DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr

Go down 
+46
bringiton_ty
White Man In Hammersmith
RobertODonnell
CluckyB
nebraska
ashleybb
saltandburn1967
Hanswurst
eagles1139
Christophe
steady now steady now
IAmDisappeared
Breanne
loazis
Down by the Mersey
JJW319
StitchesOnTheRadio
kirstyt
azlisa
Pridevsprose
Steve70s
bringiton
steffuhnee
riversedge
Don Carlo
'49mercury
Bea
DeathoftheCool
Klown
Shrewsbury_Stars
Harbortown
TGAforLIFE
Jerseyrain
njguy99
simo
steph
YouCanCallMeSally
IrishNameAndAnInjury
mingus
Camus
luckysparks
NeverTrustAJunkie
enola
plugga
Holland
Debonair
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Thrice and TGA are two of my all time fav bands. I am going to miss Thrice, but Dustin has to follow his heart. and I'm pretty sure it's just a prolonged hiatus!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:16 pm

I thought this was one of Brian's best blog posts ever. He has such a great view on humanity and being accepting of everyone. If only everyone could be like that. And I loved his humor as always - "girls who used to be dinosaurs" - he cracks me up! Razz
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
To quote a commenter on absolutepunk : "He completely misses the problem that people have with Dustin's choice. It isn't that he's making worship music or that he's just a Christian - it's that he belongs to a church with explicitly offensive ideology."

Yes. That exactly. I love Brian, but I felt some secondhand embarrassment reading the latest blog. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Great, this Dustin guy is a Christian. Good for him. That is the not the problem. The problem is he belongs to a church that is notorious/infamous for its anti-women, anti-gay views. Like take a second and Google it, Brian. Don't just say "oh I know nothing about this church" and then defend someone who is so deeply entwined in it. It's actually kind of offensive that he assumes people are mad that Dustin is a Christian instead of taking a minute to learn what's actually upsetting people.

That is wonderful that he says Dustin treats gay people just fine, however, that does not negate the fact that Dustin is a member of a homophobic organization. If you are truly anti-homophobia, you do not align yourself with a homophobic organization. Period.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 pm

ashleybb wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:
To quote a commenter on absolutepunk : "He completely misses the problem that people have with Dustin's choice. It isn't that he's making worship music or that he's just a Christian - it's that he belongs to a church with explicitly offensive ideology."

Yes. That exactly. I love Brian, but I felt some secondhand embarrassment reading the latest blog. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Great, this Dustin guy is a Christian. Good for him. That is the not the problem. The problem is he belongs to a church that is notorious/infamous for its anti-women, anti-gay views. Like take a second and Google it, Brian. Don't just say "oh I know nothing about this church" and then defend someone who is so deeply entwined in it. It's actually kind of offensive that he assumes people are mad that Dustin is a Christian instead of taking a minute to learn what's actually upsetting people.

That is wonderful that he says Dustin treats gay people just fine, however, that does not negate the fact that Dustin is a member of a homophobic organization. If you are truly anti-homophobia, you do not align yourself with a homophobic organization. Period.

WORD!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 pm

ashleybb wrote:
eagles1139 wrote:

You're completely missing the point of Brian's post though. It wasn't "If Dustin wants to take a leadership role in a homophobic sexist church no one should complain about it" it was "don’t judge a group of people by one small percentage" The fact that it is reasonable to question Dustin as to why he chooses to affiliate himself with Mars Hill doesn't make anything he said less true.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Quote :
***EDIT: To clarify ONE THING… Mars Church or whatever… I have no idea what this is.  I’m writing this to address people I read attacking Dustin himself.  I know nothing of this church, and so I can not defend them because I don’t know about them.***

Brian added this edit tonight. Hopefully this will clear up any issues people are having with what he said.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:51 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Quote :
***EDIT: To clarify ONE THING… Mars Church or whatever… I have no idea what this is.  I’m writing this to address people I read attacking Dustin himself.  I know nothing of this church, and so I can not defend them because I don’t know about them.***

Brian added this edit tonight. Hopefully this will clear up any issues people are having with what he said.

