DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)

Go down 
+12
enola
Phil Rockabill
IrishNameAndAnInjury
JukeboxJuliet
acousticbandit
riversedge
brianisbae
Shrewsbury_Stars
kuruptlon
Vibes
plugga
moosicmaniac
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Empty
PostSubject: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 am

Just in case there are any NU students that missed it, Brian will be playing AfterHours, Northeastern's little on campus club on Thursday. THe show is NU students only... any other Huskies here?

They just announced this last night. And I am losing my mind.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 am

wow, jealous!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Wow, I haven't regretted not going to NU until now. It was my other top school before I went to college.

Oh well. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:17 am

Hey thanks for the heads up, where did you hear this though? I can't find anything about it.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 am

kuruptlon wrote:
Hey thanks for the heads up, where did you hear this though? I can't find anything about it.

My friend's roommate is in one of the organizations that's putting on the show. They typically announce this stuff very close to the event. Here's the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/322090811140317/
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:25 am

Wow good for you NU guys. Not going to lie, I'm quite jealous. If I still lived in Boston I'd definitely try to weasel my way in.
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 pm

WOW, I live about a hour away >.<
Back to top Go down
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 3:56 pm

thats so great!
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 am

Man I am not happy with Northeastern University today. I went to get tickets today but apparently because I'm a grad student and not an undergrad I'm not able to attend this show. That's discrimination if you ask me. I'm certainly paying just as much as the undergrads to go there so why don't I have access to these shows?

Ah well such as life.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:35 am

kuruptlon wrote:
Man I am not happy with Northeastern University today. I went to get tickets today but apparently because I'm a grad student and not an undergrad I'm not able to attend this show. That's discrimination if you ask me. I'm certainly paying just as much as the undergrads to go there so why don't I have access to these shows?

Ah well such as life.

I don't know man, I would absolutely fight this.

The announcement just says "NU only". Where is the written policy that says "NU undergrad only." Even if there is a written policy allowing the venue to limit events to undergrads, I would make the case for an exception. Such a rule seems pretty arbitrary and it absolutely discriminates against graduate members of the NU community (particularly if the show is not even sold out yet). I would make a call to the Dean's/Provost's office and calmly make this case. I would point out that as a graduate student you likely pay considerably more in tuition than undergrads.

Fight the power.

Also, you might want to take your case to @briangaslight via twitter.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 pm

kuruptlon wrote:

Ah well such as life.

Yeah, that's bullshit. I don't think tweeting Brian could do anything, but I'd think about hitting up @tastemakersmag, as they're putting on the show. Also, idk if they'll be swiping IDs AND taking tickets at the door, but if you know an undergrad who can get you a ticket, you can at least give it a try.

Sorry brother.
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

kuruptlon wrote:

Ah well such as life.

bummer dude. are you still going to try to show up? sounds like NU is pretty strict about this but i used to go to rutgers "students only" shows all the time when i was in high school.
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 am

Hey guys, back from the show. Brian was in a VERY talkative mood. He stopped songs a few times to think of or ask for the next line. Told lots of stories. The majority of the show was requests. My buddy got the setlist and it only had about 6 songs written in and the rest were blank slots. He said he tried writing a setlist and failed, and did requests for most of the show. I have a video of Red at Night that I'll get up on youtube tomorrow.

Here's the setlist... order is pretty rough, but I got everything.

Great Expectations
Old White Lincoln
Senor and the Queen
High Lonesome
Diamond Church Street Choir
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
The '59 Sound
Miles Davis and the Cool
She Loves You
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Blue Jeans & White T Shirts
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
The Navesink Banks
Red At Night
Ladykiller
Here's Lookin At You, Kid
American Slang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:23 am

pretty killer man...thanks for documenting the night. looks like a dope setlist.
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:06 am

SO jealous! Hope that some more video will pop up on YouTube as well, there are a few of those tracks I would LOVE to of heard!
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:23 am

There was a Starbucks in the venue... at one point after I fed Brian a few lines he was forgetting he offered to buy me coffee... I politely turned him down. At one point we were collaboratively trying to figure out where his capo goes for The Blues, Mary but he gave up after a minute (I would've been right if his guitar wasn't tuned down a whole step!). He said that they only have a few more songs to write for the new record and it should be out in either June or September.

It was a VERY intimate show.

Here's the video of Red at Night I just uploaded to youtube. Missed the beginning... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdBZPXRmeo
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks so much for the report. What a special show.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Moosicmaniac, thanks so much for uploading the video and posting the link. LOVE it! It sounds like a really amazing show. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

That video was great. You're so lucky you got to go to this, there probably won't be too many more solo Brian Fallon shows if Gaslight gets bigger. That's pretty sweet that he offered to buy you a coffee too!!
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Here's a photo of the "setlist" he brought on stage with him. That's "Elvis" written in pencil next to #8: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/MwHmfvpCfphGWA049RNdU_RDKLL1C9BIKiXLiIWbVtU?feat=directlink

and here's a few morefrom the show:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ac2ocKUt7WoNx7WAEg8M9vRDKLL1C9BIKiXLiIWbVtU?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9g8JjUy9d7-6tOcUe8qVI_RDKLL1C9BIKiXLiIWbVtU?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/iVEgf64tIqWY1v6oWhZLnvRDKLL1C9BIKiXLiIWbVtU?feat=directlink
Back to top Go down
JukeboxJuliet
A Contender
A Contender
JukeboxJuliet

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm

Ahhhhhhh thank you so much for sharing the video and images!!!

I've been stalking YouTube and found a couple other great vidoes, incase anyone else is interested. I hope a few more pop up too!

American Slang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGbbOjDzT5o

High Lonesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMtPjQWpas

Diamond Church Street Choir:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08s_ZAqMd9s
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:38 pm

CutToRibbons wrote:
Ahhhhhhh thank you so much for sharing the video and images!!!

I've been stalking YouTube and found a couple other great vidoes, incase anyone else is interested. I hope a few more pop up too!

American Slang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGbbOjDzT5o

High Lonesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beMtPjQWpas

Diamond Church Street Choir:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08s_ZAqMd9s

Very interesting statements during High Lonsome . . . they've already written the setlist for the Convention Hall show and High Lonsome isn't on it.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Nice vids. Thanks for posting...

Btw, nice shirt and hat...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the video and the pics. I really love the setlist Wink

Brian said in Portsmouth that he doesn't like "Red At Night", yet he keeps playing it. Well, I don't mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:48 am

Good sound quality on these vids. Wonder if anyone recorded the whole show. I'm sure bakerstuff will in asbury next week so hopefully we'll get that show.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)   Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian at Northeastern University (12/1/11)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next