DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sunday Paper in Georgia

Go down 
+2
xstevenbx
e7c
6 posters
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

The Sunday Paper in Georgia Empty
PostSubject: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 am

http://www.sundaypaper.com/More/Archives/tabid/98/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3182/THE-GASLIGHT-ANTHEM.aspx

just read this review that actually says "Ultimately, the melodies aren’t strong enough to support the words, reverbed guitars and busy arrangements, most of which get repetitious as the disc winds into its final third."

un-frickin-believable
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:58 am

i guess it's just impossible to have everyone on our side. w/e, it's just one guy's opinion.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 pm

if one of my friends told me that he did not like TGA, I would have no problem with that, he is just one person. However when you write for a paper some people will follow what you say, and the comments are our only way of trying to demenish the influence of that person.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:21 pm

well, i was actually talking about the fact that there were way more positive reviews of the record in the media itself. people should definitely look at those reviews instead of this one, but i see what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm

oh my bad, I completely mistook what you said...
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:24 am

With simple editing mistakes like 'Gashlight' and 'Edg,e' it's hard to take this guy seriously. Yes, splitting hairs, I know.

All he states is that it's 2.5 stars. 2.5 out of what? 2.5 stars out of 2.5, thank you, sir.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:06 am

is it written by a relation to benny?! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:31 am

ktp, I was just going to bring that up.

That publication is a joke. The editor should be fired and the writer needs his eyes checked with all of those typos and the shoddy way it all came out. Somebody's not doing their job.

Also, that guy needs his ears checked. The album is brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 am

I love your comment e7. I'm guessing it's you as not many people go by the name Echo Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Paper in Georgia   The Sunday Paper in Georgia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Paper in Georgia
Page 1 of 1