DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please

Go down 
+6
jonnyz83
Bea
Klown
Pridevsprose
HorribleCrowe
steady now steady now
10 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Empty
PostSubject: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 am

ADMIN says:

'45', the new single, will premiere tonight on BBC radio.

Please do NOT post rips of the song on this forum, as it will shortly be available for purchase. Anyone posting a rip, offering a rip, or requesting a rip, will be banned for a loooong time at the very least.

If legitimiate sites are streaming the song online, however, feel free to post the link.

The same applies to 'Here Comes My Man', which was accidentally streaming on the TGA website today (June 23rd) .

Thanks.

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 am

Rolling Stone will be streaming the single if i'm not wrong!
Back to top Go down
Pridevsprose
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Pridevsprose

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

Why the ban on Rips im just curious? Especially for those of us who are in school during the time of the release its the only way for us to hear it
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

...and it will be available to stream from BBC R1 site as well.

The ban on rips is an obvious reason why, it's copyrighted material, and not worth getting in trouble over posting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am

Pridevsprose wrote:
Why the ban on Rips im just curious? Especially for those of us who are in school during the time of the release its the only way for us to hear it
you'll be able to listen to it on the Rolling Stone website once you get home
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:04 am

Totally agree with this. Want to make sure the band is still willing to do things w/ this site like Benny's interview. Posting a rip from a song that will be available for purchase in a week is just not cool.

And starting at 2:30 EDT today, the song will be streaming at RollingStone.com. So just listen to it there for hours to hold you over a week until you can purchase the mp3.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm

So just to be clear: the link for the Rolling Stone site: yes; a link to YouTube: no?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:20 pm

I'd guess that if it's not a band=promoted link to a place where you can listen to it then maybe keep it off the board (?)
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Mainly, I think, we are talking about links to downloads etc. But yeah there would be no reason to post a YouTube rip because rolling stones is streaming it.

Just try to stick to "official" releases, messing with copyright stuff isn't a good idea.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

This has probably already been said, but just for everyone's sake that doesn't want to know what the songs sound like, could we keep stuff about that in the appropriate threads...at least till the album comes out?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please   Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do NOT post rips of '45' & 'Here Comes My Man' please
Page 1 of 1