DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"

Go down 
+5
Jerseyrain
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Christophe
Steve70s
LuceroDiehard
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:09 am

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-gaslight-anthems-brian-fallon-i-wrote-45-in-five-minutes-542453

Band's singer/songwriter on their massive new single

Matthew Parker, Thu 3 May 2012, 11:32 am BST

"45", the first single from The Gaslight Anthem's new album, Handwritten (due 23 July), debuted earlier this week on Radio One and had the rare honour of being played three times.

Speaking to MusicRadar, frontman Brian Fallon said the track set the standard for the new album.

"That was the one. The one where we said – 'OK, we've got something here!'" said the singer. "I was in love with that song from the first moment. It came out in like five minutes. Then it was done. The lyrics just flew out."

Fans have already been comparing the single to the likes of prior hit Great Expectations (from The Gaslight Anthem's breakthrough record The '59 Sound) and Brian reckons they can look forward to a return the band's punkier roots.

"There's a few of those on the record – the song Howl is another one," said Fallon. "We'd been talking about how we wanted to go away and make this bluesy type of thing, but we never actually did!"

Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Gaslight-anthem-200-80
Brian and Alex catching up with J-Lo at the Mercury Records office in London (© Rob Laing)
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Steve70s
Wooderson
Wooderson
Steve70s

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:34 am

Surely he has time to write another Horrible Crowes record before Handwritten comes out then?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:43 am

Man that article has made me even more excited for Handwritten. Glad to see the harmonica will feature on the album Smile
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:44 am

Christophe wrote:
Man that article has made me even more excited for Handwritten. Glad to see the harmonica will feature on the album Smile

Oh hell yeah
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:16 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh hell yeah

I was excited to hear that too, and then he said it was their Neil Young song?! Man, this is going to be great!

And I can't wait to hear the "big stompy blues riff" in Too Much Blood. That sounds fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:18 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh hell yeah

I was excited to hear that too, and then he said it was their Neil Young song?! Man, this is going to be great!

And I can't wait to hear the "big stompy blues riff" in Too Much Blood. That sounds fantastic!

With every snippet of info that comes my excitement reaches new and dangerous levels! This is gonna be the best album EVER Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:22 am

Christophe wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh hell yeah

With every snippet of info that comes my excitement reaches new and dangerous levels! This is gonna be the best album EVER Smile

I think it might be too! I definitely have never even come close to being this excited about an album before. I don't think I can get any more excited, and then a new piece of information comes out and I just about lose my mind. 11.5 weeks to go!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 am

In depth interview in Total Guitar hey! Ill have to buy that
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

that pic should be the new cover of the album
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm

bobbyw24 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Oh hell yeah

I remember Brian saying in an interview with Allan Cross he wanted to write a song that is similar to Heart of Gold
This might be it!!

Also stoked to hear about a song with a bluesy stomp. I want to hear Brian roar like on Mary Ann and Go Tell Everybody
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Now he's just showing off Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

so too much blood = even the cowgirls get the blues? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"   Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon: "I wrote "45" in five minutes"
Page 1 of 1