DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tastemakers Magazine Interview

Go down 
+6
enola
steph
simo
CluckyB
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
10 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Tastemakers Magazine Interview Empty
PostSubject: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't think this one has been posted yet. Brian discusses the new album, politics, and his current favorite lyrics.

http://tastemakersmag.com/interviews/2012/a-qa-with-brian-fallon-the-gaslight-anthem-the-horrible-crowes/
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 am

GREAT FIND SHANNON!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:31 am

Nice find, Shannon!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 am

I thought Brian ghostwrote songs for others? Sure that is a little different than being like "I'm Brian Fallon and if you pay me $500 I'll write you a song as Brian Fallon" but it more or less feels like the same thing. I mean, I completely appreciated the whole "I want to see what you are thinking and your experiences and I want to hear something that I don’t know" thing, but that doesn't mean writing some songs for people as a way to make a few more dollars or reach out to your fans is a bad thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 am

if I recall correctly, from the time when he made an appearance on the mark hoppus show, I think he did mention that he has ghostwrote songs for others.

Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 am

He never said whether he was paid to do it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 am

simo wrote:
He never said whether he was paid to do it though.

He says it 'it keeps me employed'
So I'm assuming he gets paid some amount. might not be a huge money but still.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:39 am

Ah, didn't remember that part. I don't have any problem with it but it's weird that he would say that now.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 am

CluckyB wrote:
I thought Brian ghostwrote songs for others? Sure that is a little different than being like "I'm Brian Fallon and if you pay me $500 I'll write you a song as Brian Fallon" but it more or less feels like the same thing. I mean, I completely appreciated the whole "I want to see what you are thinking and your experiences and I want to hear something that I don’t know" thing, but that doesn't mean writing some songs for people as a way to make a few more dollars or reach out to your fans is a bad thing

maybe he meant that it was different to write songs for someone else as a struggling songwriter/musician, another to write one as an established musician sort of trading on the fame and the point of view you are known from through your own music?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:05 am

Great find, Shannon & thanks for sharing Smile

I don't think Brian still writes a lot of stuff for other people. He seems to be way too busy for that ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:20 am

steph wrote:
CluckyB wrote:

maybe he meant that it was different to write songs for someone else as a struggling songwriter/musician, another to write one as an established musician sort of trading on the fame and the point of view you are known from through your own music?

I was thinking the exact same thing, Steph. It's a lot different to write songs for other musicians when you are just starting out or are struggling yourself, rather than as a famous person who is also in turn selling their name and trademark style. The bills have to get paid!
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 am

i think it's also worth pointing out that when brian ghost writes songs it's not a case of "what do you want me to write a song about?" it's more a case of "i wrote this song, wanna buy it?" steph's point is a good one too.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

So according to an ASCAP search (and then a Wikipedia check), Brian apparently cowrote this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebqr_0vPc4
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

simo wrote:
So according to an ASCAP search (and then a Wikipedia check), Brian apparently cowrote this song.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebqr_0vPc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ebqr_0vPc4[/quote[/url]]

Kind of weird.scratch
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 pm

^ That was my thought exactly when i first did the ASCAP search myself a couple months ago. But if you forget the music and just read the lyrics, it sure is Fallon-like
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Bea wrote:
^ That was my thought exactly when i first did the ASCAP search myself a couple months ago. But if you forget the music and just read the lyrics, it sure is Fallon-like

You're right, Bea. I listened to the song first and I was like, Brian wrote this?! It's so poppy and weird. But then I looked up the lyrics and it made a lot more sense. Different music could have made that song so much better!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm

It kinda sounds like a mix between Queen of Lower Chelsea and Casanova Baby
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Great interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tastemakers Magazine Interview   Tastemakers Magazine Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tastemakers Magazine Interview
Page 1 of 1