DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!

Go down 
+2
YouCanCallMeSally
TGAFAN25
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Rolling Stone has a thing going on right now where they're asking fans to write about their favorite concert.

So far I'm the only person who has written about the Gaslight Anthem, but if more of us write about our favorite moments, we can create a little buzz!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/favorite-concert
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm

hey, just read your report. sounds like the perfect night!! i can imagine you'll never forget that night Smile
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Thought I would share my favourite concert memory of Gaslight so far. It was on their American Slang tour in June 2010. I went to see them on June 22 at Birmingham O2 Academy and it was the best concert I have ever been to by a mile. The atmosphere was amazing and the crowd was really into it. It was the first show in England of this tour and I think the guys were pretty amazed at how enthusiastic the crowd was and how many people were there.

The one moment that stuck in my memory though was at the end of Miles Davis & The Cool. The crowd was singing all the way through the song but at the end where he sings 'down, down, down from our youth to the ground, down, down, down, down, down' Brian just stood back from the mic and let the crowd sing it a capella. It was a really special moment and the smile on Brian's face was just of pure joy. I can't imagine what that must feel like to have several thousand fans singing your lyrics back at you. It must give you goosebumps. It was an amazing gig and I just cannot wait to see them at Koko in June Smile

PS - I also discovered my now second favourite band Sharks that night as well Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Christophe, that sounds like such an amazing concert. And when Brian let the audience sing back to him like that, I got goosebumps just reading about it. I bet that will be unforgettable for everyone there that night. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:56 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Christophe, that sounds like such an amazing concert. And when Brian let the audience sing back to him like that, I got goosebumps just reading about it. I bet that will be unforgettable for everyone there that night. Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Thanks Shannon you're welcome Smile It really was unforgettable. Another song that really stands out was The Queen of Lower Chelsea. It sounded so good live and even more powerful than it is on American Slang. Also before the song Brian gave a little thank you speech to everyone for buying the album and coming to see them play. I can't wait to experience it again Smile
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 am

Here's my entry:

Never, in any of the concerts I've gone to, have I seen as enthusiastic of a crowd as the one I saw at the Gaslight show that year. I came with four close friends - all of whom I converted onto these guys - and with them, as well as three-hundred other people, we sang our hearts out to every verse Brian screamed into the mic. I felt so connected with all these strangers because of our love for Gaslight, because if you are a fan - YOU ARE A FAN. You know all the words, all the melodies; you dance like a madman, and you give your heart to them when they perform. There's nothing else like seeing them live.

I also brought a six-foot long sign saying "NO RETREAT, NO REGRETS", referencing one of my favorite songs "Meet Me By The River's Edge", and they loved it - about ten people in the crowd helped me hold it up, too, and they all laughed their asses off at the site, then when they played the song I looked directly into all the band members eyes, and they just shook their heads in humor - it was so wonderful.

Afterwards, I spoke with all of them and thanked them for coming to town, and I have rarely met such genuine people as Brian, Alex L., Alex R. and Benny. Benny (the drummer) especially liked talking, and he gave me really good insight on going into the recording industry, which I've been pursuing for many years now. Going to see them perform and talking with them always makes me feel like there's hope for those who truly love music, and spend all their time talking about it - they're truly inspiring as a group and as human beings; I love them so much for that. This concert was one of the best nights of my life, as well as the two other times I've seen them come to town. I am always going to support them; it's been wonderful watching them grow more and more over the years - they deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

Never, in any of the concerts I've gone to, have I seen as enthusiastic of a crowd as the one I saw at the Gaslight show that year. I came with four close friends - all of whom I converted onto these guys - and with them, as well as three-hundred other people, we sang our hearts out to every verse Brian screamed into the mic. I felt so connected with all these strangers because of our love for Gaslight, because if you are a fan - YOU ARE A FAN. You know all the words, all the melodies; you dance like a madman, and you give your heart to them when they perform. There's nothing else like seeing them live.

I also brought a six-foot long sign saying "NO RETREAT, NO REGRETS", referencing one of my favorite songs "Meet Me By The River's Edge", and they loved it - about ten people in the crowd helped me hold it up, too, and they all laughed their asses off at the site, then when they played the song I looked directly into all the band members eyes, and they just shook their heads in humor - it was so wonderful.

Afterwards, I spoke with all of them and thanked them for coming to town, and I have rarely met such genuine people as Brian, Alex L., Alex R. and Benny. Benny (the drummer) especially liked talking, and he gave me really good insight on going into the recording industry, which I've been pursuing for many years now. Going to see them perform and talking with them always makes me feel like there's hope for those who truly love music, and spend all their time talking about it - they're truly inspiring as a group and as human beings; I love them so much for that. This concert was one of the best nights of my life, as well as the two other times I've seen them come to town. I am always going to support them; it's been wonderful watching them grow more and more over the years - they deserve it.

