DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

general vinyl queries

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

general vinyl queries Empty
PostSubject: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I thought I'd start a thread on general vinyl queries, rather than TGA specific ones, so if you want to know what '33⅓ rpm' means and what it does, this is the place to ask.

So, there is a band who have an album coming out in two weeks. The first pressing comes in three different versions/colours, but as it sold out quite fast, another colour has just been made available. The band call it a 2nd pressing, but I would just call it a fourth version/colour, as the record isn't even out yet. After all, the other three presumably didn't get pressed at the very same time either. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah it's a bit of a grey (or in this case green) area but I'd say it's the 4th variant of the 1st pressing. Mainly because the album isn't even released yet.

If it was, say, May 2012 and they announced a new variant of /1000 pressing then that would be a true-second pressing.
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 pm

It surely is the 4th record pressing because it is pressed on other colours before Wink
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
It surely is the 4th record pressing because it is pressed on other colours before Wink

no, because a pressing is like a first edition with different covers, like the first pressing (ie. edition) of American Slang, which came in five variants
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Why are we just calling them "a band"? lol...

Anyway, yes I think it is as you said - a "late entry" in the first pressing. Though perhaps they have a reason for calling it the second pressing, which we haven't considered.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Yeah it's definitely not a "second pressing" in most peoples eyes. We talking about Sharks here yeah?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

Jagveer /// wrote:
Why are we just calling them "a band"? lol...

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Yeah it's definitely not a "second pressing" in most peoples eyes. We talking about Sharks here yeah?

I said "a band" rather than "Sharks" because I wanted to keep the query general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: general vinyl queries   general vinyl queries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

general vinyl queries
Page 1 of 1