DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Witnessed a Crime tab

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

I Witnessed a Crime tab Empty
PostSubject: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:10 pm

I've seen this a few different ways:

In the full band live video, Brian plays C, G, and Am each time/each line during the intro and verses.

In the revival tour videos, he plays C, G, F, then C, G, Am.

Each one sounds fine, but I wanted to see if anybody else has tried to pick out the chords. It's hard for me to figure out the chords on Elsie because it's not really a chord based album--the majority of the tracks have a lot going on--and I can't find a video showing the chords (and my ear is inconsistent at discerning sounds...some songs I can pick up right away, others I have a lot of trouble with).

Anyway, any add ons to this little bit is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Quote :
C, G, F, then C, G, Am
is correct.
Back to top Go down
jzancan
A Contender
A Contender
jzancan

PostSubject: Re: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Quote :
C, G, F, then C, G, Am
is correct.

Thanks, Harbortown. Is that the progression for the whole song, including the bridge?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/jzancan
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm

You know, if I'm not mistaken I think I posted the tabs for this song somewhere on the forum. Let me try to find it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Or maybe I didn't.

The chorus is Am, G, F, G. Then there's the bridge which is
(Dm, Am)
Dm, F, A#, F
And a final Am, F, G before the chorus comes in again. The bridge is hard to decipher though 'cause the bass is all over the place.

Anyway, this song is actually in G-minor, not a-minor, so you gotta tune your guitar down a whole step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Witnessed a Crime tab   I Witnessed a Crime tab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Witnessed a Crime tab
Page 1 of 1