DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live in Dallas- You won the wife over

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BrutalJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Empty
PostSubject: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Gaslight played in Dallas on Sunday night at the Prophet Bar.

A Sunday night in Dallas after a Cowboys loss is probably not 'peak' time to draw a big crowd in our weak music city. So, having never seen Gaslight I had no idea what to expect.

Then... not sure why... but for some reason, I decided to take the wife even though she had zero interest in this band whose CDs are on constant high rotation at the house.

Anyways... we headed down to Deep Ellum and The Prophet Bar around 9:45 thinking that if doors open at 8pm and there are 3 bands then Gaslight will probably not be on until around 11. Well, they came on at 10:15 and we barely made it.

My wife, being the treat that she is, counted people and came up with about 110. Her concern was that 110x $10 would not be enough for 3 bands to get back to New Jersey on gas... sweet. She continued by taking everything under consideration and decided that Gaslight probably would need to get day jobs when they returned... this is my life.

Anyways... to make a long story short. Gaslight came out and killed! By the 3rd song (Great Expectations, Wooderson, We Came To Dance) they had won the crowd and my wife. Then the stories ('The Slushy', 'Slamming Water then Yacking', 'Meeting Springsteen...I fish', etc) were great and that is all she has talked about since. She actually had the nerve to say that they played too short (I think it was about 1 hour and 10 minutes or so).

And, even though Fallon told us not to tell anyone... the crowd persuaded him to end with the coolest version of 'I'm on Fire' that I have ever heard.

Nice job guys... you rock!

We will see you at Edgefest...

Jason
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm on Fire!

As if, I'm gonna be asking for that!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm

it was a great show man, and i to will be at edgefest
Back to top Go down
ambrose
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:24 pm

amazing first show, turned my best friend into a huge Gaslight fan.
picked up a shirt of course and finally the Senor ep.

the show was everything i hoped it was gonna be.

plus Josh punched me in the back of the head.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:23 pm

haha im sorry dude, i still love you
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Hard love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live in Dallas- You won the wife over   Live in Dallas- You won the wife over Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live in Dallas- You won the wife over
Page 1 of 1