Glad he added that edit because if that church is controversial then people have a fair argument but I think Brian is TOTALLY just in arguing that you shouldn't categorize all christians (or any group) based on a select few. Even if the church as in "the Christian church" not as in a specific church hasn't come around on some things yet, doesn't mean all Christians believe that way. He's right, Fox News anchors don't represent us.

The internet though can really breed some vicious stuff sometimes so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of unfair attacks on Dustin. (That said, I haven't looked into what the attacks were)

That's why I'm happy that even if things sometimes get a little heated on here, everyone works it out and is cool about it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:03 am

I love when Brian gets all riled up Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xripped_kneesx
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:11 am

Breanne wrote:

Haha me too. Whether I agree with everything he says or not (haven't really objected so far though). Also I think this is the longest rant by him I've ever seen/heard.

Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 am

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Haha me too. Whether I agree with everything he says or not (haven't really objected so far though). Also I think this is the longest rant by him I've ever seen/heard.

I think he could argue that grass is purple and i'd agree with him. He just backs up his opinions so well. If I was his persuasive writing teacher I'd be impressed hahaha
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 am

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

I think he could argue that grass is purple and i'd agree with him. He just backs up his opinions so well. If I was his persuasive writing teacher I'd be impressed hahaha

Hahahaha I probably would too. He really does and I respect that so much because there are way too many opinions out there on the internet that are not backed up. Even right now, by me not giving an example I'm not backing up my argument. I'm aware of the irony, haha.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:29 am

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Hahahaha I probably would too. He really does and I respect that so much because there are way too many opinions out there on the internet that are not backed up. Even right now, by me not giving an example I'm not backing up my argument. I'm aware of the irony, haha.
Like the people on the internet who are judging this guy for being part of this church and saying he is automatically a bad person, unless they have a good solid argument as to why he is a terrible person, like he pushed them in front of a moving vehicle, which I highly doubt, then they have no reason to be running their mouths

But I also haven't heard anyone bash this guy, so I don't even know the extent of what they're saying
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:03 am

Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:
Breanne wrote:

Like the people on the internet who are judging this guy for being part of this church and saying he is automatically a bad person, unless they have a good solid argument as to why he is a terrible person, like he pushed them in front of a moving vehicle, which I highly doubt, then they have no reason to be running their mouths

But I also haven't heard anyone bash this guy, so I don't even know the extent of what they're saying

Hmmm, if he pushed them in front of a moving vehicle they might no longer be able to run their mouths...haha jk. But yeah seriously I'm glad Brian defended him even if I don't know the details. And it's not like he was like "no I know Dustin is perfect in every way" he was just like "woah, can we put the breaks on the trash talking for a second and think about what we're saying?"
Back to top Go down
RobertODonnell
Wooderson
Wooderson
RobertODonnell

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

New Post: http://thegaslightanthem.tumblr.com/post/26070269981/hey-thanks-to-jazzy-jazz-from-mercury-we-just-got
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm

on the road footage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Cool! He's learning German?
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:25 pm

That's awesome! I'll look forward to seeing a few vids soon then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm

njguy99 wrote:

He told the Italians he was learning Italian like 2 years ago with Rosetta Stone. I wonder if that ever happened haha.
Back to top Go down
Breanne
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Breanne

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 pm

The XOXO Gossip Girl sign off will never not be funny
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

awesome! noticed the trademark coke bottle in front of brian, id have the guiness though next to him!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

njguy99 wrote:

He told the Italians he was learning Italian like 2 years ago with Rosetta Stone. I wonder if that ever happened haha.

exactly, THAT NEVER HAPPENED Frying Pan Razz
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Man, he must be keeping Rosetta Stone in business!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:05 pm

plugga wrote:
njguy99 wrote:

exactly, THAT NEVER HAPPENED Frying Pan Razz

You should call him out on it Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Klown wrote:
on the road footage Very Happy

i love this! it's always fun when fake problems or frank turner or arctic monkeys do videos like that, so it'll be extra awesome for gaslight. always so interesting to see that type of stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 am

new post...
http://thegaslightanthem.tumblr.com/post/26605648206/welcome-to-the-tour-thank-you-to-everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr   The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem: Official Tumblr
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next