DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music coming full circle?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Music coming full circle? Empty
PostSubject: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Anyone notice this trend? The best music (excluding the underground stuff in America) is coming from England? while almost all the mainstream/top 40 stuff is mostly junk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Anyone notice this trend? The best music (excluding the underground stuff in America) is coming from England? while almost all the mainstream/top 40 stuff is mostly junk?

best music?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah I feel like that's a highly opinionated claim.

Some of my favorite bands are

From Sweden - In Flames, The Hellacopters, Disfear, Amon Amarth, Cult of Luna
From USA - The Gaslight Anthem, Bad Religion, Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Robert Francis, Greg Laswell, Converge
From England - Mumford and Sons
From Australia - Midnight Oil

So yeah, most of my favorites are from America. That doesn't mean the best music is from there.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:13 am

There's honestly only a handful of (current) British artists I can think of that I listen to on a regular basis. I'm sure there's plenty of good ones that I've missed, but you don't hear about them in the US.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:26 am

never paid attention to this to be honest but I think it depends on what kind of music you listen to.. maybe?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:21 am

Yeah bit of a bold statement that. Im English but the vast majority of my favourite bands are American, The Gaslight Anthem, Bruce, Matchbox Twenty, Goo Goo Dolls, Bon Jovi, Augustana. Can't say Im really bothered about any English bands besides perhaps Mumford and Sons and occasionally Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music coming full circle?   Music coming full circle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music coming full circle?
Page 1 of 1