DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lollapalooza 2012

Go down 
+37
acousticbandit
Christophe
stephendgaf
Raoul_Duke
mingus
saltandburn1967
plugga
SubconsciousRitual
Yekith
MKULTRA
bt211
Jerseyrain
CapedAvenger
dmcraig
Ryan
03aarm
StitchesOnTheRadio
Holland
Labhras
tyoac
TGAFAN25
ral
The Angry Johnny Revue
Bea
thomas94
Klown
eagles1139
RandyMachoManCabbage
NeverTrustAJunkie
JukeboxJuliet
njguy99
colmillionaire
Shrewsbury_Stars
LuceroDiehard
steph
fullcollapse
simo
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Gaslight is apparently playing Lolla this year, assuming this rumor is true.

http://propertyofzack.com/post/17571806777/at-the-drive-in-the-gaslight-anthem-to-play
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm really hoping for an aftershow! I won't go to Lolla because it's just miserable and I don't like festivals at all, but the 2009 aftershow they did at Double Door was incredible.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I'm really hoping for an aftershow! I won't go to Lolla because it's just miserable and I don't like festivals at all, but the 2009 aftershow they did at Double Door was incredible.

i feel like i'm the only person who doesn't enjoy festivals. i mean, they can be fun if there are a ton of bands you want to see, and you could end up seeing new bands you wouldn't have otherwise heard, but all the ones i've been to were fucking hot and miserable. esp. Coachella. overall, it was a good experience, but i'm not aching to do it all over again!
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Yeah I went to Bonnaroo a couple years ago but not sure I really want to go back.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 pm

simo wrote:
Yeah I went to Bonnaroo a couple years ago but not sure I really want to go back.

i feel like it's almost a rite of passage, something you should do a few times, but unless you luck out and a lot of your favorite bands are playing the same festival, it's probly not worth it.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 pm

steph wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

i feel like i'm the only person who doesn't enjoy festivals. i mean, they can be fun if there are a ton of bands you want to see, and you could end up seeing new bands you wouldn't have otherwise heard, but all the ones i've been to were fucking hot and miserable. esp. Coachella. overall, it was a good experience, but i'm not aching to do it all over again!

I went back in 2007 and it was simply okay. It really, really sucked seeing bands from behind thousands of people in 90 degree heat. It's just not enjoyable.

I did Bamboozle last year because it was in the spring. It worked out to be VERY enjoyable because the stage Gaslight was on was filled with several bands I loved, so I was able to get there early and stand at the barrier and love almost every minute. Such is not very physically possible at Lolla. In addition, god willing that everything keeps going okay, I will be 9 months pregnant when Lolla is happening this year. An aftershow I can do, a miserable outdoor fest I will not.

(if anyone who knows me sees this, I'm still keeping the pregnancy mostly off the internet until our families are told in a couple weeks, so please shhh!)

The added rumor of At the Drive In playing as well just makes me REALLY hope they do an aftershow, and that it's not the same night as TGA if they both do one. Gaslight will win me, but I'll be sad.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
steph wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

I went back in 2007 and it was simply okay. It really, really sucked seeing bands from behind thousands of people in 90 degree heat. It's just not enjoyable.

I did Bamboozle last year because it was in the spring. It worked out to be VERY enjoyable because the stage Gaslight was on was filled with several bands I loved, so I was able to get there early and stand at the barrier and love almost every minute. Such is not very physically possible at Lolla. In addition, god willing that everything keeps going okay, I will be 9 months pregnant when Lolla is happening this year. An aftershow I can do, a miserable outdoor fest I will not.

(if anyone who knows me sees this, I'm still keeping the pregnancy mostly off the internet until our families are told in a couple weeks, so please shhh!)

The added rumor of At the Drive In playing as well just makes me REALLY hope they do an aftershow, and that it's not the same night as TGA if they both do one. Gaslight will win me, but I'll be sad.

nine months pregnant? you got ovaries of steel, woman! Razz 90 degrees sounds fine, festivals usually happen in summertime, which is like 115 degrees where i am, and about the same for Coachella, so it's just miserable-- plus they charge like $3 or $4 for a lukewarm bottle of water.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:07 pm

also, congrats on the pregnancy! hope all goes well. Smile
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks! haha yes I am about 12 weeks along now, I have a big ultrasound tomorrow and I am really just hoping there's still a baby in there. We're so, so happy.

It will definitely take some pretty extreme circumstances (ie: going into labor) for me to miss Gaslight if they do anything OTHER than Lolla! I hate thinking that I'd be missing them regardless but I chose to skip Lolla in 2008 when they played. I'd skip it regardless, because every time I've seen them has just been fantastic. I don't want to ruin that record!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Thanks! haha yes I am about 12 weeks along now, I have a big ultrasound tomorrow and I am really just hoping there's still a baby in there. We're so, so happy.

It will definitely take some pretty extreme circumstances (ie: going into labor) for me to miss Gaslight if they do anything OTHER than Lolla! I hate thinking that I'd be missing them regardless but I chose to skip Lolla in 2008 when they played. I'd skip it regardless, because every time I've seen them has just been fantastic. I don't want to ruin that record!

aww. i'm happy for you! best wishes and all! haha, i like that. i don't think i've seen Gaslight anywhere than headlining their own show.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

steph wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

aww. i'm happy for you! best wishes and all! haha, i like that. i don't think i've seen Gaslight anywhere than headlining their own show.

Thank you! Bamboozle worked out because they headlined that stage, so it still had that feel. It would feel very weird seeing them finish playing and then someone else jumps on.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
steph wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

Thank you! Bamboozle worked out because they headlined that stage, so it still had that feel. It would feel very weird seeing them finish playing and then someone else jumps on.

yeah, it would. thankfully i don't think we will see them opening for someone again! haha.
Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

I've never had a bad festival experience....they are exhausting tho.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

WELL YOU DONT LIVE IN HELL SO :STFU:
Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:31 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Don't Hate. not my fault I've more fun than you.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

WE REALLY NEED A SMACK WITH A FRYING PAN EMOTICON Mad
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

p.s. you don't have boobs. so you still lose! Razz
Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

WE REALLY NEED A SMACK WITH A FRYING PAN EMOTICON Mad

Lollapalooza 2012 Tumblr_lync5cOMJR1ql1nuv
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

I'm fine with not having big o'l Titties. Razz
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

yeah right. they're more fun to play with than wrinkly ol balls.
Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:46 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

I don't know what kinda balls you've seen but mine are not wrinkly and old.

also not an appropriate discussing for a touring thread Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:47 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

OH NO PLEASE DON'T BAN ME. my boobs > your balls
Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

I'm not going to ban you...today. jocolor
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
steph wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

I'm not going to ban you...today. jocolor
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lollapalooza 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lollapalooza 2012   Lollapalooza 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lollapalooza 2012
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next