DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Logo Idea/revisions

Go down 
+10
steady now steady now
The Angry Johnny Revue
steph
simo
NeverTrustAJunkie
Harbortown
IrishNameAndAnInjury
plugga
HorribleCrowe
Debonair
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Logo Idea/revisions Empty
PostSubject: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:19 pm

hey everyone, so ive begun working on a new header/logo for this place after hearing requests for an updated one by people around here.

Im looking to work with the people of this board to get ideas for revisions, that way we have something that everyone likes.

This first one was just me messing around before i actually thought of designing something, but i figured i show every revision step so we can see how it evolved.

Logo Idea/revisions Dimehe11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the second revision after suggestions from plugga and shannon. They liked the ticket idea, but said go for a more vintage look, and add something reconizable/gaslight related.
So thats what i did in this next one.

Logo Idea/revisions Header10

i'm personally not happy with the Dimestore saints area yet, i just ran into a mental road block from staring at it too long last night. I have some new ideas circling in my head. But i thought " hey lets see what everyone else thinks"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the third revision, going off a slight recommendation from harbortown....i think were getting close Very Happy

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest10

here it is with out the bar code, if we were to drop it

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fourth revision, Decided to change the image, you think it works better?

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fifth revision, Final one?

Logo Idea/revisions Logo10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sixth revision, changed the color of the text, if theres anything else, we put it up for a vote, 5 votes and it gets changed

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest13

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seventh revision -now were working on what the actual header will be

Logo Idea/revisions Logoheader

i think it might need to be a little longer/more images

well put it to a vote, remember 5 votes for - makes it through

just add "longer/more images " to vote

if it goes through please recommend me some images Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight revision is from steady nows recommendations. made the E easier to read on the anchor, and shortened the wait time for the pictures to start

Logo Idea/revisions Headerfinal

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see if we can clean up the look of this place Very Happy

Last edited by Debonair on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Mate! Tommorow night I have some spare time, i'll get my digital drawing board from under the dust and i'll draw something, maybe we can work something out!

I like the second one most Wink
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 pm

most talented forum on earth or what? good job y'all
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

I wrote a song for my girlfriend once Wink not sure to share it here tho.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

ahaha awww that's cute, leave it for her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HorribleCrowe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
HorribleCrowe

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:34 pm

plugga wrote:
ahaha awww that's cute, leave it for her Very Happy

Sure will, promised nobody would ever read it Wink

Back to business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I dig the second one a lot, Debonair! Nice work.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm

You really did a great job, Debonair! I love it! I think it will make the forum look so much more impressive.

We are all so amazing, so we should have an awesome backdrop for our brilliant posts, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
You really did a great job, Debonair! I love it! I think it will make the forum look so much more impressive.

We are all so amazing, so we should have an awesome backdrop for our brilliant posts, right? Wink

by back drop do you mean the background image, of the queen of lower chelsea. or are you talking about the color of the tables(the things we post on)
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Debonair wrote:

by back drop do you mean the background image, of the queen of lower chelsea. or are you talking about the color of the tables(the things we post on)

Haha, I was just talking about the forum in general, but I do think the background image, the queen of lower Chelsea, could use an update too. I think that any changes you make are going to freshen the forum up, kind of revamp it, and it will turn out great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Debonair wrote:

Haha, I was just talking about the forum in general, but I do think the background image, the queen of lower Chelsea, could use an update too. I think that any changes you make are going to freshen the forum up, kind of revamp it, and it will turn out great. Very Happy

yeah its all a work in progress, once i figure out the header ill look into the other stuff. basically build off everything, so it all matches
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Debonair wrote:
Debonair wrote:

yeah its all a work in progress, once i figure out the header ill look into the other stuff. basically build off everything, so it all matches

Sounds like a great plan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 pm

I appreciate the work you put into it, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

The first one looks too bland, and the second one is kinda cluttered so it looks like a coupon for a store or something.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I appreciate the work you put into it, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

The first one looks too bland, and the second one is kinda cluttered so it looks like a coupon for a store or something.

thats point of this is to get ideas, i 100% percent agree on the cluttered part, i just stared at this way to long last night so i fricken just had enough. the first one was never ment to be taken seriously, and with each new revision the old revision is not part of the running. Its just to show the evolvement which is always fun to see
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Definitely go with "Vintage" & "Gaslight-related" ideas. Sometimes in other threads I forget that we're all here because we love the same band. That will remind me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Heres the third revision, going off a slight recommendation from harbortown....i think were getting close Very Happy

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest10

here it is with out the bar code, if we were to drop it

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Hhmmmm, not as into this one. It just kinda looks weird with the lettering in a circle, because it's uneven. Maybe I'm just too anal about symmetry. Also, I like how the lettering that says "EST 2008" blends in well with the background, whereas the other letting looks a bit out of place, you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm

I think they look nice but it would be better if they were the same dimensions as the current header.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:37 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Hhmmmm, not as into this one. It just kinda looks weird with the lettering in a circle, because it's uneven. Maybe I'm just too anal about symmetry. Also, I like how the lettering that says "EST 2008" blends in well with the background, whereas the other letting looks a bit out of place, you know what I mean?

Completely do, I know for a fact that the letterings not 100% straight, I'm more of trying to get ideas out right now. Mainly because I don't want to work hours and hours on perfect letters, only to get not this one Razz . Once a design is more of settled on, I'll go back and clean it up.

So what exactly should I change/ work with more?

Last edited by Debonair on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:38 pm

simo wrote:
I think they look nice but it would be better if they were the same dimensions as the current header.

I will do that once the design is more or less picked, these dimensions take up less room and are easier to see
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:38 pm

I agree with Sarah, but I'll add that the touch of blue is very, very nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Debonair wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

Completely do, I know for a fact that the letterings not 100% straight, I'm more of trying to get ideas out right now. Mainly because I don't want to work hours and hours on perfect letters, only to get not this one Razz . Once a design is more of settled on, I'll go back and clean it up.

So what exactly should I change/ work with more?

Ahh, I get ya. I'm not sure exactly what to change on it, but maybe just keep playing around with where the lettering is placed.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

ok so i need a sense of direction of what to go with.

From what i can gather you want to stay with this blue background, and the image in the circle. and keep the "est 2008" in the circle.

so what you want to change is the "dimestore saints" in the circle and the " a forum dedicated"

now did you just want the "dimestore saints" to just blend in better like the "est 2008"
and the samething with the "a forum dedicated".

Like the overal design is good but the lettering just needs to be even and blend in a bit better, or, you want a different way to incorperate the lettering?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Decided to change the image, you think it works better?

Logo Idea/revisions Dimest12
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm

^yeah, that one's cool, i think it's the best one so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logo Idea/revisions   Logo Idea/revisions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logo Idea/revisions
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next