Well said I couldn't agree more. It really is amazing at a Gaslight concert. I really want to meet the band (especially Brian) after I see them at Koko in June. I think I'm gonna need a few beers to work up the courage to speak to Brian though! He is such an inspiration for me and to meet him would be unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

That was beautifully written. Smile I didn't think it was possible, but I think I love them even more now after reading the kind words you had to say about them as a band and as individual people. They're the best. I love you
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:43 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

That was beautifully written. Smile I didn't think it was possible, but I think I love them even more now after reading the kind words you had to say about them as a band and as individual people. They're the best. I love you

Oh wow, thank you. I completely lose myself when I see them, it just feels wonderful. I go to the point of neurotic-ranting to convince people to listen to them. They've really meant a lot. I'm really happy you liked this, too. :3
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 am

Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

Well said I couldn't agree more. It really is amazing at a Gaslight concert. I really want to meet the band (especially Brian) after I see them at Koko in June. I think I'm gonna need a few beers to work up the courage to speak to Brian though! He is such an inspiration for me and to meet him would be unbelievable.

Brian is one of the most outgoing people you can ever meet, just let him do some talking because when he gets started HE GOES ON AND ON AND IT'S WONDERFUL. There's definitely no need to feel nervous when you do, he's such an honest person and he really does like talking to people, even if he gets on the bus from time to time. Me and Benny got on really well because he spent some time at SAE up in New York, and he really loves recording. He told me a lot about working with Ted and what it's like being a producer, trying to satisfy each member of the band yet at the same time trying to be up-front about what might be best. It was wonderful talking with him about it.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

Brian is one of the most outgoing people you can ever meet, just let him do some talking because when he gets started HE GOES ON AND ON AND IT'S WONDERFUL. There's definitely no need to feel nervous when you do, he's such an honest person and he really does like talking to people, even if he gets on the bus from time to time. Me and Benny got on really well because he spent some time at SAE up in New York, and he really loves recording. He told me a lot about working with Ted and what it's like being a producer, trying to satisfy each member of the band yet at the same time trying to be up-front about what might be best. It was wonderful talking with him about it.

Yeah they all seem really down-to-earth I just think I would freeze in front of Brian and not know what to ask him haha. Hopefully I will get chance to meet him though and hopefully I won't get tongue-tied and completely starstruck!
Back to top Go down
Kosburn59
Wooderson
Wooderson
Kosburn59

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 am

Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

Yeah they all seem really down-to-earth I just think I would freeze in front of Brian and not know what to ask him haha. Hopefully I will get chance to meet him though and hopefully I won't get tongue-tied and completely starstruck!

Hehe, well I was definitely that way when I met Regina Spektor a few years back - I have the biggest crush on that woman. I have hope in you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:58 am

Kosburn59 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Kosburn59 wrote:
Here's my entry:

Hehe, well I was definitely that way when I met Regina Spektor a few years back - I have the biggest crush on that woman. I have hope in you. ^_^

Haha thanks.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 am

great stories Smile hopefully we can get more and more posted!!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:47 am

Christophe wrote:
Thought I would share my favourite concert memory of Gaslight so far. It was on their American Slang tour in June 2010. I went to see them on June 22 at Birmingham O2 Academy and it was the best concert I have ever been to by a mile. The atmosphere was amazing and the crowd was really into it. It was the first show in England of this tour and I think the guys were pretty amazed at how enthusiastic the crowd was and how many people were there.

The one moment that stuck in my memory though was at the end of Miles Davis & The Cool. The crowd was singing all the way through the song but at the end where he sings 'down, down, down from our youth to the ground, down, down, down, down, down' Brian just stood back from the mic and let the crowd sing it a capella. It was a really special moment and the smile on Brian's face was just of pure joy. I can't imagine what that must feel like to have several thousand fans singing your lyrics back at you. It must give you goosebumps. It was an amazing gig and I just cannot wait to see them at Koko in June Smile

PS - I also discovered my now second favourite band Sharks that night as well Smile

That show was absolutely amazing. I think you summed it up perfectly with Miles Davis. Brian looked so incredibly amazed and it made my night.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:00 am

Camus wrote:
Christophe wrote:

That show was absolutely amazing. I think you summed it up perfectly with Miles Davis. Brian looked so incredibly amazed and it made my night.

Yeah it really was an incredible moment that I'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!   Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone, Your Greatest Concert Moment- WRITE ONE ABOUT GASLIGHT!
Page 1 of 1