DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who needs fancy clothes?

Go down 
+8
steph
plugga
Perry
Harbortown
Phil Rockabill
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Holland
JimmyB
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Expensive/designer Clothes
worth it
Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Rip off
Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
Lower the cost
Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:10 pm

I get confused by the term "button down shirt". What does it even mean?
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 pm

It means that the collar is attached with buttons on each side.

Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Ben%20sherman%20bluewhite%203
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Close but no cigar.

A button-down (or button-up) shirt is simply a shirt with buttons on the front and wrists and also it has a collar. It's not in reference to the edges of the collar. A fancy dress shirt and a casual flannel shirt are button-down shirts all the same.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Close but no cigar.

A button-down (or button-up) shirt is simply a shirt with buttons on the front and wrists and also it has a collar. It's not in reference to the edges of the collar. A fancy dress shirt and a casual flannel shirt are button-down shirts all the same.

Just like a normal shirt? I see. I thought it was the above one, hence my confusion

Cheers buddy!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 am

i bet the people who first called a shirt "button down" are rolling in their graves in dismay that people of today cannot discern what "button down" means. "button down what" "it's a shirt, that you button down, how simple can we be?"
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 am

Harbortown wrote:
Close but no cigar.

Thanks for clearing this out. Wasn't all that sure. But I COULD have been right. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 am

Could have been!

I actually wasn't entirely sure. But I'm pretty sure I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:34 pm

steph wrote:
i bet the people who first called a shirt "button down" are rolling in their graves in dismay that people of today cannot discern what "button down" means. "button down what" "it's a shirt, that you button down, how simple can we be?"

A non-button down shirt is a t-shirt? Why add the extra "button down" bit to confuse the issue?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eg2xvqWYSA&feature=g-u&context=G2919359FUAAAAAAAJAA

look, my favorite vlogger!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:48 am

The first guys coat was excellent.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 am

yeah, I love jim's scarf tho, i would totally buy one like that
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 pm

The best dressed guy in the video was definitely the dude with the parka leather jacket. Excellent outfit.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:27 pm

we look like vogue's staff. look at us.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Screw Vogue. This is DIMESTORE SAINTS.
Back to top Go down
waltzingseñora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
waltzingseñora

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:39 pm

The more identity the brand has, the less identity the consumer has...
When everyone is wearing this stupid WESC t-shirts (which is nothing but a silly tee) I feel as if I'm surrounded by clones! God.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs fancy clothes?   Who needs fancy clothes? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who needs fancy clothes?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2