DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012

Go down 
+28
nico0493
SubconsciousRitual
danny4690
enola
DeathoftheCool
Steve70s
TheMagnificentDreamer
ghosttocoast
StitchesOnTheRadio
backseat99
steady now steady now
eagles1139
ral
Jerseyrain
bringiton_ty
Klown
CapedAvenger
Heart_Strings
bringiton
NeverTrustAJunkie
moreblue
_rebekka_
Christophe
Holland
LuceroDiehard
Camus
plugga
Gaslight23
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:30 am

moreblue wrote:
I don't think we got Mae though, and Leeds did.
Just spotted this. Maybe the setlist.fm version is wrong then...
Back to top Go down
moreblue
A Contender
A Contender
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah that sounds like the right setlist for Reading. But they either didn't play Mae or I completely can't remember hearing it.

I just watched their set back on iPlayer and at the end of 59 Sound Brian says "we got 1 more for you, enjoy your day..." before kicking into Backseat.
I can't hear any cut / edit / fade of the sound either where Mae got taken out of the BBC coverage.
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am

moreblue wrote:
Yeah that sounds like the right setlist for Reading. But they either didn't play Mae or I completely can't remember hearing it.

I just watched their set back on iPlayer and at the end of 59 Sound Brian says "we got 1 more for you, enjoy your day..." before kicking into Backseat.
I can't hear any cut / edit / fade of the sound either where Mae got taken out of the BBC coverage.
Interesting. It lists it on the setlist on the BBC's site. However, i've just watched a bit of the set* and you're quite right about T59S running straight into The Backseat (and obviously i'd trust a fan who was there's recollection over a half-arsed journalist who doesn't really care).

* - Off-topic, but the lass in the blue top on her friend's shoulders while they're playing T59S! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 am

CapedAvenger wrote:
* - Off-topic, but the lass in the blue top on her friend's shoulders while they're playing T59S! Shocked

Oh my god, she's amazing. Too young for you though!
Back to top Go down
CapedAvenger
Wooderson
Wooderson
CapedAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:16 am

markbarlow wrote:
CapedAvenger wrote:

Oh my god, she's amazing. Too young for you though!
Cheeky sod! Crying or Very sad Laughing

She didn't look THAT young to me...
Back to top Go down
rsj
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsj

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Really enjoyed yesterday's gig at Reading, thought all the guys were on fantastic form. Was a bit worried at the start after Benny dropped a stick straight away during the warm-up and then Alex didn't have his guitar ready, but after that everything seemed to go smoothly! Very Happy

The new material sounded great live (was really happy that Keepsake got a play); and the band did a great job at fitting plenty of songs in to their time slot. It was also nice to chat with a few fans before the set. Roll on Brixton!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 am

Sami wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Sami wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Sami wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNmkii3TgtA&playnext=1&list=PLE681CF640156F1D5&feature=results_video

One example. Couldn think of another right now, but theres plenty of them. Its Brian mostly.
That's 4 years ago!

1. So what. Was it more acceptable to play out of tune in 2008 than in 2012?
2. Theres is more recent videos also, just couldnt think right at the moment.

Maybe not more acceptable but they hadn't anywhere near the level of experience they have now so I'd say it was more understandable/forgivable. Do you expect someone who's just starting out in a job to be as good as someone who's been doing it for 4 years?

Plus a 4 year old video doesn't really back up a claim that they play out of tune a lot now.

Well I didnt know we were talking about at the moment, because you said " If that show is what sparked all this "out of tune" talk, then I'm very confused." so I assumed that you havent heard them play out of tune ever. And I think they were quite experienced musicians even in 2008. Maybe TGA was only 2-3 years old band, but those guys had been playing for years even then.

That was what I said, not Mark. I don't know why you would assume that means I've never heard them play out of tune. This thread is discussing Reading 2012. I watched the recording, they sounded fine, great even. Then someone brought up them sounding out of tune on this thread. Naturally I got confused because I thought they sounded great. That's why I asked for an example. Even if you didn't have one from Reading I was hoping for one from the last year. 4 years ago means nothing when it comes to how they play now, other than to show how much they've improved. Heck they've improved drastically since 2010 even in my opinion.

Note: I realize this might come off as having an attitude, it's not meant to, I was just clarifying my statement. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:48 am

Jeez. Theres some angry people on this forum Laughing . I apologise that wrong quote. Maybe I need to go learn English then, because I always end up fighting in this forum Rolling Eyes . Out of tune or not, its only rock n roll and I like it.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:09 am

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=418256

with the acoustic track and interview
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Sami wrote:
Jeez. Theres some angry people on this forum Laughing . I apologise that wrong quote. Maybe I need to go learn English then, because I always end up fighting in this forum Rolling Eyes . Out of tune or not, its only rock n roll and I like it.
Not angry, just a bit surprised by claims that they play out of tune a lot and then a 4 year old video posted as proof!

I wouldn't worry about your English, I'm sure you speak it better than most of us speak Finnish.

Do you like Shefki Kuqi? He's a legend.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:37 pm

markbarlow wrote:
Sami wrote:
Not angry, just a bit surprised by claims that they play out of tune a lot and then a 4 year old video posted as proof!

I wouldn't worry about your English, I'm sure you speak it better than most of us speak Finnish.

^^That. I said I didn't mean to sound angry or like a jerk Smile Just wanted to clarify myself.

And yeah don't worry about you're english. I never would have guessed it wasn't your first language. And, like many Americans, I can't speak another language worth a damn so kudos to you!

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey, anyone who's good at/knows how to rip videos from youtube wanna rip these? because they already took down the video of the whole thing due to copyright or something so I'm kind of expecting these to disappear too.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS6beAXQKME

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xEv9jHxVQ

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YOdzJpAouc
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:20 am

Interview with Alex L. and Benny in Reading

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:27 am

Wow!! You can finaallly hear the backing vocals! And they're good haha
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:54 am

totally random, but i came across this video from 2010 and brian and the guys are all killing it!! so passionate in this live video. love seeing stuff like this Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaI8LwNEL08&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:15 am

They were really feeling it that day. Check out this video of Spirit of Jazz.

The way he yells the end of the second verse. JESUS.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 am

eagles1139 wrote:
They were really feeling it that day. Check out this video of Spirit of Jazz.

The way he yells the end of the second verse. JESUS.

when brian pulls shit vocally like that it's actually the best thing in music
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:40 am

That's one of my favorite songs! nice find! so awesome
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Mae
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mae

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Does anyone have the video for the Reading set or the video for when he played National Anthem during the Treehouse sessions at the festival?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012   Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading/Leeds Festivals 2012
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4