DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from the mighty Finland!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from the mighty Finland! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Hellohello. Im Sam and I just got an inspiration to join this forum maybe, because theres pretty much nobody with who I can really talk about this great band cause all my friends got shitty taste in music (well okay their taste is fine, but not as good as mine Smile ).
My first touch with Gaslight was I think something like early/mid 2009 when I heard their cover of The Replacements Left Of The Dial. Well it was good, but got to say that it didnt impress me that much...probaply cause the original is pretty damn hard beat. Anyway they stick in to my mind and somewhere around 2010 spring i'd give the 59 Sound time than i had before. And yes. It hit me pretty hard. And it wasnt that long that American Slang came out and i bought them together. But first I wasnt full of 59 Sound at all AS had to wait. But somewhere in the summer I would just go crazy with these records. 59Sounds on the way to the work and AS on the way to the home. Great summer. And on, and on, and on, and on. Saw them one time in fall 2010.

Well what else. Music is big thing of my life. Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, The Replacements, The Who, R.E.M., Abduktio, Fun, Disco Ensemble, Frank Turner, Oasis, Faith No More, Alice In Chains, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dylan, Springsteen and so on and on. Thinking buying a bass, because ive played some drums and I can play a couple chords around with so maybe the bass would be a good idea for 24 old guy to become a "musician" just a little bit even...
I also like alot of movies. For example movies from Scorsese, Sergio Leone, Kubrick, Jack Nicholson, De Niro, Pacino, Mcqueen, Bronson, Eastwood, Murray, Carrey, Robin Williams.
Liked to read more books, but too lazy or just concerating "too much" on music stuff. Other my hobbies walking/running, playing billiard and drinking as many beers I can and still keep my girlfriend happy afro . And one of my big "heroes" is standup/actor Don "Mr Warmth" Rickles.

And somehow I just have these phases sometimes that I cant stop writing, but i try to keep my posts at the point that you can actually read them and don't get bored. Or maybe you can. I dont care...as long as im having fun Basketball jocolor king . But I try and also get better with my English...cause maybe I suck at it much more than I think Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Hey Sam, welcome to the forum! I think you're going to fit in just fine! Don't worry about your English, your post was great, lots of fun. Smile You mentioned 59 Sound and American Slang, but have you listened to Sink or Swim? How about Senor and the Queen? They're awesome, so check them out if you haven't already. See you around!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Hey Sam, welcome to the forum! I think you're going to fit in just fine! Don't worry about your English, your post was great, lots of fun. Smile You mentioned 59 Sound and American Slang, but have you listened to Sink or Swim? How about Senor and the Queen? They're awesome, so check them out if you haven't already. See you around!

Yeah of course! They are as great as 59Sound and AS. Put them in order is impossible. Maybe little tired of AS at the moment if I have to say. And Sink and Swim maybe for that matter get most of my listening at the moment. And Horrible Crowes and all are familiar...I just didnt bother to tell the whole story you know Wink.

EDIT: maybe you didnt notice my cheesy things in my first post like " a couple chords around" or "and on, and on, and on, and on" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Silly me! I noticed as I read them (even started singing with the "on and ons" and then I forgot you mentioned them when I wrote my post. Sorry! If you want to try an impossible task, check out the thread where you rank your favorite Elsie songs. There may be one for TGA albums as well...
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Hello, nordic brother of the east. We shall do battle in knee deep snow in the sunrise.
Back to top Go down
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Welcome aboard, Viking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Sorry, but no viking...thats more Norways thing. But yes, we shall do battle in knee deep snow in the sunrise. Naked and drunk!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Sami is right - FInland never had vikings. Sweden, Norway and Denmark did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mighty Finland!   Hello from the mighty Finland! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the mighty Finland!
Page 1 of 1