall in one minute without releasing a record. i just don't buy it.

Gaslight is no different from the other bands that are on a major record label. Tickets are obviously held back for promotions/giveaways as well as for the band to give to family and friends. So it's unlikely it was anywhere near 1500 tickets released today. And if it's anything like the Brooklyn show which "sold out", there probably will be a decent number of tickets at will call the day of the show. I'd guess the box office at the show had probably 20 or so tickets when i picked up my will call tickets.

Also you're comparing a show a in Asbury Park in December at a place that holds 3000+ to a show in July that holds 1500 and is in NYC. I don't think it has anything to do with them getting bigger, just simply they're playing a place once again that can't satisfy the demand. Away from NYC/NJ they can probably get away with the smaller venues still without screwing over tons of fans but here it makes no sense unless they're going to play 2 shows. I know Brian obviously doesn't want to screw fans over but i'm sure he realizes that by playing smaller places and having the gaslight anthem be a hard/expensive ticket to get that it helps in promoting them in a major market like NYC.
Back to top Go down
AlexNYC
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AlexNYC

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I was online today at 12 noon and was unable to land any tickets whatsoever. Not even one for myself. After 20 minutes I just gave up. I'm sure all the resale ticket agents are selling hundreds of them at the starting price of $100 each and up. Causing dedicated hardcore fans to become pissed-off is not a way to keep them buying the new releases and returning to live shows. I hope Brian and the band realize this. I was actually considering buying 4 just to resell 2 of them to real fans for face value on the day of the show, instead I don't even have one for myself. I've been going to concerts for almost 30 years, and in the last several years I've gone to only a scattered few because I hate paying 3-10 times the face value to a middle man that has no business being there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!   When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When do tickets go on sale for the Webster Hall show?!
Page 1 of 1